I dont know what to do!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Why why why cant i lose weight on this diet! what am i doing wrong?!?! if i dont lose weight this week then im off. Im paying out so much money (money i dont have) on ingredients to make these meals and to have things in i wouldn't normaly have like yogurts, porridge, cereal bars etc etc. Iv tried so many diets and i really thought this one would work....god knows what i'll do now!

are you definately having loads of free food, healthy extras, and some syns every day? it's important you make sure you get an intake of all elements of the plan.

Also are you doing any activity?

And do you check every recipe?

I apologise if these questions are patronising, but they are common stumbling blocks for people following the plan but finding themselves struggling.

Other than that, if you're going to classes and you don't lose weight after four weeks you can get your money back and decide whether or not you want to carry on (at least that's what our group are doing, not sure if that's a nationwide strategy).

I hope that you have more joy over the next few days. There should be plenty of support here for you, definately wait until you've had a few more supportive responses and then think carefully about the way forward for you. It would be such a shame if you stopped doing the plan when it was just your body taking time to shed the weight, rather than it not working at all.

Good luck, and stay strong x

I cant understand why u are not losing if u are following the plan 100%. Have you tried logging a online diary of the exact food and drink you put in your mouth? I once thought i had a great week then when i broke down each day i realised a few extra cups of tea, plus the odd sweet here and there. After anaylising the probs the following week i did double my normal weight loss. Hope this helps and know its hard to continue when you think something isnt working but you will see the results soon i am sure x

I suppose i could have more free food but all in all i thought i was doing ok. I do exercise too 2/3 times a week and all the recipes i make are out of my slimming world cook books (iv spent loads on all these books!) Today iv had.........weetabix and banana, weetabix cereal bar, 2 fat free shape yogurts, fridge raiders, banana, then for dinner cod, parsley sauce, mash, and loads of roasted veg. I aso have a packet of french fries as my syn treat.

The thing that is popping out at me is Milk. Do you drink lots of tea or coffee during the day and allowing sins for the amount you are drinking. Its very easy to notch up a pint of milk in tea and coffees during the day and that can easily put you over on sins.

Nope i dont drink that much. Today iv had none and yesterday i had 1 cup of coffee.

are you following red, green, ee or all three.
maybe mixing it up a bit will kick start your losses or following the diet sheet you did the first week.

i do red or green days. I did my first ee day yesterday and i just felt ike id stuffed my face!

Sorry to hear that you're struggling.

You don't have your stats in your profile so apologies for asking this but is your target weight realistic for your height and how much to do still want to lose?

Are you on any medications or have any medical conditions that might make losing weight more dfficult?

What does your consultant have to say?

i say keep with it but i know that easier said that done when you not seeing the results. i am sure you consultant must have some ideas, i not sure if they still do it but they used to give you a fast track plan to get the weight going if people are struggling but the only times i gain i deserved too so i dont have the details. maybe someone else on here will?

Apart from being overweight im fit and healthy, no medication or anything ike that.

Im 5'6" and i want to get to 12stone. Apparently 10st is my ideal weight so i thought 12stone was realistic. Iv done food diaries and my consultant always said that they were fine. Think i might have a chat with her at my next weigh in.

Don't give up! Look on the positive side you have lost 1/2 a stone. :)

It looks as if you are eating lots of free foods, but not many superfree. Try eating apples, pears and oranges as your fruits during the day instead of bananas. Perhaps you could add some green veggies too, root veggies are great but when they are roasted they release more sugars.

Which plan are you following?
If you are following the EE plan remember you can only have one A and one B choice each day.

Hope I've been some help.

Let's have a look and see what we can do to help you! If you're really doing it properly, you should be losing, so I can understand why you're frustrated.

I suppose i could have more free food but all in all i thought i was doing ok. I do exercise too 2/3 times a week and all the recipes i make are out of my slimming world cook books (iv spent loads on all these books!)
Exercise is great! It's that body magic that will help you tone up and lose weight and inches.
I also want to say, there's no need to spend a fortune on the books - all the recipe ideas you could ever need are on the SW site and here.

Today iv had.........weetabix and banana, weetabix cereal bar, 2 fat free shape yogurts, fridge raiders, banana, then for dinner cod, parsley sauce, mash, and loads of roasted veg. I aso have a packet of french fries as my syn treat.
Right. Weetabix. That's a B choice. Was that your breakfast?
Weetabix cereal bar, what's that? Syns? How many? Banana is fine. Fridge raiders. How many syns? They're not necessarily free. Was that your lunch? Nothing else?
Another banana? Some people have to be careful with multiple 'nanas! Try different fruit as snacks.
Dinner sounds good but that parsley sauce - syns? What veg did you have in your roast veggies? French fries are fine. Where's your A choice?

Sorry, I know you weren't writing a proper diary, just giving us an idea of what you've eaten, but I just want to give you some pointers and help you get to grips and start having some success!

Try more fruit. Have proper breakfasts and lunches as well as dinners. Try superfree snacks. Drink plenty of water/sugar free cordial too. Make sure you keep count of everything you pop in your mouth, preferably before you eat/drink it!

Do you keep a food diary here? Or keeping your SW food diary on paper?

Please stick with it...we can sort it out and point you in the right direction, but you need to do the work ;) You're already doing something right as you've lost half a stone! So keep at it.

I know it's only a wee thing but Fridge Raiders aren't free. And I would say by the looks of it for lunch isn't big enough - you should be having something much more substantial than fridge raiders and a couple of yogurts!!

I knew the fridge raiders weren't free, normally i have a mugshot or salad for lunch. I just did a food diary and iv had 9.5 syns today.
Helliecopter: the veg i had were asparagus, courgettes, carrots and leeks. The cereal bar is a hexb and my hexa was milk but i haven't used it all.

red day today because of the fish.

I noticed you had mash with your fish, that's why I was asking. Mash is not free on a red day, did you include it in your syns?

If you could post your whole food diary we can give it a good going over for you. It's often little things that we do wrong without realizing that can add syns. For example, one lady at my class was eating a couple of muller rice a day,instead of mullerlight, because she thought it was free food and couldn't work out why she hadn't lost any weight.

food-diary-red.gif
22nd January 2010 Free Foods asparagus leeks bananas low calorie fizzy drinks carrots Shape Fat Free Feel Fuller for Longer Yogurt, all varieties cod, plain or smoked Shape Fat Free Feel Fuller for Longer Yogurt, all varieties courgettes

Healthy Extras a 350ml skimmed milk b 1 Weetabix Oaty Bar (any variety) b 2 Weetabix/Weetabix Gold
Syns French Fries, all varieties 4 Syns Parsley Sauce Mix, dried 3 Syns Fridge Raiders, Chicken Bites, Tikka, chilled 1½ Syn Vegetables, Potatoes, new, in skins, raw/boiled 1 Syn

Total: 9½ Syns

New potatoes are 1 syn for an ounce (28g) on the red plan, that's about half a small one. Do you know how many you ate?
Did you not have the mash after all?

Back