1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

I did it!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by moolumps, 30 June 2014 Social URL.

1. moolumps

moolumps Well-Known Member

My trigger for joining SW when I did was a family wedding coming up in July, I really wanted to lose weight so I could wear something nice. There will be lots of beautiful (thin) young ladies there and I didn't want to be the big fat mother of the bridesmaid! My aim was to get down to a size 16, what I was when I got married, I was a 20 when I joined.

The wedding is in 3 weeks. Today I bought a gorgeous dress from Joules and it's a 16, it fits and looks amazing. I'm so happy!!!

I've been following SW for 20 weeks, this week I'm hoping to get my 3.5 stone award, only 1 lb away last week. If I lose 2 lbs that will be 50 lbs lost!!!

I'd like to lose another 3 stone so I'm not done yet. How can you not love slimming world? What a journey!

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Gwella

Gwella Well-Known Member

Well done, you're doing incredibly well - only one gain in all that time! You must be really working for it.
    Maybe post a pic of you at the wedding here?

xx

4. S_J_B

S_J_B Well-Known Member

Congratulations & have a great time at the wedding looking fab.

5. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

Well done!! There is no better feeling :) enjoy the wedding xx

6. lardylady

lardylady Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Definitely post a pic :D

7. dirtydancing

dirtydancing Well-Known Member

congratulations. well done on your weight loss journey so far.

8. moolumps

Thank you everyone, I was so excited to buy that dress I had to 'shout' about it somewhere! Still 3 weigh ins before the wedding, eyes on the prize!!
    Off to look for shoes... xx

9. John 1

John 1 Member

Congratulations!! Excellent weight loss :)

10. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Excellent weight loss!

Congratulations and well done:happy096:

11. sharron10

sharron10 Active Member

Well done- you must feel fantastic!! Really inspiring, can't wait to get that feeling :)

12. janetelizabeth

janetelizabeth Well-Known Member

Well done you are doing so well!! Have a wonderful time at the wedding and feel GOOD!!:D

13. BethanyChey

BethanyChey Well-Known Member

Oh wow, that's amazing! Well done!! :D I did similar to fit into my prom dress when I lost weight through SW before. I think buying smaller sizes and feeling great in them is even more important than what the scales say anyway.. Have a great time!
    Beth :)

14. moolumps

Imagine what a 14 will feel like!!! I don't think I've been a size 14 since I was 14! Can't even imagine any smaller...

15. GingerJV

GingerJV Well-Known Member

Just amazing! My congratulations! I am sure you will get much smaller very soon) Good luck to you and keep going!

16. Dolly Rocker

Dolly Rocker Well-Known Member

Wooo hoo well done you!!!!!

Dxxx

17. moolumps

Lost 3 lbs this week so got my 3.5 stone, I've lost 50 lbs for a 'half century' and another lb to boot. Wonder if I can get to 4 stone before the wedding, 2 more weigh ins, 5 lbs to go... it's possible!!

And I had free week because it's 10 weeks since I got my club 10!

I ♥ slimming world!!!

Last edited: 4 July 2014
  18. BethanyChey

BethanyChey Well-Known Member

That's amazing!! Well done :D 5 lbs in 2 weeks is definitely possible.. Go for it!

19. S_J_B

S_J_B Well-Known Member

Fab congratulations :D

I agree with Beth you can get the 5lbs off before the wedding - go for it!

20. sweetierufus

sweetierufus Well-Known Member

Amazing weight loss:thumbup:

21. Elvisfan4life

Elvisfan4life Well-Known Member

Brilliant well done