I HATE this!! Feel like crying :-(

JestersTear

Silver Member
I'm so depressed - I've lost almost 4 stone but I'm still paranoid about fitting into seats!
I have to attend a prize giving on Wednesday and our seats are up in the balcony and I have had to arrange with the Hall to go tomorrow morning and prectise sitting in one of the seats to make sure I'm not embarrassed on the night.
I'm so fed up about having to double think like this.
It's got better, I can't deny it - i don;t have to worry about going to the cinema any more but this is somewhere I've never been before and the seats have been described to me as being 'thin cinema seats'..

I could cry, I really could, it's so unfair.
If I can't fit in the seat, then I can't attend...and I'm supposed to be going, with the family, to the reception afterwards. If I can't go, then that's going to effect everyone else as well :-(

You poor thing! I can really relate to this- I put off going to Alton Towers with friends for years for this reason.

The important thing to remember is that you are doing something about it. You loss so far has been tremendous and you should be immenseley proud of how far you have come.

I really hope thigs are ok at the practise tomorrow. I am sure they will be and you are being ultra cautious.

Hugs for you, mate
xxxxxxx

Dont be depressed, you dont deserve to be. You have done so well........4 stone I am finding it difficult to lose a llb.

Just go tomorrow and worry about whether you fit in the seats then. You probably will do and you would of been worrying for nothing.

I do emphase with you though I am dreading going on holiday as I dont think the tray will fit down.

Just think shortly you wont have this problem. Good luck and please cheer up.:)

It's just that this is the last prize night - if I miss this one, there won't be another and the OH's son is getting his first award. He's left to uni now, so this won't happen again. This is an once, only, occasion.

Awwww honey :-(

I can see why you're upset - I would be too. And I know that nothing I say right now will make a jot of difference because it's looming and causing you stress.

But no matter what - remember how WELL YOU HAVE DONE!!! You're doing fabulously and not only taken the difficult step in even starting, but have stayed with it and lost a significant amount of weight. You may still have a way to go and have to think these things through still, but you're doing so well.

I hope it all goes better than you think and you have fun.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs xxx

I have an idea. If you dont fit into the sit, come up with some lame excuse like you have hurt your knee and cannot bend it, so could you stand up at the back.

Worth a try that way you can still go.

The others have said it all Hun.
Just go tomorrow and see how it all turns out. Im sure you will have found that you have worried over nothing.
You really have done so well and you should praise your achievements yourself. Just think....what if you hadnt lost 4 stone?

I just want to say well done for losing four stone - you are really an inspiration.

In regard to the hall, I know you said that they are thin theatre seats, but have all the seats been assigned? Do they have riseable arms? (I don't go to the theatre much so am not sure of the styles) The reason I ask is that if they haven't been assigned and at least one arm on an aisle seat will raise would that help if you can get one of those seats?

Liz

I think the reason that I'm so upset about this is that the reason I gave my consultant last year for wanting to lose weight, was so that i wouldn;t have to worry about seats any more, and yet, here I am again.... :-(

I am not sure how thin cinema seats can be, but I should have thought they were more or less of a standard size and you say yourself that you have no problem with them. Could be that you will have no problem with these either and as someone else said that you are being overcautious.

I can understand the feeling though, you indicate that you have had problems with seats in the past and this is bringing those old fears back. However, you have a lot of weight since then and as I say above the seats could well be fine.

Best wishes for tomorrow

Liz

I do not often reply, and often lurk, my journey has been completed once before and now it starts all over again, and my numbers are VERY similar to yours, I have almost got my 10% badge maybe next week - BUT your thread really struck a chord with me...

Firstly - Imagine a few months ago you wouldbn't have even CONSIDERED attending. Now you are attending a practice!! NOW if the worst happens just do as the other poster suggested and simply stand at the back for the presentation, make out you have a bad back and if you sit down you may have trouble getting up! YOU have done tremedously well, but like me we still have a wee way to go BUT you know what WE are gonna do it, and come xmas you will not have to think about seat problems again. And as my dad says to me - ".. it didn't go on in 6 months its not gonna ALL come off in six months.."

You are doing fab, hope the practice goes well, I am SURE you will be fine - and if not, you have a plan B. :D

Hope you did not mind me posting :eek:

Of course I don't mind you posting *hug* all support is great!

The thought of this has really brought me down, I must admit, and I'm really hoping that I'll be wrong and will actually have no problems when I go for a practise sit tomorrow - I just have a bad feeling that I'm right

Oh no !! Dont feel sad sweetie of course you will fit, you fit fine on to our skinny plastic things at group so a balcony theatre type seat should be no problems. And just think it could be a hundred times worse hun, you could still be having to wi with"The Woman" rather than at my fabtacular group.

True...

I'll not be at group on Wednesday (well, unless I can't fit, in which case I'll be there) although I going really early just to get weighed x

Jes,

I hope that the practice went well and you were just being over cautious. It may just be that you mind needs to catch up with the fact that you have done such a FABBY job having lost 4 stone, in the same way that some other people take clothes 2 or 3 sizes bigger than they are now into the changing room out of habbit.

I am sure that you will fit and that this is the end to you having to think about this type of problem.

You have done so well losing 4 stone, I hope the seat is ok and you get to go to the awards :) keep up the good work honey x

Back