i got a wii! :) advice please!

icklerockchick

slow but steady!
been wanting a wii for a while now really fancied the look of the black one but been too busy saving up for various things / having to pay too many bills to afford one!

traded in some games and got 67 in credit for them, and got some money for my easter so finally gave in and bought one yesterday ended up only costing me 43pounds of my own money for a black wii with just dance :) so rather chuffed!

just wondering what games u recommend. would love a wii fit but can't afford it quite yet so was thinking of getting ea active it seems to have good reviews.

does anyone have the biggest loser? i was going to buy it from play they had it on offer at 7.99 but seems to be out of stock now boo! is it any good?

any advice on good games both fitness related and just general good fun is very welcome!

X

the rayman raving rabbids games are great.all the mario ones are a must too.my fav is super mario galaxy.
i love the just dance game.had the ea sports active and only used it once.think that was more me finding it too much hard work though and gave it to my dad.
when you do eventually get the money together though i'd defo say get the wii fit plus and board.just seen the set for £50(with a discount code) at tesco direct.well worth the money.you really don't notice your doing exercise and time passes quickly.

I have the biggest loser game, the challenges on it are really good! The works outs i find a bit annoying as they dont really talk you through it so you can still be doing one move whilst they've moved on to the next!!

Wii fit plus is definately a good buy! I have this and love it! Well done on the bargain!! xx

Wii fit is definitely a good buy when you can afford it, I've had a wii for years and I only got a wii fit a few months ago.

Biggest Loser is much much much better for work outs than the wii fit, the wii fit is very light exercise. The biggest loser has lots of different intensity work outs, focusing on different things! I few I can think of is core, cardio, upper body and yoga. But there are more.

If you just like games though, mario kart is definitely the game to have! and mario party is brilliant to! Very addictive!! xxx

thanks for the advice guys! have ordered ea active for now and that will have to do me until i get some money together for more games!

yeh i saw the offer on tesco for the wii fit but its an unofficial board, and 5 pound postage on top. A shop in Glasgow is doing the official one with wii fit plus for £75 which seems to be really good its dearer than that even online everywhere! so swithering between those offers but need to save up the pennies first!

just wanted to see if people think its worth the money and use it lots or it just sits there gathering dust lol!

the mario games all look fun but tend to be quite expensive. gutted that biggest loser is out of stock at the bargain price now :(

X

oooh theres a raving rabbids triple pack coming out in june for 23pounds so preordering that as its 3 games for not much more than the price of one of them!

yay

X

I've recently got a Wii too!
I have sports and sports resort and find them good fun and quite a good work out - especially things like the boxing!
I have Wii fit (old normal one not the plus one) and have used it everyday since I've got it and have clocked up 2h15 mins so far!! Thats 2hr 15 mins of exercise I wouldn't have done!! And that doesn't include time spent playing the other games!
I have been recommended the just dance game so might have to treat myself to that!
Keep an eye out on ebay for Wii fits and boards.

i have wii fit plus my whole system was second hand and had no probs with it theres loads of boards on ebay.
i use my wii fit plus everyday and my kids love it to.
raving rabbits and mario kart r great. but must say our fave is wii play but thats when we play together

Too add for what people think of the wii fit - it definately will not gather dust! I have had mine for 1 month and a few days and have done nearly 9 hours! I work full time monday to friday and so this is the only time i have spare to do it! 9 hours exercise in a month tho!

The free step is AMAZING for me as i can get home, cook dinner and then do a 1/2 hour step routine whilst watching neighbours so its not even like you have to set specific time to do it in :) xx

I love Wii Fit Plus, I tend to do the aerobic/stretchy workouts but the balance games are a good laugh when you have family/friends round.

I'm really tempted to buy EA Sports Active - the whole kit (game and accessories) is £18 on Amazon. The reviews look good, but I'm still unsure. Can anyone recommend it, and list some of the games/activities on it. I really like things like the step game, baton twirling and rhythm boxing on the Wii Fit - are there plenty of things like this on EA Sports Active?

I love Wii Fit Plus, I tend to do the aerobic/stretchy workouts but the balance games are a good laugh when you have family/friends round.

I'm really tempted to buy EA Sports Active - the whole kit (game and accessories) is £18 on Amazon. The reviews look good, but I'm still unsure. Can anyone recommend it, and list some of the games/activities on it. I really like things like the step game, baton twirling and rhythm boxing on the Wii Fit - are there plenty of things like this on EA Sports Active?

Sorry no advice, but thanks for the tip about amazon, i was really peeved!! I went to argos and more the ea active more work outs and when i got home it says 'accessories not included and required for use' I had to take it back!! There was no mention on purchase that anything was needed and argos dont sell tehm seperately!! Rant over lol :)

I've got the EA Sports active (Personal trainer- the first one), it's great. Three levels of intensity and it really makes you work up a sweat. The accessories mean it monitors whether you're doing the exercise right, which for a n00b like me was really useful. Been using it on and off (completed it on easy 2x and on medium 3 times), the thirty day challenges are good and I like getting wee prizes for being good. Also you can do two player stuff, create your own workouts and do a random selection of workouts from a little 10minute on to a terrifying hour long one. :) LOL
It's worth getting. I desperately want the new one EA Sports Active: More Workouts (but I need a new leg strap as husband and I have killed the old one) and it doesn't come with one!

EA Sports Active totally changed my shape! I lost 2" off both my waist and hips in the first 30 day challenge! The More Workouts is also very worth having for the step routine alone, but the boxing is something else! I also have the Biggest Loser. Yes it's OK but even if you put sedentary if you do things too well they make it really hard for you. And even if you put you want the girl you get Bob! (well most of the time anyway) Don't waste your money on the Fitness First dvd it's cr*p.

starting a small collection now :)

picked up de blob for £5 and its really fun you are a blob in a town that has all the colour sucked from it and you have to make everything colourful again by slamming into different coloured paints and theres little challenges like paint this street green so you have to slam blue paint then yellow paint then you can paint everything green! silly but great fun :)

its my 2 year "anniversary" not married or anything lol just been with my bf 2 years this week so he is getting me super mario galaxy and giving me half towards my wii fit that i have ordered yay! :D

oh and i bought a 2nd hand ea active from ebay! so looking forward to playing them all!

oh and just dance is great fun but i feel rather silly playing it by myself lol! only got one remote so far so need some more so i can invite my girlies over to play because i live with 2 boys who refuse to join in lol!

X

Well I've decided to treat myself to EA Sports Active, £18 off amazon for both the game and the required accessories and free postage, which I thought was reasonable. I'm almost at target but I still feel a bit flabby so I think it's time for some serious toning up! I considered going swimming but still feel a little self conscious at the moment.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

Hi guys im new but thought i would post that i bought fitness first wii game and its great they have little workouts you can do before work and at lunch if ur at home i am at the mo im writing my dissertation and then theres another for evening and then they also have workout that really push you they also have tips for weight loss and also will ask you what you like to eat and make u up a list of what to eat all week and how to make it! Don't really need this but its a good addition!

Back