I done the impossible.

honeypop

Gold Member
I removed my scales from the house. I was developing an unhealthy relationship with them by weighing every day... For the past 1.5 years.

Here's too being happy with a 1lb loss for the week

Wow I would like to be able to do that but just can't do it. Have been a daily weighed for 20 years is a hard habit to break. Well done you.

You have more willpower/determination than I do lol. Its a habit I cant break unfortunately, I stand on them at least twice a day. I think we all know we shouldnt but the little red devil on ya shoulder keeps saying go on, go on -so I do lol

VERY well done, you have more willpower than me. I weigh every day, and even though I know weight fluctuates I still feel rubbish if I show a gain, and wind up feeling a bit more sod-it for the rest of the day. Weekly is far healthier mentally.

I don't have any scales at home now either, its great. well done you :)

It's still hard not to step on my mums or nanna's scales when I visit them, but then even when I do it makes no difference anyway as I don't know what they're like compared to the slimming world ones anyway lol

I don't have any scales at home now either, its great. well done you :)

It's still hard not to step on my mums or nanna's scales when I visit them, but then even when I do it makes no difference anyway as I don't know what they're like compared to the slimming world ones anyway lol

Ditto lol!

My hubby threw mine out, best thing he could have done, i was obsessed!!! Now i weigh once a week at class, and every few weeks at my mums but as previous poster said - i don't know how out they are to sw ones lol!!!
xxx

It was hard but my young daughter started constantly stepping on them. So I had to stop that. Last thing I want is her to be worried about scales.

Lol I feel strange today not stepping on them x

honeypop said:
It was hard but my young daughter started constantly stepping on them. So I had to stop that. Last thing I want is her to be worried about scales.

Lol I feel strange today not stepping on them x

Exactly why I don't have them. I caught my daughter and her friends getting weighed a couple of years back so got rid of them. She's 14, I have no idea what she weighs and not does she. She's slim and has no food or weight issues. Long may it continue.

Good on you! Its not healthy to weigh yourself everyday. It should be about the bigger picture, that we're eating healthier, living better, exercising more and looking and feeling better for it.

I'm always much happier when I don't weigh myself! It's a bit strange at the moment cos I know I am putting on weight, but it's not me, it's the pregnancy, so I just inore what the scales say! Long may it continue!!

I restarted SW last night & I have put my scales away! I am a serial weigher but I want to be 100% & be happy with my weigh in each week!! Here's to a slimmer future :0) x

Well done, i weigh myself every sat, sun, mon and tue morning to see were i am ready for weigh in on tuesday night. I dont see anything wrong with it so long as it doesnt get to obsessive. If i think im not doing to well i train like mad and if im doing well i still train like mad haha. When i get to target i will just weigh myself a couple of times a week.

CraigA said:
Well done, i weigh myself every sat, sun, mon and tue morning to see were i am ready for weigh in on tuesday night. I dont see anything wrong with it so long as it doesnt get to obsessive. If i think im not doing to well i train like mad and if im doing well i still train like mad haha. When i get to target i will just weigh myself a couple of times a week.

I think that's the issue many people have though, they do become obsessive about it and this is when it is dangerous.

Previously I have been only concerned with being a certain number on the scales, regardless of what I actually looked and felt like at that weight and whether or not I could maintain it. I would do all manner of unhealthy diets in an attempt to reach that number on the scales. I honestly thought once I got to that number I would be happy and my life would be complete blah blah blah.

Now I am gradually getting to a place where I'm happier without having a daily battle with the scales. I am eating well, I feel well for eating well and I am confident that during pregnancy and after my body will gradually in its own time get to a size it is happy with by eating and living this healthy way.

There are people whose whole lives are dictated by what the scales say. If they're up its a rubbish day so they feel miserble and eat rubbish. It they're down its a good day and they're happy. It's not a nice way to live.

I have to admit seeing my 4 year old son start to get on the scales everytime he goes to the toilet has stopped me doing the same when I'm at my mums or nanna's. He has no idea what he's doing and actually always wants it to say more then what it does, he doesn't understand why he's 4 but he weighs 3, but I don't want him to figure out why I'm doing it and start on the same.

I was getting too obsessive. That's y i had to
Do it.
Because I done a vlcd I was use to seeing the scales drop every day but I was making myself sick. When I came off the vlcd I was still replacing meals with scales and got upset when the scales didn't move.

This past week is the first time I've had proper food for breakfast lunch and dinner so I want to give it a proper go and break the cycle of obsessive weighing. Because I know if the scales don't drop every day I will resort to shakes again :(

Plus I don't want my daughter picking up my habits. Because she's already going to scales every morning and she's only 2.

I hope that by Christmas I will have broke the cycle and be happy with 1lb a week loss and bring the scales back into my home but not rely on them every day

jezzi999 said:
To those choosing to set a great example to their daughters by binning the scales I salute you :)

Having been anorexic in my teens I have to genuinely say you are doing a wonderful thing for your kids by not passing on the obsession.

I weigh myself once a week, same scales, same spot, nude. if I wasn't doing the plan from home I wouldn't have any scales in the house at all.

Be brave (I know it's really hard) and break the cycle x

Thank u. That's my main concern, passing on my body image worries to her x

jezzi999 said:
To those choosing to set a great example to their daughters by binning the scales I salute you :)

Having been anorexic in my teens I have to genuinely say you are doing a wonderful thing for your kids by not passing on the obsession.

I weigh myself once a week, same scales, same spot, nude. if I wasn't doing the plan from home I wouldn't have any scales in the house at all.

Be brave (I know it's really hard) and break the cycle x

What a wonderful post. Xxx

Back