I don't understand what's going on.

Forever*Autumn

Afternoon guys,

I'm feeling a bit confused and deflated today. I'm due my second weighing on Thursday and had a sneak peak on Sunday and was 17st8lbs. 6lbs down since the first weigh in(4lbs!)the week before. I was ecstatic until I stood on the scale this morning and I'm up 5lbs:eek:. I've stuck to ss+ religiously and have drunk and average of four litres a week. What on earth is going on! Feeling really fed up at the moment. Xx

Hi there

Please remember your CDC scales will not be the same as yours. Our weight fluctuates on a daily basis through the day and as quick as those pounds seem to have gone on, they will disappear again. Did you read this:

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/61295-measuring-success-scales.html

Try not to be downhearted. It may also show a week or so later, our bodies do funny things especially on plans like this one. Just keep with it and please, read the link above.

xxxx

Im.the same...I refuse to weigh myself now at all at home...the gain can be due to anything..one day our body tends to hold all the water and the next day its all gone..so dont worry...at least u know u couldnt have dun any better at all...be proud hun that u stuck to it xxx

Hello there.

This would be so disheartening. Try to shift your thoughts from it as often as you can today, otherwise the feeling may build.
Perhaps your scales are not on a stable floor or there is something that is causing them to mis-perform (word?).
Are you weighing yourself first thing in the morning every day, before you have anything to drink? You know that one litre of water weighs one kg, so if you weigh yourself at the end of the day, you will see 'gains' on the scales if you weighed at a different time on a previous day.
Have you noticed a tiny difference in how any of your clothes are fitting yet? I did in my second week. A small difference, but still noticeable to me. That matters. That's real.

I would advise you get weighed on your CDC's scales just to get a better picture of how your scales compare. Be sure to weigh yourself immediately before or after on your own scales. Also, if you don't already, when you weigh on yours before/after weighing on theirs, try getting on and off yours a couple of times to see if there is any fluctuation in what your scales are telling you (which would happen if your scales are not on a stable surface).

Stick to exactly what you are doing until you are weighed by your CDC. You are doing everything right. You'll be fine. xx

also, there are times when it is my totm that I have had small gains... it means that sometime in the following two weeks I have a big loss.

How you feeling/doing today Forever*Autumn?
xxxxxxxxx

Hi, thanks for asking.

i have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow and my weight hasn't moved. Between my first weigh and Sunday I dropped five pounds and put them back on within days, even though I was 100%.

I'm drinking plenty, have poo'd and peed all week, so I don't know what's happening. I've been taking movicol daily to keep me regular, but that wouldn't cause water retention amounting to five pounds. Feeling really low to be honest. Xx

good luck with your weigh in today. I hope everything goes better for you from here on it. xx

Back