I don't think I can do this anymore ....

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

I am gonna do it again, I am gonna get to my goal!!!

thank you all

Best of luck on monday Nat you can do it :)

I just wanted to let you know that because of people like you Nat, and all the other people on this forum, I have been to see a cc today and start prep week tomorrow, sole source due to start next Saturday- I have been inspired and motivated like never before. I never want to weigh the amount I weigh now ever again. You don't want to be sitting there in a months time thinking 'if only'...and I want to be right there with you saying 'look at us go!'. Don't give up,just a bit more time and you'll be so glad you didn't give in. Come on, you need to be MY inspiration and thats a big BIG job as I have a massive amount to lose! We can do it!

good luck mpp!! piece of advice i was given and didn't follow, and really wish i had, watch the carbs on the days leading up to it to cut back on withdrawal and cravings in the first few days. they are hard but they are more than worth it. i sneaked on the scales this morning and i'm not going to jinx myself by saying how much lower they were, but lets just say it's the fastest 3-day weightloss i've ever seen!!
it's what's keeping me going through today which is my worse day yet, and i'm still not going to cheat. not through last night's pizza debacle with OH, he thought he would finish it before i got home. i had to run away, ha. and even through making him promise he wouldn't eat chicken korma tonight (can you tell he doesn't want to cook for one, hee) but whatever is going on downstairs smells amaaaazing, ha.

it WILL be worth it :D you'll do just fine. can't wait to hear how you find it. keep us updated.

abz xx

thanks Abz! how has your first 4 days been?? I am away next week for 4 days on a business trip, but i know the hotel where I staying so i know I can cut out the carbs whilst i am there. I had my last carb tonight, and i think i will follow your advice and cut them out now, as a few posts have said that they didnt do the prep week properly and thats why they think they found the first week so hard. I must admit I was filled with giggles (hysteria???!) when i saw the starter box-I thought, is THAT a whole weeks food - get used to it girl!! i do feel excited and scared at the same time. every other part of my life is sorted and generally i am happy, so the thought that maybe this is the turning point for me for my weight is an exciting one. My daughter has promised to be supportive and not bring too many goodies into the house - but i guess i need to learn to say no, whatever is on offer. I am very glad I dont have an OH to tempt me with cooking smells!!
how have you found the drinking thing? I normally struggle with drinking a litre a day but i know that the min 2 litres is going to be so important that i WILL do it - but i think that might be the hardest part!!

i haven't found it too hard until today. and like i said, that wasn't because i was hungry. i honestly think i have been addicted to the act of eating. i have been a total jitterbug. my OH is being really supportive. he was rather unfortunate in his timing last night as he cooked himself a mini deep pan pizza thinking he would have finished it by the time i got home...and then had to cook the other one. i had to run away up here, ha. couldn't hack it. once you get into the habit of drinking lots it is easy. i don't feel right if i haven't drank four litres of water a day now, but then i've been doing that for a while, and i used to drink hardly anything!!

i didn't do the prep week, but then i'd just come off a detox. it was the fish and chips blowout meal that did it for me i think, ha. just be good to you. if you want to sleep, sleep, if you have no energy, don't move much. just listen to it. and if you ever get hungry. drink loads of water. just sit and sip it. i've found a litre bottle is best. it just seems to vanish whereas the 75cl ones seem to take forever to go. i don't know why, ha.

good luck hon. remember, however pants you feel over the next couple of days will be returned 100 fold when you stick to it and get to where you want to be :)

abz xx

thanks Abz - its so good to feel i can talk and someone listens, sometimes in real life (ha ha) i feel that people think all i think about is my weight and food and 'look shes doing another diet' so its good to be taken seriously! i'm off to get a glass a water :) !

I think the biggest will power efforts for me were in the first week I avoided being around food as much as possible the first couple of weeks, after that it didnt really even bother me. I even went to the cinema and my sister was stuffing her face with nachos and I wasnt too pushed, I did bring a tetra with me, and had it when she was finished :)

i think thats a good idea - I have chosen this coming week as prep week as i am away, then I know i will be home with no 'food' social events for a few weeks so ideal for getting into the swing of ss....and with summer coming (I hope!! its been sunny and hot today but started raining heavily about 10 mins ago!!) I hope drinking lots of water and cold shakes will be easier in the sun!

one other question (for now!) how do I mark (or cant i?) the threads I like so I can easily get back to ones I've been reading? sorry if thats a dopey question - i am new to all this lark! Thanks..

i didn't time things too well. hen night and wedding in a couple of weeks that i am going to come off for, not sure how exactly yet, need to talk to cdc. they are a week apart so do i just low carb for the week in between or do i go back on, come back off and go back on again? i don't know!!

abz xx

Back