I did it!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by moolumps, 30 June 2014.

1. moolumps

moolumps Well-Known Member

My trigger for joining SW when I did was a family wedding coming up in July, I really wanted to lose weight so I could wear something nice. There will be lots of beautiful (thin) young ladies there and I didn't want to be the big fat mother of the bridesmaid! My aim was to get down to a size 16, what I was when I got married, I was a 20 when I joined.

The wedding is in 3 weeks. Today I bought a gorgeous dress from Joules and it's a 16, it fits and looks amazing. I'm so happy!!!

I've been following SW for 20 weeks, this week I'm hoping to get my 3.5 stone award, only 1 lb away last week. If I lose 2 lbs that will be 50 lbs lost!!!

I'd like to lose another 3 stone so I'm not done yet. How can you not love slimming world? What a journey!
    Mini likes this.
  2. Gwella

Gwella Well-Known Member

Well done, you're doing incredibly well - only one gain in all that time! You must be really working for it.
    Maybe post a pic of you at the wedding here?

3. S_J_B

S_J_B Well-Known Member

Congratulations & have a great time at the wedding looking fab.
  4. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

Well done!! There is no better feeling :) enjoy the wedding xx
  5. lardylady

lardylady Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Definitely post a pic :D
  6. dirtydancing

dirtydancing Well-Known Member

congratulations. well done on your weight loss journey so far.
  7. moolumps

Thank you everyone, I was so excited to buy that dress I had to 'shout' about it somewhere! Still 3 weigh ins before the wedding, eyes on the prize!!
    Off to look for shoes... xx
  8. John 1

John 1 Member

Congratulations!! Excellent weight loss :)
  9. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Excellent weight loss!

Congratulations and well done:happy096:
  10. sharron10

sharron10 Active Member

Well done- you must feel fantastic!! Really inspiring, can't wait to get that feeling :)
  11. janetelizabeth

janetelizabeth Well-Known Member

Well done you are doing so well!! Have a wonderful time at the wedding and feel GOOD!!:D
  12. BethanyChey

BethanyChey Well-Known Member

Oh wow, that's amazing! Well done!! :D I did similar to fit into my prom dress when I lost weight through SW before. I think buying smaller sizes and feeling great in them is even more important than what the scales say anyway.. Have a great time!
    Beth :)
  13. moolumps

Imagine what a 14 will feel like!!! I don't think I've been a size 14 since I was 14! Can't even imagine any smaller...
  14. GingerJV

GingerJV Well-Known Member

Just amazing! My congratulations! I am sure you will get much smaller very soon) Good luck to you and keep going!
  15. Dolly Rocker

Dolly Rocker Well-Known Member

Wooo hoo well done you!!!!!

16. moolumps

Lost 3 lbs this week so got my 3.5 stone, I've lost 50 lbs for a 'half century' and another lb to boot. Wonder if I can get to 4 stone before the wedding, 2 more weigh ins, 5 lbs to go... it's possible!!

And I had free week because it's 10 weeks since I got my club 10!

I ♥ slimming world!!!
    Last edited: 4 July 2014
  17. BethanyChey

BethanyChey Well-Known Member

That's amazing!! Well done :D 5 lbs in 2 weeks is definitely possible.. Go for it!
  18. S_J_B

S_J_B Well-Known Member

Fab congratulations :D

I agree with Beth you can get the 5lbs off before the wedding - go for it!
  19. sweetierufus

sweetierufus Well-Known Member

Amazing weight loss:thumbup:
  20. Elvisfan4life

Elvisfan4life Well-Known Member

Brilliant well done