I do not want to sound like a goodie two shoes but...

Angellove

Am I the only one shocked by people taking up this plan knowing they are going/planning to cheat for a special meal/occasion etc?

I've had a couple of slip ups but never have I intended to eat. When I signed up for lipotrim I did so intending to follow it to the letter, where ever I may be and whatever I'm doing.

I'm sure a ton of people have eaten and drink this that and the other and still lost weight (some even proud of the fact!) but I believe for this diet to work you have to follow it completely.

It's not just about losing weight fast but breaking bad habits - such as using an occasion to indulge. I've been out loads and I'm not saying it's always easy but I've never eaten and always stuck to water.

I am actually a little disheartened at times by how many posts start with 'I'm going out what is safe to eat'. Am I the only one surrendering everything?! Should I be eating too?!

I don't mean to sound pissy and I understand temptation but blooming hell am I missing something here?!

You're not alone !!! These diets are hard but it's do disheartening seeing people looking for cheats and tweaks from day 1

Thanks starlight! :) I feel a bit better now x

Couldn't agree more.... 12 weeks 100% for me :D I have been to social occasions and still not caved. Proud of myself ;)

Kay that's fab, well done you!! You should be proud!! Xx I'm not perfect and a couple of tuna sandwiches have been my downfall but it's never been worth it or planned. I think starlight said it right it just feels disheartening reading people post about cheating from the outset. Every other post I read feels like it begins 'I'm off out is chicken ok'!!!! Well done you though x that willpower will make sure your results are ling lasting!! Xx

I think we're here to support each other in our highs and lows, not judge each other. Some people do not have the will power and determination to be 100% from the first to the last day, as some people's addiction to food is stronger and more developed than others, and all that means is that they will take a bit longer to reach their goal. It doesn't affect your own personal weight loss journey.

The purpose of this thread seems to be to look down your nose a bit at people who have cheated on occasion, and that's a real shame as I've seen this forum be nothing but completely supportive until now. It makes me a little bit sad to be honest.

Well done for sticking to the plan completely, and that goes for all of you who have done the same, but let's look after each other, be kind and encouraging and not make anyone feel bad for their weak moments. Everybody has the best chance of success that way. ;)

I haven't stuck to the plan I've had a couple of slip ups and I'm very supportive of people who give in to temptation. But you accuse me of looking down my nose at people who plan to eat but how about the support for me who feels disheartened by these kind of posts? I'm not judging anyone skinnylove but planning to cheat posts get me down when I go out for meals and sip at my water I do not find it supportive to read about people eating at planned occasions and then getting away with it!!! Xxx

Getting away with it? What do you mean? What outcome would you prefer for them?

I love you guys to bits, all of you. I'm sorry if I got the wrong idea about the tone of this thread Angel, but it just seemed to be indicating that if people make the decision to take a planned break from the diet for a special occasion that makes them less worthy of being on LT than someone like you who hasn't made any such plans. If that's incorrect then I apologise.

Also skinnylove I am sure my food addiction is just as string as the next persons - I'm talking about the amount of posts about planning to cheat. We are only human, temptation is there. Well anyway sorry you found this thread sad but as you said we are here for the highs and lows and this is my low. I feel like maybe I should be eating when out too instead of trying so hard to be 100%. xx and I've always been supportive of people who post the threads about eating xx :)

Not so much the planned break skinnylove - I suppose if you re feed and do it all above board then that's ok. But a lot of the posts are not about re feeding but just having the meal in the middle of the plan. I never said I was better than anyone for not doing this but I just said it gets me down. Have no idea why this offends you so much it's my opinion x

No problem hun, I know you have been supportive to people, I have seen it myself and I was just a bit surprised when I saw this to be honest! If I got the wrong idea as I said I'm sorry.

If the "I'm planning to eat" threads make things harder for you and make you feel like straying, I understand! Me too! I guess that's what the 100% section is there for (the rules say no mention of food is allowed there) but hey, everyone hangs out mainly in this section so I stick around regardless of the food talk which I agree does not always provide the best motivation! :D

I have never been good at getting my point across without offending someone :) xbut yeah the main forum is there as soon as you open the lipotrim forum on the phone so I can't avoid it. I don't feel any better for not eating though I feel worst like I'm missing out on the little cheats Bd getting away with it ie by not putting on!! But we all choose our own paths but it's a bit like studying really hard for an exam and scraping a C whilst the person next to me didn't revise and partied every night and got A*!!! maybe I'm just jealous!! :) xx

I know what you mean.. but I guess like you said initially we're here to learn a lesson and break bad habits, and those who stick to the plan as closely as possible will probably learn more in their abstinence from food than people who still see food as an option when they feel like it. At the end of the day the better the attitude you have to the plan the better your long-term prospects of staying skinny and the better the chances of your attitude to food changing for the better. No need to be jealous. ;)

If when on this diet people want to take a planned break for whatever the reason then they are entitled to come here and ask for advice on how to limit the damage in my opinion.

I agree people looking for cheats is annoying as there simply are no cheats on this diet but a day off for a special occasion is different. It would be if it was every other week.

I have done this diet for 7 weeks and had 1 day for a family wedding at which I was at the top table. I planned this before I started and didnt want to refeed for a week just for 1 day so I came here and asked for advice on how to limit the damage and also was grateful for the support.

This is a great forum where people should feel happy to ask for support no matter where their lipotrim journey takes them as we all know it has it's highs and lows. Everyone is entitled to seek support and those who don't like their posts or feel disheartened by them simply shouldn't read them.

When I first started LT I was determined to go for it 100% and I did for 3 weeks! But i'm afraid I have fallen into the trap of being naughty after weigh in :break_diet:However..........I am happy with this, as this diet is the only diet iv ever been on where I have a slip up and I can get back on the wagon with no problem. I know I will lose weight slower than all the 100%ers out there but I know I will get there sooner than being on slimming world or weight watchers. What can I say? My will power has always been pants lol. I think all the non 100%ers are probably jealous of YOU linz coz i know i bloody am lol! I really wish I could do it 100% all the way there but I'm happy doing this at the moment and I have only 2 stone to lose now untill my ultimate target. I think im thinking of the diet as a very low calorie diet now instead of a ketosis diet. Don't let it get you down tho linz, if it was me i'd be feeling smug lol, anyway im off to get weighed soon, so speak soon chick, chin up xxxxx

Hi Angel, you shouldnt bother so much with other peoples method of dieting. Granted, this is a meal replacement programme and cheating isnt recommended, but each person is individual and if they choose to eat during the diet thats there own choice. I did briefly toy with the idea of eating once a week after weigh in, and if that could work, brilliant. Ive decided to stick to it 100% instead, but thats my choice. Try not take heed, focus on yourself and you'll continue with ur great weightloss

Back