I hate myself

Candlewix

Down boy!
OK...I know that sounds harsh....but why do I overeat like this an sabotage all my good work???
I lost 3stone last year, started in May, and finished off at the end of Nov to 'have a break'....and now look at me. My bra is too tight again, the lovely feeling I had about myself is gone, when I look in the mirror all that looks back at me is FAT FAILURE.....eeeek!!!
Sorry to rant on...but I am so angry and dissapointed with myself...I thought I had cracked it...this food obsession....ugh.
Anyway, started again today with a few milkshakes I had left over. Going to get weighed on Monday, probably die of shock when the pharmacist tell me how much I have gained...again.
Oh the snakes and ladders of it all.
Will keep you posted....sigh!!!!

Hiya Candlewix...

Dont be hard on yourself!

Im back.. and when i started I was back where I started last year aswell...

I havent mastered the key to maintaining yet but im definatley going to reading through Jans, Tanya and Marys maintenance diarys and see what their secret is!

I hated myself too when i realised how much I weighed again and how I had undone all my hard work and I know I definatley do not want to feel like that again!

Best of luck restarting Candle xxx

Thanks Chelly

Aaaah, the lovely Chelly. I remember following your threads the first time I did LT. I found you so inspiring then and encouraging.
Phew, I feel a bit better knowing I am not alone out there and that we are all on the same road.
Good luck with your journey too.
Gonna watch this space ;)

Candlewix do you think you are on the right diet plan for you. Why don't you have a look at the food diaries of other forum members & see if you think you could follow something else which would suit you better.

You need something which you can stick to for life not just a quick fix.

Good luck with the weight loss:)

Candlewix do you think you are on the right diet plan for you. Why don't you have a look at the food diaries of other forum members & see if you think you could follow something else which would suit you better.

You need something which you can stick to for life not just a quick fix.

Good luck with the weight loss:)

Very wise words indeed, in fact exactly what my daughter said......" don't overeat you can't be on milkshakes for the rest of your life".
However, I am going to give it one last whirl....losing the weigh quickly does help to inspire....and then I will research another eating plan....something I should have done before the dreaded Xmas FEAST ( also known as a gigantic eat-a-thon )!!!!:cry:
This food addiction goes deeper I fear, we all know what and how we should be eating....but never manage to 'get' there....well, not me anyway!! Waaaaaa!!!

i can only wish you well and good look.chin up and keep smiling:)

Good luck lovey - guess we must all feel a bit like that or why else would be be here on this mad diet. Hope you can find comfort and encouragement from the lovely people on the forum

xx

Welcome back to LT :) Dont be too harsh on yourself this maintaining lark and an easy road - its the most hardest thing ive ever tried to do!

Good luck for this time round :) x

I havent mastered the key to maintaining yet but im definatley going to reading through Jans, Tanya and Marys maintenance diarys and see what their secret is!

:giggle: no secret & no mastering it just yet - its bloomin' ard work this malarky aint it! lol

Hey Candle :) you can do this. Yes its tough but so worth it in the end. There will be blips along the way but that is life in general - these things are sent to test and try us and we become so much stronger when we beat them. With regardst to the food addiction, some plum told me the other day - "its just like giving up smoking - thats hard but it can be done" to which I replied " you dont need to smoke to stay alive!!! " lol.

We can do this, its only a temporary thing and we will learn that food is a fuel and nothing more. It does not make us happy, it does not make us rich, it does make us a better person - too much and it makes us fat! (sorry almost preaching to myself there lol).

Good luck you can do this

Welcome back to LT :) Dont be too harsh on yourself this maintaining lark and an easy road - its the most hardest thing ive ever tried to do!

Good luck for this time round :) x

Wow...look at you Miss Emma Bunton lookalike...you have done sooo well...and yes you are right...this 'aint easy. Undoing old long trenched in habits is not going to be done overnight... I just hope when I weigh in on Monday the damage isn't so much that I totally just give up and drown in a chicken balti smothered with a choc fudge sunday....aaaaargh...:wave_cry:

:giggle: no secret & no mastering it just yet - its bloomin' ard work this malarky aint it! lol
Oh yeah...'aint that the truth sister...lol!! Thanks for the support ;)

Hi Candle

There are a lot of us re-starters...unfortunately and sadly...so, the trick is to try and understand why we eat the way we do when we are hit with choice!

What has happened has happened and you need to move on now!

If you have deeper issues, then LT isnt always the answer ( I have an ED) and I know that LT wont help me longterm. I am going on an Eating Disorder course (was suppose to be this month but now postponed to April). Maybe this is something you should talk to your GP about or investigate yourself.

Good luck and just keep looking forward and learning as you go along.

hey babe,

you aren't alone, lots of people here are in the same boat as you, life is a journey and we all have to learn from our mistakes. tfr is great at getting you to goal, but really when we get there thats when the real journey begins, hopefully this time you will be so aware of how quickly you can undo all that hard work. every meal really does count, and we need to adapt a long term healthy eating plan for life.

good luck and i hope we all never see you here again! lol xoxoxox

Dont hate your self thats the worste thing to do!!!!!

Hi Candlewix, don't worry you're not alone, I did LT last year and ended up overeating and putting it all back on again, and now my jeans barely fit me, infact I think if i wasn't re-starting LT tomorrow within a few weeks my jeans wouldn't fit at all, I'm in THAT DEEP, I FEEL YOUR PAIN SISTER! lol

Hi
You asked why you sabotaged your success last year - If you're like me (and I believe, most of us on this forum) you probably have a problem with (ie an addiction to) food. It's a serious issue, and unlike tobacco, drugs or alcohol it's not really recognised and people (and ourselves) just blame a lack of will power. I have done loads of reading, thinking and talking whilst on LT and I think we should all use the break form food to asses our attitude to it. LT is NOT an answer to our problems, but it is a way to wipe the slate clean and start again in our relationship with food. Starting a healthy eating plan when you're Class II obese (as I was) seems pointless, but now I'm a much more healthy weight it (I truly hope) will feel more worth the effort.

I hope I'm not rambling too much, and that you start to believe in yourself, respect yourself, and lose the weight for yourself. It's unlikely you'll succeed if you don't think you're worth it.

Good luck

Jon

There are certainly a few of us in the same boat hun so dont beat yourself up over it, we will all have to learn to maintain better.

Candlewix, you are soooo not alone. You have expressed how just about everyone on this forum feels. LT is no quick fix and I think many of us make the mistake of thinking it is. Take the time on LT to think seriously about food, your relationship with it and how you will manage when you come off it.
Good luck with the trip to the pharmacy and chin up and get on with this journey to a new you.

Hi Candlewix, don't worry you're not alone, I did LT last year and ended up overeating and putting it all back on again, and now my jeans barely fit me, infact I think if i wasn't re-starting LT tomorrow within a few weeks my jeans wouldn't fit at all, I'm in THAT DEEP, I FEEL YOUR PAIN SISTER! lol

Ha, ha....lub you brother...we can do THIS!!!!:p

Hi
You asked why you sabotaged your success last year - If you're like me (and I believe, most of us on this forum) you probably have a problem with (ie an addiction to) food. It's a serious issue, and unlike tobacco, drugs or alcohol it's not really recognised and people (and ourselves) just blame a lack of will power. I have done loads of reading, thinking and talking whilst on LT and I think we should all use the break form food to asses our attitude to it. LT is NOT an answer to our problems, but it is a way to wipe the slate clean and start again in our relationship with food. Starting a healthy eating plan when you're Class II obese (as I was) seems pointless, but now I'm a much more healthy weight it (I truly hope) will feel more worth the effort.

I hope I'm not rambling too much, and that you start to believe in yourself, respect yourself, and lose the weight for yourself. It's unlikely you'll succeed if you don't think you're worth it.

Good luck

Jon

Hey Jon,
Heavens, you are not rambling and thanks for taking the time out to 'cheer' me on.
This IS the hardest journey of all. I wish it was alcohol I had to give up instead of food....don't need alcohol...but FOOD, man, its all around, winking from every corner and we do need to eat, but WHAT and HOW MUCH....ugh.
Spurred on from all you lovely folk, its batten down the hatches...this is WAR baby....can't let it beat me. ;)
Starting to like myself a bit more again...well my fighting spirit anyway!!

Back