I Had A Binge!!

Charisma

Silver Member
last night at work ( in a bar) i thought i really fancy some crisps but i didnt wanna eat them cause its weigh in this evening buti had them anyways.... followed by another pack and two '4 finger' kit cats :( plus ive had a really bad week so im expecting to put on the 2 lbs i lost already. is there anyway i can get rid of the temptation at work??

Do you eat before you go to work? Can you take some stuff with you so you're not tempted by anything else? Break those 4 fingers kitkats into two and just have one, bloody hard that one!

I think once you've resisted temptation it gets a little bit easier but there's always gonna be times when you're tempted. Maybe instead of blowing out, just have the one bag of crisps or kitkat, so you dont feel to bad?

last night at work ( in a bar) i thought i really fancy some crisps but i didnt wanna eat them cause its weigh in this evening buti had them anyways.... followed by another pack and two '4 finger' kit cats :( plus ive had a really bad week so im expecting to put on the 2 lbs i lost already. is there anyway i can get rid of the temptation at work??

Red days:- Some of those chicken peices from the chiller in Tesco are ideal to munch, so are crab sticks. Or you could have some melon cut into cubes to munch on.

Green days:- Make your own crisps. I know that there has been some debate as to whether they are free or not, but they have got to be better than normal cripis. You could also make a couscous cake. I made one the other day and it's only 2 syns for the whole thing, and it was lovely and filling. Let me know if you want the recipe.

i would eat before going to work and take some free foods to eat whilst there, or maybe low sin crisps and treats so you can eat them instead.

try eating something that fills you up and is slow release (eg, pasta or jacket potato) so that you won't crave foods.

thanks guys. i do try eat soon before going and i will have to take some grapes or something to pick at.

or if o try a red day some of the chicken like spaceangel says. oh and ive never had couscous :eek: whats it like??

The couscous cake is lovely. When it's baked, it's just like any other cake.

The couscous cake is lovely. When it's baked, it's just like any other cake.

Would you mind giving me the recipe please? I do crave a bit of cake now and again :D:D

Here goes:-

4oz Couscous
2 tbsp mincemeat (fruit variety!)
3 tbsp artificial sweetner
4 fluid oz boiling water
2 eggs, beaten

Method:-

Place boiling water over couscous and then add the sweetner straight away. Leave for about 2 mins and then fluff with a fork.

Then add the mincemeat and eggs. Stir until well mixed.

Pour into a well greased (frylight) loaf tin.

Bake at 180 degrees for about 1/2 hr, or until the cake is browned on top. Can be eaten warm or cold.

Here goes:-

4oz Couscous
2 tbsp mincemeat (fruit variety!)
3 tbsp artificial sweetner
4 fluid oz boiling water
2 eggs, beaten

Method:-

Place boiling water over couscous and then add the sweetner straight away. Leave for about 2 mins and then fluff with a fork.

Then add the mincemeat and eggs. Stir until well mixed.

Pour into a well greased (frylight) loaf tin.

Bake at 180 degrees for about 1/2 hr, or until the cake is browned on top. Can be eaten warm or cold.

You said the whole cake is only 2syns on green, do you know the syns for red days as I don't do green days!!!!:)

Yes you can buy mincemeat all yr round. I bought some the other day. And yes you can adapt the recipe anyway you like, just remember to adjust the syn values.

sounds great but just 1 question... can you buy mincemeat all year round?

Also, do you think I could adapt the recipe and add some hot chocolate powder?

I've got a recipe for a lemon cous cous cake... here goes:
4 oz cous cous
2 beaten eggs
5 tablespoons sweetener
juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons lemon curd
200g quark
1tsp baking powder

put the cous cous in boiling water to absorb (not too much else becomes runny cake) drain fluid and mix with rest of ingredients. Put into non-stick tin and bake for 45 mins on gas 5.

Can replace lemon curd with marmalade and orange juice.

How did yours turn out? I am considering whizzing the cous cous so that it doesn't come out like little cous cous pieces at the end... much rather it turn out like the chickpea cake, all light and fluffy. (well, as light as it can be without the flour etc)

hi Phishfood just seen your post.

Unfortunately, my cake was :sign0137:

it was ever so heavy (maybe use less couscous next time and 1 more egg) and even though I put lots and lots of lemon curd in it didn't turn out lemony at all.

maybe I had set my hopes too high and I was expecting it to turn out like a nice sponge cake or something??

Back