Consolidation I did it

Poppy03

Silver Member
I have reached my goal and lost 1 stone exactly in 4 weeks and 6 days. I am so pleased. I had to step on the scales twice to make sure :D So strange to see that weight for me!

For the first time in 12 years I saw an 8 in front of my weight (which only happened when I was extremely stressed over a breakup!!). 8st 13.8lbs, what a lovely ring to it.

From my heaviest I have lost 3 inches from my bust (back fat mostly), 4.25 inches from my waist, 3 inches from hips and 1.75 inches from my thigh. So 12 inches all told.

My knee joints are thanking me, my ankles are not hurting and there is so much less wobble when I walk. Toning up and consolidating my weight are my next goals.

Happy, happy, happy.

Poppy03, congratulations!!!!:553:
That is incredible news and at your weight an incredible fast result, well done.

I just tried to see if you had a diary because I would love to see it and copy it!! If you don't could you please post an average day food diary for us poor slow losers, please. Well done again, you must be so excited.:)

I have a diary, kept it from the beginning. I have been very lucky with the loosing weight. Totally determined and I have stuck religiously to the rules and not cheated once. I have also avoided the 'tolerated' items and have had only 3 muller light vanilla yoghurts during this time. I decided, for me, that if I was going to do this diet I would do it properly (and therefore not for so long!). So I have continued to cook and bake for the family but haven't licked my fingers of the glorious cake mix, I haven't eaten a vegetable during PP and other than once when I needed to have a PV day out, I have kept to the PP1:pV1 pattern.

I found out after a week or so that dairy was limited so cut back on that a bit and I do not use the wheat allowance to make bread or muffins or things like that or sweeteners. Sounds a bit boring eh!

My life saver was to get some Colemans mint sauce (without sugar) and mix that with yoghurt and some gram masala and use it as a dip for chicken chunks which had been marinated in yoghurt and curry powder and baked in the oven. I also use balasmic vinegar on salad or salmon.

Just had a slice of toast with extra, extra light philly. Took ages to decide what I wanted to eat. Not used to the extra choice lol

Poppy03, I will try again to find your diary. It does just show how everyone is different though because as you I have never cheated, not once! I don't even buy the flavoured yogurts, I just add sweetener to the 0 fat/sugar ones myself. I only eat very plain meats dry frying in a teflon pan etc.. and I have never had even one tolerant.

Perhaps age has something to do with it as well, I am 52.:sigh:

Hope you savoured every bite of your toast.:D

Duhh! Just found it at the top of Diary's. Don't know how I missed it unless I was looking in the wrong section.:eek: Must go out now but look forward to reading when I return.:)

:553::553::553:
Congratulations!!:bliss: and very well done.

Have fun with Conso, enjoy your first Gala and don't overdo it... there is always another time and another and another (this is what I have to tell myself when I want to reach for seconds!)

Perhaps age has something to do with it as well, I am 52.:sigh:

Perhaps, I am 47 shortly and I have an underactive thyroid which is now, thankfully, medicated properly. Who knows what our bodies think sometimes!

Well done!

Did you reach your goal when Dr D said you would? Before? After?

As Anja advises, don't overdo the gala/carb meals as you will probably feel a bit bloated afterwards, but it will settle down quickly enough.

Enjoy!

enjoy your first Gala and don't overdo it... there is always another time and another and another (this is what I have to tell myself when I want to reach for seconds!)

Now that is a very good point! Thank you. I am planning my gala now which should be Sunday. We were going for a picnic, a huge group of us and I was going to bake my favourite cake etc etc. The weather appears to be having a cantankerous moment and thunder storms are predicted so my friends are thinking perhaps a pub instead. I feel cheated and don't want my first gala meal to be in some 2 for the price of 1 pub meal! How grumpy do I sound!!

Did you reach your goal when Dr D said you would? Before? After?

I got to my goal one week and 1 day ahead of his schedule :). I had given myself until tomorrow and was going to do conso then anyway as I felt that I had lost enough and assumed that it wouldn't come off! Happy to be wrong.

1 piece of bread and the carb cravings have started already! That's just plain cruel. I also feel a bit tired, could it be the bread? noooooo.

Congratulations on your achievement! :party0011:

I also chose to go into conso early. I felt happy with the weight I had lost, oddly enough, I have lost an additional pound since I started conso. :)

My first allowed food I chose was the whole wheat bread....mmmmm! :D

Thanks Jennifer. I suppose I do hope that a couple more pounds may come off once on conso. I still have quite a lot of extra fat around my waist/stomach which seems to be the last place it is going from. The last lb I lost I lost .5 inch from my waist, .5 from hips and .25 from thighs. Seems it is the last place to go.

How long have you been on conso and how are you finding it?

Thanks Jennifer. I suppose I do hope that a couple more pounds may come off once on conso. I still have quite a lot of extra fat around my waist/stomach which seems to be the last place it is going from. The last lb I lost I lost .5 inch from my waist, .5 from hips and .25 from thighs. Seems it is the last place to go.

How long have you been on conso and how are you finding it?

Oh my gosh I am loving it! It's been about two weeks since I started. My recommended weight initially was 135 but I really felt good at 140 and was ready to stabilize. My goal was never to be skinny just healthy. (Lots of diabetes in the family which I desperately want to avoid!)

Being on conso takes some of the stress away of constantly figuring out what is 'safe' to eat. Worrying about going to dinner somewhere and wondering what you can eat. Even though we have a lot more options now, I still find I am not eating more.

I was very concerned with putting weight back on but that hasn't been the case. I'm still very careful about what I eat though.

As far as weight hanging around the middle, that is where mine goes too. I actually haven't used a tape measure at all but I definitely knew I was losing because my pants fit better! With your low weight, I cannot imagine you having lots of fat there! ;)

Perhaps not a lot of weight there but I am convinced that the last couple of pounds are sat there. I am hoping that toning up will help but I think having my last baby at 43 probably did my skin no favours (she was 9lbs too!)

Sat on my allotment I started thinking about all the things I could eat! Mmmm when I go to town I could have a subway sandwich with lots of salad, eat only one half of the sub bread and the rest of the stuff. Then I was thinking oh I can't have the olives, or the tuna mayonaisse, or the extra mayonaisse and need to forsake the cookie and crisps. Actually it probably isn't a good place to eat right now! Maybe Boots? Or perhaps that little sandwich shop in town I love? Gave myself a little talking to so I don't get so ahead of myself! *shakes head*.

You must be looking very tall and slim now. Your BMI is great. Mine is mostly for health with a little bit of feeling better about myself. I have an autoimmune underactive thyroid, along with 2 other auto immune conditions and I need to get my health completely restored, balance my meds and get on with my life. I shall start balancing the meds in two weeks time once my body has settled a little bit from the diet. Hopefully I can prevent the diabetes that is prevalent in both maternal and paternal sides of my family. I also want to make sure that I give my 3 year old no body issues growing up. I don't want her to see mummy on another diet, mummy upset about her clothes not fitting or using the word fat. We have used the words 'health diet' as she knows I have been very ill and I take a lot of pills. She told me to step on the scales this morning, asked me if my health was good. I said it was now and she offered to share her peas she was having for breakfast! She was so proud she told her dad when he came in this evening. 'Mummy's all healthy now'.:) too cute.

Back