I Gained Weight?

:confused::cry:

I've gained 4.4lbs this week (week 6).

Last week I ate 2 shakes & a meal bar per day & I lost 1.8lbs My target is a minimum of 2lbs per week, so this week I stopped the bar & went back to 3 shakes a day.

I have been 10000000000% perfect!!! How can I gain 4.4lbs? How can this be physically possible?

The only thing I havent done properly is in the last 2 days I have only been able to drink 1 litre of water a day.

Has anyone else experienced a gain?

:cry::cry::cry:

Any chance of fluid retention??? Am thinking this is a possible answer!
x

Thanks so much for responding!

It could be that. I'm back to normal life now so am back to drinking the recommended amount of liquid.

Only other thing I can think of, it that I didnt do the add a meal week on week 5. I came here trying to find information on how to do that week but was told that it's no longer done - so I skipped it........I dont know if that was the right thing to do?

You're welcome! If you're TOTM is due, then I'd say fluid retention is a likely answer.

As for the add a meal thing, that's no longer done until week 12 of Sole Sourcing, so you've done the right thing by missing it.

Do let us know when your next WI is and how you get on :)

Hi Gems!!!!

Sorry to hear that..............

I find the bars (although yummy) slow my loss down. I have a max of two a week now......... one on a Friday when I get weighed and sometimes on a Saturday.

So, cutting down on the bars is a great idea.

I also tend to retain fluid around my time of the month - which is not nice, but the following week is much better.

I think you have also hit the nail on the head with your water intake - you really need to drink lots of it every day!!! I now drink between 3 and 4 ltrs every day (mainly 4 ltrs) - although I did struggle to drink the min amount when I started.

It can't be acutual pounds of fat you have gained as I believe you need to eat an extra 3000 calories plus to put a lb on!!! Which you haven 't done!!!! So I am sure it will come off this week - if you keep up with the water................

I think going up the plans for a week happens at week 12!!!

Good luck babe!!! Let me know how next week goes for you.

Bethan x

Oh that is depressing but as Lady B says it is impossible for it to be fat so it must be fluid retention. I need to drink lots of water which is difficult. I'm going to try that this time.

Good luck anyway, you'll probably have a huge loss next week!

i have stopped having the bar I used to have 1 a day and my losses were 1.5lbs - 2.5lbs the last week i went back to 1 shake and 2 soups and my loss was 4.5lbs, water again was my down fall weeks were i struggled low loss and weeks i keep my water intake up losses are better.
Don't stress to much i am sure at your next WI it will sort its self out
xx

Back