1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

I dont know what i am doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sw2014, 23 January 2014 Social URL.

1. sw2014

sw2014 New Member

Hi, i joined SW over 2 wks ago now. I lost 2.5lbs in week one and only 0.5lbs in week 2. I am sticking to the diet. My HA is Milk and HB is fruit and fibre cereal or wholemeal toast(only 1slice).
    I am eating loads of fruit and veg and i am only ever use a max of 6-8 syns a day.
    Even my consultant is baffled by it. She said my food diary is perfect and i also walk alot.
    Can any one throw any light on this for me? Or has anyone experienced this before?
    Thank you :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. coughdrops

coughdrops Well-Known Member

Have you much weight to lose? If you've a few stone to lose they are quite small losses, but if you only want to lose a stone or so they aren't bad numbers.

4. Janey2014

Janey2014 Well-Known Member

It's still 3lbs in two weeks so I wouldn't be too disappointed, some of us are slower losers than others.

5. Gwella

Gwella Well-Known Member

Agree it would be really helpful to know your stats. If you have a lot to lose, you might actually not be eating enough! If not much to lose, 3lb in two weeks is very good.
    I lose 3lb in my first fortnight too and it has continued at about that rate which really does add up quickly.
    Also 2.5lb in the first week is a good loss; it could be just a blip in week two, such as water retention (hormonal if you're a lady or to do with exercise, salt consumption etc).

6. Happy Hippo

Happy Hippo A 'potamus on a budget

You've done all the right things. Keep it up and the losses will show. I wonder if you're eating or drinking a lot on weigh-in day? If so then food weight may be masking fat loss. Don't fret too much!

7. Barbie Girl

Barbie Girl Well-Known Member

3lbs is really good!! I have found that the weeks I eat pasta and potatoes almost daily gives me a small loss but if I limit my pasta and spud intake I lose more. Hope that helps :)

8. Browsie

Browsie Well-Known Member

You have lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks that is fab! Don't be disheartened by 0.5lb loss, have a look and the pictures of 1lb of fat and imagine half of that stuck to your leg! It's always best to look at your weight loss over time, hormones play a big part in weight fluctuations. Think how you would feel if you'd Put half on! x