Extra Easy I got into a size 22 today... Just getting bigger

Best of luck to u. Break your journey up into small goals, sometimes lookin at the bigger picture can be overwhelming. You can do it :)

Please take a picture of yourself & keep it as a reminder for when you have lost all your weight.
Most people are too embarrassed at the start then later cannot find any old pics, I know because I didn't have any taken, so had to look through old pics to show my size before I started SW.
Go to the group, stay for the chat, read the books over & over until it becomes like second nature, it does work if you stick to it.
Some weeks you will do well, others not, don't worry, that's normal.
This time next year you will be showing us your before/after pics and you will be healthier, fitter & at your best!
I write a weekly food diary & plan a weekly menu, this way you don't cheat.
Good luck.
Pete

Yes but that should be the last time you see 22 on a label. If you are starting in Jan then by feb you may be in a 20 and by the summer a 16 and so on and so downwards.

I think you have a great reason to spur you on. I don't care how much I weigh (within reason) but I want to be able to go into any shop and pick up a 12 and know it will fit me. I think its more about clothes and wanting to wear all the lovely things I missed out on in my 20s than actually how much I weigh as such.

good luck and enjoy the journey :) x

You are making the greatest change you ever could. Walking through those doors is probably the best decision of my life and in less than a year I have gone from a 24 to a 14. It can be done :) You've had some fab advice already and we'll always be here with more :)

Good Luck :D .x.x.x.

Hi, I am also starting my slimming world journey on the 2nd of Jan, I was a comfortable size 12 once myself I reckon I am now an uncomfortable 20 I to am so ashamed, in fact I don't even look at myself in the mirror without cringing, so good luck and we will be starting this journey together..

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement guys! I will be doing it online as I work really weird hours but I guess I will just have to make this forum a big part of my life to replace the advice and encouragement I would get from group. You are absolutely right I just need to think that this time next year I could be at goal. Do you guys think I could lose 100 pounds in one year? This is my last chance I have failed on everything else and I can't be fat forever!

Of course you can do it. Look at it this way 100lbs in 52 weeks. That is less than 2lbs a week, how much easier does that sound?! Set yourself mini targets to get you through the year too, so you can pat yourself on the back as you go :)

Im restarting on the 1st. I've just re read my diary from this time last year and I weigh in at 2st heavier. OMG 2st
. That's the weight of my youngest kid!!! I've put a whole child on in a year ( probably more if you include what I lost at the beginning of the year. I'm now wearing a 24-26 instead of the 18-20 I was. I'm gonna do it this time I promise xx. Good luck with your journey

I was a size 22 in September

A month or so ago I bought size 18 jeans and 16 leggings

Slimming World and a lot of focus has made that possible. My aim is to be at goal by May when it's my birthday. I've made a promise to myself that I will do it plus I'm buying countdowns to make sure I go to group. I don't want to be 'wasting' the money I've spent.

Take it bit by bit and your goal is very much achievable. Good luck!

Back