I hate slipping up and going back to square one.

RaspberryOatmeal

Which is perpetually the case for me!
I'm really determined to curb this bad habit once and for all. I diet for like 5 days, slip up and binge the next day, resulting in me starting all over again. It sucks.

This annoying habit of mine has been going on for way too long, and if I want to destroy this habit of mine, I'm going to have to put in the work. The thing is, I don't find dieting hard, it's just that recently I've been too careless and lazy to say "no" to certain things.

A common catchphrase of mine is: "My diet starts tomorrow." I think that's beginning to wear pretty thin now, lol. :/

I think joining these forums, sticking notes around my room, and putting the ticker in my signature will motivate me. I find that slight *reminders* like these to get towards my goal weight will actually help and encourage me greatly for some reason.

The reason I want to lose weight is to gain that wonderful sense of achievement. When you lose weight, you feel as if you've accomplished something - even if it is just something as minimal as 3 pounds.

So, hopefully, this is the start of my journey towards healthier and a more balanced (and disciplined ;)) way of eating...and losing lots more weight!

P.S. Sorry about my rambling.

If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got.

It's a terrible cliche I know but I love this saying, it's scrawled at random points throughout my diary. And it motivates me no end, although even that isn't quite doing the job at the mo. This is the longest I have ever lasted on a diet and I think it's got to the point where I just need to step back and let myself cruise for a bit before going back strong at it. Hoping not to undo too much hard work in the meantime.

Sorry Marshkipan, I don't seem to have responded to your post at all, just waffled. Oops!

Aw Marshkipan - I really hope you do it this time around. Just keep remembering how it feels to lose - that sense of pride and accomplishment!

Back