I don't want to be thin!!

I think we as a group, have our heads screwed on more, because we have been big and appreciate normal sizes more than these real wafer thin models and celebs.

I think you are spot on Lisa. What worries me about young girls (and boys) is that they see pictures of models, film stars etc and think that is normal.

While I have nothing against women such as Victoria Beckham and Katie Price (names picked at random not to judge them specifically) I do worry that girls will think that they are "normal" and the remaining 99% of us are not.

What VB & KP have achieved is phenomenal, they are successful business women in their own right, they have (seemingly) happy marriages and they adore their children so hats off to them for that.

BUT... it isn't natural to have breasts like Jordan (they've earnt her a fantastic living, but they aren't real), it isn't natural to have the hip measurement of a ten year old girl at the age of 30. I may be way off the mark here, and VB and KP may be naturally tiny petite women. I suspect not when I see photos of them very early on in their careers.

VB & KP, and others like them are scarily thin, and in some ways their relationship with food is as off balance as those of us who have the opposite problem.

Apologies if this sounds like an attack - it isn't, and apologies for waffling.

xxx

Thankyou littlemissspendthrift I understand your dilemma completly my dad is also obease and every day I harp on at him about what he eats and how he eats and try to warn him that I don't want what happened to my mom to happen to him and while most of the time he just laughs at me I hope that someday soon my words will kick in. Sadly at the end of the day we cannot force anyone to change we can only change ourselves so well done to you for losing weight in order to live a healthier life. And to Lisa I totally agree with your comment that because we are or have been bigger we appreciate what a real normal size is. I don't find the bodies Victoria Beckham or Lindsey Lohan attractive at all. I am a fan of the new 90210 but find the skeletal frames of the female cast quite shocking. Actress's bodies whom I think are beautiful are Kate Winslets and Sophia Loren and Monica Bellucci (Persephone from the matrix). To me their bodies look sexy healthy soft and glowing like proper adult women should do not the bodies of VB and Linds Lohan who's tiny angular frames look like they belong to a child. xxxx

Liv Tyler is a size 14/16 and she's beautiful! I wish I looked like her!:rolleyes:

Emmie86, sorry about your mum, very sad, i'm not sure what you can do about your dad, is he not remotely interested in your weight loss, would he perhaps give cd a go?? I agree about 90210 actresses, what do they eat to maintain their weight at 6 stone?? Nothing much i'm guessing!

I'm with most of you on just being happy at a size whether it be 12 or 14, i'm not sure yet. I'm a bit worried about going too thin & saggy especially after 4 pg's so i'd rather be a firmer 12/14 than a 10/12, which for my frame would be very hard to maintain anyway. I'm hoping my original size 12/14 is attainable for me again. Will probably need a tt but never mind!
Simone x

Thanks moanz I'm sure he will do it eventually he's going quit smoking first so I have promised to go to the meetings with him but have warned him I won't be quiting till I reached my goal weight had have mantained it for a few months as having the willpower to lose the weight proves to me that quiting smoking can be done. Dad did CD when it first came out in the 80's and managed to lose 2st but it wasn't a diet for him hink he's more of a WW man but then again he has far moe patience then I do. And Lady Hemlock I forgot about Liv Tyler I love her body shape to and her little sister Mia Tyler who actually works as a plus size model xxxx

I have splashed out and bought a size 12 dress from ebay (£1.04) as a goal to get into by this summer.
When it arrived I realised what a ridiculous goal it was, I am what I call a curvy 14/16 and I would have to loose about two stone to get anywhere near the dress.

A I get older my shape has obviously changed a lot so I am going to content myself with getting to a healthy rather than overweight BMI with perhaps a couple of pound for luck.

I would love a figure like callie from greys anatomy or liv Tyler or monica bellucci. All beautiful and womanly

Back