I doesnt want to leave me

Twix70

Not sure if Im posting in the right place so Im sorry if im am.

Ive been with slimming world (again) for the last 8 weeks and yes over the 8 weeks Ive managed to lose a total of 11lbs which i know is good - my problem is 7 of those pounds were in my first week and since then ive been lucky to have lost 1/2 lb on average - I know its still a loss but when I stay to class and listen to how people have had their mothers day choc's and their friday fish and chip night cheat it gets a little disheartening as I stick to the plan 100%. I was having 12 syns a day until two weeks ago when I thought i'd give up my curly wurly just incase 12 syns was too much for me and 6 would work better - but again only lost 1/2lb (I think I was lucky with that as it was tottering on STS!).

It WI again tonight and I think Im going to be a STS or maybe a small gain - going by my scales - (i know i know i shouldnt WI beforehand)

Has anyone else had this happen? any advice on what you did to change things?

Its not just a diet to me now its going to be a way of life so i know eventually i will get there - it would just be nice if i could get there a little quicker - say 1lb a week.

Wish me luck for tonight - I think I should start a food diary maybe then someone might notice the glaringly obvious mishap I must be doing.

Take care all x x

What plan have you been doing? if you have been doing the same plan all along maybe its time to change it up a bit and maybe it will give you a bit of a boost, also if a lot of your meals are becoming the same week after week change them too just stick to the plan 100%

Are you:
Having a third superfree foods with your meals?
Snacking on superfree first before free food?
Weighing and measuring everything you should, including milk?
Checking all syn values
Having a treat night after WI and not counting it?
Varying your food?

All of these things are things which are done by a fair few people and it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking it's okay.

How much do you have to lose? If you don't have much it will be a little slower.

Have you given a recent food diary to your consultant to check over?

It could be one of the things above, but if not, it could be that you are just a slow loser. Some people just are. You have lost 11lb which is no mean feat. Celebrate the overall average.

Not sure if Im posting in the right place so Im sorry if im am.

Ive been with slimming world (again) for the last 8 weeks and yes over the 8 weeks Ive managed to lose a total of 11lbs which i know is good - my problem is 7 of those pounds were in my first week and since then ive been lucky to have lost 1/2 lb on average - I know its still a loss but when I stay to class and listen to how people have had their mothers day choc's and their friday fish and chip night cheat it gets a little disheartening as I stick to the plan 100%. I was having 12 syns a day until two weeks ago when I thought i'd give up my curly wurly just incase 12 syns was too much for me and 6 would work better - but again only lost 1/2lb (I think I was lucky with that as it was tottering on STS!).

It WI again tonight and I think Im going to be a STS or maybe a small gain - going by my scales - (i know i know i shouldnt WI beforehand)

Has anyone else had this happen? any advice on what you did to change things?

Its not just a diet to me now its going to be a way of life so i know eventually i will get there - it would just be nice if i could get there a little quicker - say 1lb a week.

Wish me luck for tonight - I think I should start a food diary maybe then someone might notice the glaringly obvious mishap I must be doing.

Take care all x x

Is your ticker right ie you only have 54lb to lose? If so then I gotta say I wouldn't be expecting to lose much faster than you are, youre hardly huge :confused:

Post a food diary and people will be able to help better. Other than that all I can say is eat plenty of superfree, plenty of water and use your syns and HEXes.

ermintrude said:
Is your ticker right ie you only have 54lb to lose? If so then I gotta say I wouldn't be expecting to lose much faster than you are, youre hardly huge :confused:

Post a food diary and people will be able to help better. Other than that all I can say is eat plenty of superfree, plenty of water and use your syns and HEXes.

I absolutely love this comment-I have 55lb to lose and after a disappointing shopping trip I still feel like I did 5st ago but this comment made me smile-maybe I'm not as big as I think xxx

Back