I feel so tired & crappy

Cherry Plum

One day at a time
For the last two days I have felt very tired, I've not managed to go to the gym for a week & don't feel that I have enough energy to go at all at the moment.
I'm not motivated to do anything, the bathrooms need cleaning, the dusting & hoovering needs doing, I want to curl up in bed & go to sleep, but I can't because I have to go & get BP checked & do other errands that are urgent.
I just feel a little flat, I know I'm doing well on the diet & I'm not going to give in, I just want some more energy.
I've also been feeling hungry, whats that all about? I've not felt hungry for weeks, now I'm hungry when I wake up, in the middle of the day & again at bedtime.
Anyone got any advice?

Hi Cherry

Not sure if it is any help BUT several people in our group are also beginning to feel more hungry (those of us who are 8-10 weeks in). Our LLC said this is when crooked thinking sets in ie we're all doing well, the novelty of the diet has worn off and suddenly it's as if we've realised this is IT! And bingo - (emotional) hunger sets in.

It could also be hormonal, how much you are doing (if you are going to the gym, are you overdoing it?) and it sounds like sleep is what you really, really need. Since doing LL, I have realised how much I ate - believing I was truly hungry - when in fact it was to compensate for tiredness.

Try to have a couple of long sleeps and I bet you will feel better. Your body knows what it needs - it's just your mind telling you something else.

Let us know how you get on and good luck; have just seen your weight loss - that's fantastic!

Take care and get some rest!

Mrs Lard xxx

Hi,

Not got any advice but i feel exactly the same!- just feel so tired and can't be bothered to do anything. Have really good intentions of going to the gym, swim, walk etc but then just flake out.

To make matters worse i keep nibbling on things i should'nt be!!.

x

Hi Cherry Plum, last couple of days I've been feeling like that, its as if I just got switched off at the socket and can't move any more. This morning I felt really light headed and could hardly get the kids off to school.

I thought about what was different over the last couple of days and I have been out so haven't had as much water. I normally have about 5 to 6 litres.

I've been drinking more like my old levels since then and I must say I feel a lot more alive.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Thanks for your reply's, I've also felt extremely cold today, I've been in bed for a couple of hours wearing a t-shirt & 3 fleeces, covered by a duvet & blanket & I still feel cold.
I've really, really, more than ever wanted to eat, doesn't matter what, just food.
So I think I'm better off in bed.

Mrs Lard - I'm on week 9, so that makes sense about the novelty wearing off.
I will try going to sleep earlier tonight.

Charlie - every morning my gym bag is raring to go, sadly I'm not, I have good intentions but they don't get me out the door I'm afraid.

I can't drink any more water, when I feel like this I struggle to get it down.

Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow, we are going city centre shopping tomorrow, don't go very often, so will have to reward myself with a non food item.

Aww big hugs cherry! I'm just on week 7 so have this to go but it may just be that you've been doing more & mre as you get used to the diet & have overdone it a bit? I'd say just listen to your body and give it some rest if thats what its asking for! Pleanty of time for housework after and the gym when you feel more energetic! Dont overdo the water either! LL told me max 5.5 litres even if you've excercised...hope you feel better soon. BTW I always feel "hungry" when I'm tired and stressed and am slowly learning whats what!

Can I just echo what you have said cherry blossom I am on week 8 and feel exactly the same. The weird thing is I know I'm not going to give up LL but I just want more energy and to feel full after shakes like I used to. Never mind hopefully these feelings will pass soon.

Hey Cherry
I'm just a few weeks ahead of you but really sharing your pain right now!
I've never felt the cold like I have this week. I had my gloves on today!! Absolutely frozen to the bone.
Also, BIG cravings have hit around food and I've been physically very hungry. I know that my water intake has been down the last few days but that's happened before and I've never felt like this. It's really thrown me. I am absolutely committed to finishing this and caving in is not an option for me but, wow, very very tough week.

Has anything stressfull happened? To be honest I've had to deal with the first real piece of stress this week since I started. It's a work thing and the minute it came about I immediately felt STARVING. And it's been like this for 3 days now. I'm focusing on the fact that I've actually recognised this, which can ony be a good thing. I'm a bit worried about the weekend as i have a few big foodie things to face socially, but I'll get through them. And also, I'm just bored with the routine - again, I've recognised this and am trying to change a few packs around and shake it up a bit (pardon the pun).

Also knackered and cant face the gym. But I've read all of the posts on this thread and I think there definitely could be something in the lack of sleep thing. I've had really late nights and full on days all week and right now all I want to do is get under the duvet.

All of the threads and posts really helping just now. I guess achieving my lowest weekly loss last week has also figured, although I cant really complain about that as the previous week was so great.

Please keep posting and let us know how you're getting on :)

Hi everyone, feeling so much better this morning.
I slept with all my clothes on last night including my 3 fleeces, duvet & blanket.

Yesterday was infact my worst day on the diet so far.
I've put it down to working last weekend, fri,sat, sun & mon, I did a couple of early shifts which always make me tired, I think I just hadn't caught up on my sleep & we have 3 kids + 2 foster kids, my husband works all hours as well. I think I just needed to slow down & get some rest.

I have never been so cold in my life, I put that down to not doing much physical activity.

I was so hungry & if someone had put a plate of food in front of me I would have devoured it without thinking, my thoughts were very strong, my chatterbox was very strong & I had an uncontrollable urge to eat everything, so I stayed in bed, which was infact the best place for me.

I hope I never have a day like that again.
I did abstain all day, so I will reward myself today in town with a non food item.

I hope everyone else managed to banish their demons & stay on the wagon.

Thank you for the lovely rep comment! How are you feeling today? Just hang in there & enjoy a bit of pampering! Gonna do myself a yummy face pack, dye my new haircut and do my nails this evening!
oops crossed posts! Well done you! Just keep plodding!! Why not go & try clothes on (even ifou dont buy them!) and see how far you've come! I no longer have a clue what size I am - clothes starting to drop off but want to wait until they ARE dropping off!!

Yeh thanks ISOM, I will try on some new clothes, I'm now officially an 18 yipee, only another month to a 16, god I've not seen 16 for years.
Good luck with the haircut & colour.

Glad you're feeling better Cherry, hopefully it was just a bad point in your system and you'll be feeling better by the day now.

Cath

Im glad your feeling better cherry, i,ve been reading with interest, as i have my journey too start, its good to know these things & be ready for them.Good luck.

Hi Cherry

Thanks for the lovely comment. So glad you managed a full night's sleep and having seen how much you have going on at home, no wonder you were tired!

You probably don't appreciate just how well you have done by abstaining yesterday, too. That's a real achievement so congratulations.

Our LLC keeps saying this diet is hardcore and...it is. With that in mind, watch how you feel physically and if you get tired again and/or hungry, try to have a rest.

So glad you posted an update as I checked here to see how you are.

Good luck with the next few weeks in Foundation.

Take care.

Mrs L xxx

Last night I felt hungry & had a few cravings for food again, I drank lots of water & lots of coffee & watched a romantic film.
I didn't feel tired, but did feel colder than usual.
This appeared to work, thank god it was nothing like Fridays 'hell of a day'.
Hopefully I am over these problems & back on the straight & narrow.
I also think I could have had a bit of PMT, even though its only been 20 days since my last period, anything is possible on this diet!
Weigh in tomorrow, that should perk me up a bit more.
Good luck with your weigh ins this week everyone.

Hey cherry how you doing today! Just realised that you are a foster carer! I used to be your favorite kind of person - fostering officer! Now (well 6 years ago) moved into adoption!! See despite the rumours we are nice people!!! I see to have caught whatever it is you have and having to take my own advice! Felt very lightheaded last coupe of days so of course ignored it & carroed on digging so feel crap today! Going to potter & go slowly and put the dreaded fence up...also came on which really hacks me off because pre-ll I didnt have periods due to my implant! How annyoing is that - no feeod plus periods and period pain to go! Also took aquaban whic made me feel really sick so will just put up with teh fluid retention...Hope you're past the worst bit!

Hi ISOM,
I like social workers! no really I wanted to be one at one point, I work with children with learning difficulties & I foster as well, it was easier than doing a degree to become a social worker. LOL (not so sure now though!)
Yeh I'm feeling much better today. Went to my LL class today, my LLC said that before the diet, when I felt tired I would have just gone & eaten or had a sugar fix, but because I couldn't do that on Friday It made all my problems seem bigger because I couldn't mask them.
She told me I did the right thing going to bed.
She said that I need to remember this for when I'm eating again, she said that I probably used to eat because of tiredness & stress. I think she's right.

ISOM make sure you get your rest, go to bed early, you don't want them demons surfacing, they are not friendly.

Back