I feel a bit of a failure really....

loulouless

Is a loser :)
Hi all,

There really has been some fantastic losses today and reading some of the posts has got me feeling a bit down.

I seem to be off and on this diet, ok the last couple of weeks have been ok up to this weekend where I was away on a dinner bed and breakfast break..:( not good.

I just wish I could do this without the excuses of eating when ever I have something social to do. i am sure that by now had i stuck to it fully i'd be a couple more stone lighter a least and I know losing 50lb is great I just feel a bit of a failure tonight - I think maybe feeling a little guilty about the weekend, the postive side is that i did some swimming whilst away first major exercise in ages and ages and i've have had a great day today and back on the wagon hopefully by Friday weigh in the damage will be off and some more...heres keeping fingers crossed.

I'm sure if it wasn't for LT that i'd still be at my start weight but seems like i'm just prolonging being on the diet, just cause i'm having blips doesn't mean I can't succeed on the diet - just going to take longer to get to goal i guess.:sigh:

Well going to be positive and aim to stick on this until my holiday in August, still got my mini target to get to.

Hi all,

There really has been some fantastic losses today and reading some of the posts has got me feeling a bit down.

I seem to be off and on this diet, ok the last couple of weeks have been ok up to this weekend where I was away on a dinner bed and breakfast break..:( not good.

I just wish I could do this without the excuses of eating when ever I have something social to do. i am sure that by now had i stuck to it fully i'd be a couple more stone lighter a least and I know losing 50lb is great I just feel a bit of a failure tonight - I think maybe feeling a little guilty about the weekend, the postive side is that i did some swimming whilst away first major exercise in ages and ages and i've have had a great day today and back on the wagon hopefully by Friday weigh in the damage will be off and some more...heres keeping fingers crossed.

I'm sure if it wasn't for LT that i'd still be at my start weight but seems like i'm just prolonging being on the diet, just cause i'm having blips doesn't mean I can't succeed on the diet - just going to take longer to get to goal i guess.:sigh:

Well going to be positive and aim to stick on this until my holiday in August, still got my mini target to get to.

Don't feel a failure - ever
You have lost 50lbs that's fantastic and after all we are only human.
It's not always an easy diet to follow and stick with but you are doing so well so don't be down. :grouphugg:

Hi Loulouless,
One weekend doesn't spell disaster. By the sounds of it you took a very healthy approach to the time away and this should be applauded.
I read your words of encouragement on my threads and others and look at your journey and to be honest you are one of the people on here who inspire me to keep this up. Please look back at how far you have come and see that in terms of a success. You have 25lb to go on your target and you know it's achievable. When I have self doubt I try to remind myself that I am worth it - you need to remember you are worth it too. Wishing you all the luck I can send.
Doirin

50lbs is an amazing loss and you have done well to come back on it after you've fallen off the wagon.. we are only human and as long as we get to goal eventually thats all that matters :)

wow 50lb loss - thats bril. dont let this weekend spoil it. get back on the programme.

Thanks, apologies for the rant....just felt a little fed with myself really, just takes a little longer and having to get back into it. You are all right thanks :) blips are blips main thing is that I am on the straight and narrow (hopefully).

We are all human hun. The reason we are on LT is coz we have food issues - I know I do - and it will take a while to get through them. Just use this as a training exercise and next time you think you need to eat remember how you feel now and how much you want to lose the weight.

We girls are made of stern stuff - we can do this!!!! I have every faith in you, you just need to have faith in yourself!

Hang in there babe, that mini goal is within your grasp.

x

Last edited:
Hi Loulou,
Good advice from cuddlyfairy there, this IS a training exercise....sort of boot camp for the taste buds. I'm going into it totally Shaolin monk ( I've always been a bit extreme...hence the massive frame), but this is such a good plan to re-train bad old habits. However, we are only human and we do have to live in the real world not a Shaolin Temple so getting the balance right is not going to be easy.
Now....50lbs...respect!! don't ever forget that!! If you could see how much 50lbs would look in shopping bags and then try and pull that up a flight of stairs I think you would re-congratulate yourself and of course, just get right back on track.
Keep going!!!

i think the fact that you're feeling a bit down means in your heart of hearts you want this. therefore you will!! it just takes so much strength to say no when there is bloody food around us everywhere!!!

i think you've done fantastically and we are all bound to wobble with our will power. Don't feel guilty about the weekend it wont help anything now!! just put it behind you, think of the swimming not the eating and remember you have achieved an incredible loss already.

xx

thanks guys, you really are a great support! I'm doing good now and looking forward to weigh in on Friday, probably not as much as it would have been due to the weekend but hoping for 2/3lb loss even so...fingers crossed!

Back