I found scan bran in Corfu!!!

Thats one word for it!!!! You can make nice cakes with them though

I took a bite as i was walking up the stairs and was still chewing a couple mins later when i came back down! :D
Will have to look up some recipes

I know what you mean!!!! I put a ginger cake recipe on the recipe forum the other day - its lovely

Ooh yes , i just found it-it sounds very yummy, better than chewing away on them and getting jaw ache!!!

Only thing is, i definitely can't get stem ginger over here-will that make a big difference?

I just got home so thought i would try one........it's very.........unique isn't it?

:D
LOL at this, it certainly is unique!!! Made choc cake with it, didnt like it, made curly wurly cake with it, it went in the bin!!! Will attempt the ginger one I think next week, and if that fails, will give up with it. When I made the curly wurly one I think it was a waste of curly wurly, all I could taste was the bran in my mouth and couldnt get rid!!! Yuk

Someone on here used fresh ginger by accident and said it was nice still (and only 5 syns a cake then)

I've heard the choc one isnt nice but someone at my group raves about the curly wurly one

Thing is its never going to be like a proper cake - but I'd rather eat a substitute and weigh less!!!!

have to say i dont mind the scan bran cake, although it is heavier than cake. more like brownie i think. and goes well with a cup of tea.
I always find though that i need more sweetener than the recipe says.
as for the curly wurly cake, you can substitute the curly wurly for any chocolate, just work out the syns accordingly.
I used half a snickers and it was nice with the nuts in.

let us know if you make it and what you think. xxx

Back