Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I Feel So Guilty :( :(

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Off Topic' started by smellymelly, 15 May 2011 Social URL.

1. smellymelly

smellymelly Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Orlistat/ Calorie Counting
    Morning everyone , i feel so bad :( , Yesterday we got a kitten off my sister . We got home , and we have to other cats , one who is a year old and one who isn't quite a year old . Well i'd just placed the kitten on the sofa and the other cats both was curious and was having a look and a sniff , I turned round and all of a sudden i heard a load of miaow n kitten cries , the older cat had the kitten in his mouth and was attacking it :(. My mum managed to get the kitten but he was very shook up and appeared to be fitting . He was all limp and couldnt stand ,one of his paws was doubled up and he cudnt walk on it i thought he was going to die , but my husband was trying to sort him out , blew in his face etc ...... We took him to the vet , and he said that he is in shock and very traumatised , He felt him all over and said nothing appears to be broken , he said maybe very very bruised n sore, Anyway the vet gave him 2 injections which was £53 :eek:..... And we have to go back today . I feel awful , we'd just took the kitten away from his mother n 2 brothers n then this happens ...... I'm very scared now about how the other cats are going to be , and will they always want to attack him ?? Ive always had cats/kittens and never has this happened before :(.........
    Sorry for the long story ..... xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. smirnoff

smirnoff Overweight or undertall?!

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oh dear that's awful, i hope the little one is going to be ok xx

4. smellymelly

smellymelly Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Thanks Smirnoff , Just got back from the vets now , and we had to leave him there , he is still dragging his paw n wen the vet was examining him he was making lots of noise . So he is going to give him an XRAY , and he also gave him another injection , so that another £81 today :O Definetly paid for this kitten !!!!

5. smirnoff

smirnoff Overweight or undertall?!

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    omg that is terrible, the poor kitten and your poor bank account xx

6. smellymelly

smellymelly Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    ye feel really awful , we had to use cash we had put by for repairs on our car as it is off the road at the moment !!! Got kitten home now , lucky enough nothing is broken , but vet said he may minute fractures that wud be the size of a babys nail clippings , which will heal on there own , and because he is so young he has that on his side . So £53 yesterday and another £117 today , coz of an xray n medication , we've well n truely paid for the kitten !!! Am so scared now of him getting attacked again , but wont dare leave them in same room together !!!

7. smellymelly

smellymelly Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Gutted

:cry:OMG ......... Our other cat attacked the kitten again :cry:..... He got him round the neck drew blood , the kitten appeared to have fitted , breathed funny n then died ..... im so sad , i cant believe it , ive grown up with cats , and had them all my adult life n never has this happened before ...... i feel so numb n guilty ......

8. Charlotte-Eve

Charlotte-Eve x It's my year to shine x

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.4lb(18.16%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Oh melly I'm so, so sorry to hear that about your little kitten :( That's terrible. Your cats must've been protecting their territory, it's so sad :(

9. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Oh no that's awful. I have never heard of this before and like u had cats all my life. I reckon they were just staking their claim to their home. It's nature and please don't blame yourself! Hugs. X

10. FatNoMore

FatNoMore Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(23.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    im sorry to hear that, its so sad x

11. festivalfairy

festivalfairy Finally a size 12!

Oh no don't blame ya self in had similar thing with my dog end of day there animals hun there protecting there territory is all x

12. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When introducing a new cat into the house you need to prepare carefully and isolate the newcomer away from other cats for several weeks before doing a gradual introduction. Even doing that it took my elderly cat about 5 months before she accepted the new kitten completely. Sorry it turned out so horribly for you.

13. delleh

delleh Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My friend found that they sat in the room with 3 of us, all with a cat/kitten and then took the kitten out - and had a water spray. And basically learnt behaviour, dont hiss or attack dont get sprayed. In the end even if the kitten did it, it got shut in a box for 1minute to try again. Gradually helped x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.