i feel 'stuck'! exercising, but am i eating enough?

hail to the all knowing-ones at MiniMins :D

i've been on the weight loss merry-go-round since i was about 14 (i'm 40 now, but still think/feel 21 :p), i think i've finally got my head in the right place & i really want to lose all my excess baggage - & it's ALL for ME this time!

anyway, been doing ok since i started, losing 2lb'ish per week, but i've been stuck for a few weeks & am getting a bit concerned now :(

i know it's not all about the scales (the manager at the gym recently told me to throw them away! :eek:) & my clothes are all starting to feel a bit roomy, but i think i was just expecting more now i'm really exercising on a regular basis.

i've only just started using FoodFocus but this is my average calorie breakdown at the moment (since last Monday):

Cals 1289 Fat 43 Carb 162 Protein 68

it shows cals burned per day of 2805 & a target of 1805 (to lose 2lb per week).

my food has been similar since i started,
b/fast: 50g granola with alpro yog
lunch: homemade veg soup, fruit
din: meat or fish, loads of veg, a few potatoes (boiled, oven chips or roasts)
plenty of water/squash & some fruit or yogurt during the day as snacks (weekend calories go up a little as i'll have sunday roast & a steak dinner, smaller portions of course!).

exercise gradually built up to per week:
1 aqua aerobics 45min (pretty hard work, always puffed out at the end!)
3 gym days - 15m t/mill, 13m x-trainer & 7m cardio wave (leaves me completely 'done-in', but feeling ok after 2 mins recovery).

(the exercise might seem a bit pathethic to any gym-bunnies out there, but please bear in mind my size at the moment! :eek: on my 1st gym session, i thought i was gonna die after 5mins on the x-trainer & 3mins on the cardio wave (boy, is that thing tough:eek:), so i am improving!). i'll book a review at the gym in a couple of weeks & would imagine some weight/resistance will be thrown in next, he said to go for cardio to start with.

apologies for my long-winded 1st post (how very dare she! :p). any feedback at all would be most appreaciated ;)

It's normal to have a plateau every once in a while and sometimes it's just a matter of sticking it out. Don't forget that if you are doing loads of exercise you will be building muscle, which weighs more than fat and this can make your weight loss seem slow even though you are losing fat. Try measuring yourself regularly and see if the tape is moving even when the scales are not.

I have read on here that some people use calorie cycling to push themselves off a plateau...

thanks for the words of encouragement LM :)

it was weigh-in yesterday & i lost 3lbs, so shopefully plateau is over (for now!). i've increased my protein at lunch time & am trying to stick to low GI foods, see how this goes for a couple of weeks.

3 lbs that's brilliant. Keep the good work. You are definitely doing something right.

thanks! :)

i've had a rubbish 10 days with a pulled muscle in my back, absolute agony at times! :cry:

it's easing off a little now & i'm off to see 'my man with the magic hands' tomorrow for a bit of manipulation ;)

fingers x'd he'll put me straight again (literally :D) & i'll be off & running again next week...i've really missed exercising, never thought i'd say that! :flirt2:

Back