I don't believe this....

How bizarre, you've got to wonder about some people!

I for example would have taken your washing line complete with smalls ;) lol

Emma xXx

maybe it's my medication but I've just laughed so hard I almost wet myself. What a bizarre thing to do.

Who takes a fence?!!!???

Sorry, not very sympathetic of me. Especially after the last couple of weeks you've had. Just shows that some people really do make a big deal about some of the most petty things in life. Was it a special fence? It's a real pain tho as they're not cheap to replace either.

Pooh! xx

OMG thats so rude, people are really weird.

When my grandad moved into his new house two years ago, who is 91 by the way, he found that all the internal doors, light fittings and even the taps from the upstairs bathroom had been removed.

Makes me so cross, but a neighbours fence that is such a cheek and i have never heard of it. Try to get in touch with their solicitors and get them to replace it, it worked for my grandad.

Good luck Lisa xx

I will laugh one day, but I am not now.

Our neighbourhood is rife with little scumy violent kids. There is an alley behind us that they use. ANd I am home alone most nights as OH works shifts - I value my security greatly

OH is leaving Wednsday for 2 weeks to the states, so I am going to be here alone with an open yard the whole time.

It just really irks me.

One day I will laugh, but not now.

But I don;t mind if you all do. REally, I can understand. Its just so bizarre, but I am well pissed off.

What the hell, people do the funniest things. Maybe he has one of those fetishes with inaminate objects "Objectum-sexuals".

Don't understand either

Was there a dispute? Did he think it was his fence?
You are not having a good time at the moment I know.
So sorry.xxxx

Oh no, I live in a nice area and hate being on my own in the house while hubbys away so I can understand how you must feel.
The area we moved from was ok while we were there but when we moved out and our house was empty (while it was on the market) the local kids would regularly break the windows etc. I just don't see why people/kids do things like that, wheres the fun in it?

Emma xXx

Didn't mean to offend you BL! Just was such a random comment, and the way you wrote it was so bizzarre.

I completely sympathise - sometimes a fence is all you have to protect you. It acts like a mental barrier for most people - hoodlums will be more reluctant to cross it (every little helps!). My summerhouse in Russia really does rely on the fence - if it gets broken, there's no saying what will happen.

A trip down to Homebase tomorrow perhaps? :) At least you could get a lovely fence and you could paint it a pretty colour. ... Why did I just get excited about the prospect of painting a brand new fence??! :confused::confused::confused:

horrible they've left you so exposed (so to speak). You should feel safe in your own home so not nice you've got an added worry while your OH is away. Can you put something temporary up until it's sorted? Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon and feel secure again.
As you say, you'll smile about it one day. Just not now. I think it's the way you wrote it that made me laugh.
Take care hun xx

Was there a dispute? Did he think it was his fence?
You are not having a good time at the moment I know.
So sorry.xxxx

Its a long story - yes, he thinks its his fence. ANd technically it was.

Here is a brief lineup of events....

He rented the shop next door a couple years ago.

We had a fence. Clearly on our property, actually within the boundary of our property so there was no questions whose fence it was, at all.

Granted, it was an old fence. ANd was going to need replacing when we built the garage, which all occured last summer.

However, we came home one day to see that he had smashed the fence down, ripped it apart, without ever discussing it with us. Again, he trespassed to do this.

OH was furiois, and they had words.

His landlord contacted us with an exhorbitant quote - 800 pounds. OH told him to get stuffed, we would rebuild the fence on our own as we were planning the whole yard/garage project anyway.

Landlord said fine.

We went on holiday shortly after.

We came home, tenant slapped up a panel fence while we were away. Shoddy job. Cheap materials. We built our garage which took up a good length of the yard so said sod it and left it. ANd we then completed the rest of the fence along the back of the garden/alley and between the other neighbours. We left the panel one alone.

So techinally, yes he paid for it, and yes he put it up. BUt he trespassed in order to do it. ANd only after he destroyed our original fence without our permission and replaced it with an inferior quality one.

He was so spiteful, he has sawn the posts which are cemented in in half, so we can not even use the posts.

It was just a vindictive act.

OH wants to get the boys in the club to pay him a visit as rumour has it he is now staying in his parents pub....where there is not even a need for a fence.

It was just mean-spirited.

Fed up with some of the poeple around here - I truly am.

horrible they've left you so exposed (so to speak). You should feel safe in your own home so not nice you've got an added worry while your OH is away. Can you put something temporary up until it's sorted? Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon and feel secure again.
As you say, you'll smile about it one day. Just not now. I think it's the way you wrote it that made me laugh.
Take care hun xx

lol - don't worry about laughing, I can understand why one would laugh. Its just such a bizarre thing to do! :)

thanks hon.

x

Our neighbour moved......and he stole our fence! :eek: WTF is that all about???? Who takes someones fence????

I am well angrified! :mad:

Too right BL!!!! I would be too. :mad:. How mad is that????:eek::eek::eek:

Didn't mean to offend you BL! Just was such a random comment, and the way you wrote it was so bizzarre.

I completely sympathise - sometimes a fence is all you have to protect you. It acts like a mental barrier for most people - hoodlums will be more reluctant to cross it (every little helps!). My summerhouse in Russia really does rely on the fence - if it gets broken, there's no saying what will happen.

A trip down to Homebase tomorrow perhaps? :) At least you could get a lovely fence and you could paint it a pretty colour. ... Why did I just get excited about the prospect of painting a brand new fence??! :confused::confused::confused:

lol hon, you have not offended me. :)

Unfortunately, OH is working from now until he leaves, and I will barely see him - my back is out, and we just transferred a huge chunk of money to the states for him to do work on our property there, so nothing can happen here now until he gets back.

I'll be alright - but yes, its the feeling of security. We lived exposed for years, and the last 9 or 10 months with a fully secured yard has given me oodles of peace of mind.

Oh well. This too shall pass.

Weirdos. ALl of them I tell you!! :D

xx

I will laugh one day, but I am not now.

Our neighbourhood is rife with little scumy violent kids. There is an alley behind us that they use. ANd I am home alone most nights as OH works shifts - I value my security greatly

OH is leaving Wednsday for 2 weeks to the states, so I am going to be here alone with an open yard the whole time.

It just really irks me.

One day I will laugh, but not now.

But I don;t mind if you all do. REally, I can understand. Its just so bizarre, but I am well pissed off.

Anything you can get temporarily to put up some kind of barrier and not feel so exposed :confused:

You might think of something in the morning but for now it's totally ok to be well pissed off about this :mad::mad::mad:

Anything you can get temporarily to put up some kind of barrier and not feel so exposed :confused:

You might think of something in the morning but for now it's totally ok to be well pissed off about this :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks lovey <hugs> :)

THere is a pallet load of bricks in the way so its easy to climb over but not easy to put anything up. PErhaps I will fill all the holes in the bricks with spikes! :D

It'll be alright for short term. Just so bloody annoying!!!

sounds like he just wants a dispute for the sake of it. Why is it some people make such a big deal over something that can quite easily be resolved by communicating with other people?
Sounds like you're best rid of him as a neighbour. Hope you get some nicer people in next. And hope you can get the fence issue resolved soon (go on, go and steal it back, you know you want to!)

I've just managed to lift my jaw off the desk!! OH laughed then said, you're kidding how pathetic! Sue 'em!

I totally know how you feel about the security thing and my heart goes out to you, it's one of my little foibles! I have an electric fance if you want to borrow it.

Back