I don't have enough willpower :(

I just don't seem to have the willpower to diet seriously :( I live on 1,200 calories a day for a few weeks and then find I have only lost a pound or so, and get upset & order a greasy takeaway or something like that, putting me back to square 1. I am starting to feel like it is all a waste of time, but I so desperately want to be slim, to be healthy really, and it seems unachievable. I have completely fallen off the wagon this last week or so, and therefore I'm starting again from tomorrow :eek:.

I weigh 183lbs :sigh:

Hi EnglishHeart :)

I'm sorry you're feeling down at the moment but also positive about getting back on that wagon tommorow:)

Are you following any particular programme at the moment or have you devised your own plan for 1,200 cals per day.

Please post and ask for support from our members and have a browse around the site at all the different weightloss programmes/ideas there are.

Keep us updated tommorow,

Best Wishes,

Lacey xx :)

I did calorie counting once and I hated it. Maybe you should try a different eating plan? I like slimming world as you don't have to weigh things and you can eat lots (of healthy stuff) when you're hungry. I hate feeling deprived. Good luck, you can do it.

I just don't seem to have the willpower to diet seriously :( I live on 1,200 calories a day for a few weeks and then find I have only lost a pound or so, and get upset & order a greasy takeaway or something like that, putting me back to square 1. I am starting to feel like it is all a waste of time, but I so desperately want to be slim, to be healthy really, and it seems unachievable. I have completely fallen off the wagon this last week or so, and therefore I'm starting again from tomorrow :eek:.

I weigh 183lbs :sigh:

Hun, You Just Have To Set Small Goals.. And Try.. And 183 lbs.. I Started Off Weighing 213.4lbs :eek:

Im Not Bout 197lbs.. So I Still Have Ages To Go. Im On My First Month and Have Lost 13 lbs..

Its Hard Starting Off But Once You Get Going. You Feel Great :D

I wonder if you should give calorie balancing a go. Switch your cals about a bit so you have maybe 1100, 1200, 1000,1200, 1100 then at the weekend have a 1400 and 1400. That way same cals for the week but keep your body guessing a bit and have some extra at the weekend for a treat or two. In fact 1200 is quite low, especially if you are quite lively, so going too low maybe holding up your progress too.

Got no suggestions really but wanted to say, stick with it and you will get the results you want break it into smaller goals, i.e. 1 good day, then you'll get back in the zone before you know it. Good luck. x

Hon, we've all been there, and some of us are still there! I've been losing and gaining the same 2-3 stone for years! I realised that it wasn't the diets that were the problem, it was my relationship with food. Like you I was able to be as good as gold for weeks, and would then go and sabatage it all with takeaways and general crap. I'd then feel bad for letting myself down, so would either eat more rubbish, or go good again, until the next cycle!

I read Marisa Peers book and while it isn't for everyone, for me it's been fantastic as it's removed those cravings. I've even had a big bar of chocolate in my fridge for a week which never would have happened before - I just didn't buy anything tempting or I'd eat the whole lot. :mad:

I'm rereading the book to make sure it's locked in, but in the last few weeks I've enjoyed eating salads and fruit, but have also been out a couple of times and let myself enjoy that too. As a result I've lost 12lbs (weigh in on Monday - hope to lose more!!) without really thinking about it. I started at 200lbs and am now 188. I am amazed as I've never felt like this before!

Whatever you try, whether it's WW, SW or whatever, you can do it. We're all here if you get stuck. :D

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

L xx

Thankyou everyone :) small goals it is...I figure that a pound off is better than a pound on, so I'm going to stick at it this time! I might have to over-use the "Food Dump" thread while I'm at it though :p

I hope to be down to 172lbs by mid-September, I think that's a reasonable enough target :eek:

Hiya hun, I got the book at amazon - here's a link: Amazon.co.uk: marisa peer: Books

I got the top one - £5.89 which will postage was about £8-9, and IMHO definitely money well spent.

Good luck with whatever you do!

:D

L xx

Hello again,

I have been doing some exercising (5-minute run twice a day, jacknives, yoga and muscle work-outs) and I've lost 2lbs in 5 days

:D baby steps, etc

yay keep on going with the excersise! I know its so fustrating when you dont loose any weight. I stopped going to the gym for a while because it was hot weather :p and i found myself not loosing anything even with a diet so now im going back to the gym, and i know now not to give up.

That's brilliant! Good for you hun!

:bliss::bliss::bliss:

L xx

Back