I feel a bit strange today

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Chicky Noops, 8 December 2009 Social URL.

1. Chicky Noops

Chicky Noops Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.27%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hmm bear with me as this is probably very non-sensical but this evening I feel a bit guilty like I've 'cheated'

I haven't really, I'm at 8.5 syns for the day but after having free food all day I put my son to bed and just needed to eat. Previously I would have made toast or sent DH for a bar of Dairy Milk but I just opened the cupboard door and wolfed down a meringue nest and a curly wurly.

It's not the use of syns I feel guilty about, but the fact I should have more control over these 'urges' Does this make sense to anyone?

It's like even though I've had a good day on paper, I feel like I've let myself down for using my syns for a binge.

I'm coming up to star week (as you call it on here. Took me a while to figure out what people were on about... though I was missing out on some kind of SW event :eek: ) so I guess that could be a factor in my need to stuff my face.

I'm just glad I had low syn stuff in otherwise it could have been disastrous. It's my first wobble since I began so it was going to come at some point.

I'm being an idiot aren't I?! :asskick:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Please, just be proud that you DID binge within syns! You kept control, think what you would have done in the past?

4. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    No you aren't an idiot, far from it you had the urge and you indulged in your urge, and you remained in control and all within your allowance.

I say well done you :clap: :worthy: :D

5. vikstar

vikstar Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.1%)
    Diet:
    SW
    You shouldn't class it as a binge at all...you knew what you were having and the syns values, so well done! :D

You're worrying over nothing!
    xxx

6. Chicky Noops

Chicky Noops Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.27%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ok I feel a bit silly for posting but I guess I feel now that I'm supposedly in control that I shouldn't be having 'urges' anymore? I need to shake it off, I know you're all right and if it was someone else posting I'd be saying the same as you lot!

7. vikstar

vikstar Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.1%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Don't feel silly for posting...you're human and everyone's here to offer honesty and support. I love this place! :)

x

8. Chicky Noops

Chicky Noops Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.27%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge

Thanks! And me too :D

9. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    To binge within Syns is a huge achievement and not one to feel guilty of but yes I can totally understand how you feel. I had a 2 finger kit kat and curly wurly all within syns but still amazed that I can. Saying that if I wasn't on SW it would have been a chunky one and more so SW has taught me control lol
    Enjoy!!

Claire
    x

10. Miss_Stella

Miss_Stella Member

I'm not an expert on SW by any means, but I think that on any plan, to binge and keep within syns/points/calorie allowance is a major achievement in itself. If it were me I'd be very proud of myself. It could have been a LOT worse.
    Looks like Slimming World's teaching you some new tricks! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.