I feel wrong losing the weight

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sulleyp, 29 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Sulleyp

Sulleyp The Minis Bad Boy

Start Weight:
    26st1lb
    Current Weight:
    26st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I started back this week. I had my first weigh in last night and lost 5.5lbs. Which is not alot for the first week back.

I do well until I get home with the family and there is food there. I tend to pick and then have a meal with the family. It is a habit that I want to break. But I just felt guilty about losing 5.5 lbs. I am getting my water done everyday and eating my packs until dinnertime.

I lost a bit of weight before joining LL so I have hit my first goal of a stone. So there is something to look at.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Do you think LL Lite might be better? You are allowed one meal a day on that plan, and that might suit you better?

Don't feel guilty. You are trying, and theres no guilt in that. :)

4. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    As I understand it, as someone in my group wanted to move to LL Lite, you have to have a BMI of under 30 or they won't let you. Not sure if it's anything to do with not having to have medical check-ups on LLL or something....

5. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    really? oh i thought anyone could do LLL x

6. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    No, just checked on the LL website, and LLL is for those with a BMI of between 25 and 29.9 -for 30 and above it's LL x

7. Sulleyp

Sulleyp The Minis Bad Boy

Start Weight:
    26st1lb
    Current Weight:
    26st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Is that because they want to expand their horizons and get people who wouldnt normally do LL to sign up?

8. SexyBecks1

SexyBecks1 is loving CWP xx

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - step 3
    I think it's because people who have a lot more weight to loose (I don't mean everyone) may have really deep issues with food that only being on abstinence will help. Maybe I'm wrong but that is the way that I see it.

Please don't worry too much about lapsing and still loosing as that has happened to me a few times. I do a lot of exercise so that is why I think I have either stayed the same or lost a pound. I must admit that I felt like a fraud on those weeks. BUT if I didn't get weighed everytime I had lapsed I would have quit by now. But I haven't. I need to do this journey for me (and that should be the same for you). So if I do lapse then I just put it behind me and carry on with the plan. I use it as a learning curve. No one is perfect so these things happen.

But in your situation I think you maybe need to take yourself out of the equation at mealtimes. Could you sit in a seperate room while they eat? Or maybe you could have your pack at the same time as them so you feel like you are joining in? I know it is really difficult but if you really want to loose the weight you will find a way around it.

Good luck in finding a resolution. Remember..... you are doing this for you, it will only be for a few months - stick with it x x

PS Sorry for the long post!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.