I fell off the wagon today

Alicia

It was the raspberry trifle's fault.

:cry:

Worse still, there's a little left and it's calling to me from the fridge. :break_diet:

Noooo, don't do it! Resist the temptation! Throw it in the bin!

But hey, it coulda been worse... just do some extra swimming next time you are in the pool!!

Don't feel guilty! Guilt is bad. If your body wanted a portion of that lovely trifle so much, it was right that you had it. And there's nothing unhealthy about a little of what you fancy so long as you can now draw a line under it. Skinny folk have treats when they fancy them, they just know when to stop and haul back on the reins - so think skinny, not guilty! :)

Thanks. Someone else finished it off. But I would have - if I'd got there first. I'm very weak when it comes to things in the fridge. Best time to be strong is in the supermarket.

i have family from india and they bought a box of indian sweets. i have dilibertly kept my cals low today as i can not resist them. so i have 900cals on food. and 300 for sweets naughty me

falling off the wagon is just one of those things! everyone does it. hey, i ate one of those chocolte magnum indulgences on monday night and it was absolute heaven. i think because i made a concious decision to eat it and savour every last bite it didn't make me feel as guilty as something i deny myself but then eat on impulse. those types of falling are ones that should be reigned in. i find that if i tell myself off for eating something it makes me want even more of it. if i look at the 'bad' item and say 'i'm going to eat you and i'm going to take my time and enjoy you!' then it turns into something good. yumyum. in the past i've had something in the cupboard or fridge and thought and thought about it and craved it, but stopped myself and then in a mad dash have eaten the lot (as if the calories don't count if you eat it fast lol) and barely tasted anything.

so i think what's the point in denying yourself. if you have a bowl of trifle take your time to eat it and taste all the loveliness of it. chances are you won't feel you need another bowl!

then just get on with your healthy eating or go for a walk :)

climb back on the wagon, love we're hear to grab your hand lol! (all these metaphors sound so cheesy but it's true!)

xx

Back