I give up!

Safia

Gold Member
Hi everyone havent been on here for on a while and not been on sw for a while too. I really thought i could do it without going to the sw meetings but you can guess what has happened. I have put on all the weight i lost and maybe more. I feel really angry at myself for letting everything go and listening to other people. My mum and dad said it was a waste of money as they could see no difference. At first i ignored them and carried on with sw but than they started getting to me and i just gave up. At this moment in time i'm not talking to my parents as they have been very desrespectful to my husband. Not talking to them for a couple of days has made me realise im back to square 1 and will have to go back to the meetings to start my weightloss again. The only prob is finances are a bit tight this month after paying off all the bills so i wont be able to go back this month and i'm really scared i will put on more weight as my eating has gone out of the window. I start the day good but by evening i'm bingeing. I know its stress related and have tried to calm myself down but my parents have really done it this time and my husband wont let me forget! Just feeling a bit down.

Awww Hun :hug99: Its horrible when you parents don't support you in your weight loss journey. But try moving on from that and get back on the SW wagon to show them that you can do it :)

Since finances are a bit tight how about doing SW at home for a while but post up a food diary for us to see. That way it helps keep you on track and you get support from all the other lovely members on this forum :) I do find keeping a food diary stops me from going on any binges.

Wish you all the best and good luck with trying to get back on track and your weight loss journey :)

I agree Minimins is a god send for me too. Its helps me keep on track and its a lovely place for getting support :D X

Hello!!!

right my advice is the following:

Start a food diary on here, and then everyone can help you if you steer from the plan!

Ignore other peoples opinions - your parents are clearly not wanting to help you - and as i was a similar size as you at the start, i think it does take a little while to show your loss.....its hard when nobody says 'ooh you have lost weight' when you know you have. Dont give up though - the compliments will soon come.

I bet as well, you cover yourself in layers of clothes (i know i did! waterfall cardigans were my speciality!!!) and then when summer comes you will blossom like a butterfly! :) Yes - that is a fact and you can make it happen!!!!!!

Keep posting on Minimins - no matter how silly a question, there is always someone to help! :)

Oh and believe in yourself....show them what you are made of!

Financially - start now, you know what you are doing - then when things are better buy a countdown - that way you get 5 weeks for the price of 6 x

I look forward to reading about your weight losses xxxx

hi there, just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world to get to where you want to be, believe in yourself and everything else will fall into place. you're at the right place :)

Also, try a visit to your GP to see if the Slimming World on Referral scheme is available in your area. If it is, you can get up to 24 weeks of free classes plus free membership.

Its not available everywhere, its down to individual health authorities whether to support the scheme, but it costs nothing to ask the question.

Hi there, im kind of in a similar situation where by I left SW and put on the weight I had lost, and I am now doing it alone at home. I get all my support from this forum, and I love it. Iv got in touch with some really lovely people, and every single question, query or comment iv posted, has always been answered.

Good luck with your journey - prove everyone wrong!!

I havent brought clothes or new underwear for nearly 2 years now as whenever i cant find anything that suits me so i am dressed in my old tatty clothes now. I keep on saying i will get a whole new wardrobe when i lose weight but i havent managed to lose any yet. Yes i think its a good idea that a do food diary here as i will have to come onto minimins to do it and will get motivation from everyone. i will start 2moro but will decide what i eat 2moro today so that i dont come off plan x

Next month or the month after my husband has also said he will get me gym membership so i suppose that will help with losing weight and toning up. Just still feel a little but really happy i came back here as everyone here is so nice and motivational x

good luck with your weightloss, u can do it, and when you do ull have the confidence to tell ur parents to piss off!
lol
i apologise for the rude language:p

Back