I have a brilliant CDC.

Bess

Plod, plod, plod.....
I can't recommend my CD highly enough. I've lost my way with this diet, not realising that by not sticking to it properly but by still eating sensibly I wouldn't continue to lose weight. I've been having a day of SS followed by a day of SS+, followed by a mixture including sensible eating and the occasional glass of wine. All this has been prompted by social events. If I had no friends or family this diet would be much easier to follow!
I've been feeling really miserable and cross with myself too for being pathetic about it. My CD rang me in the week for my order, and when I said that I'd still got 25 CD meals left, she was still happy to come out to see me and weigh me even though she didn't earn anything.
She said it was all part of her job and she was just wants to help me through to the end. I really wish I'd taken more notice of KD who warned me to be so careful coming off the diet for my daughter's wedding - I'd be done by now.:( Still, I'm learning all the time, time to pick myself up and get on with it.
My CDC and I sat at the kitchen table, she understood completely, explained that the plans need to be followed to the letter and why, and is going to ring me every evening to keep me on track. I think she's a star! So if anyone is looking for an excellent CDC to the west of Wolverhampton ( who travels to clients as well) I don't think you could do better than Jackie.
I still need lots of support from you guys please, but at least I know what I'm aiming for again. 810 plan for me this week - followed to the letter! There are two goals very close to each other to keep me focussed - our wedding anniversary and a wedding, both in the middle of August.

Aww she sounds lovely :) Good luck getting back on track!

Good luck with doing this Bess. It can be hard with social events. Some people either do them and stick to plan, avoid them altogether or have a day off. I tend to do a combination of the last 2, but have found it no problem getting back on track thankfully.

I did last time so can empathise with you. You've done fab though and hardly anything left to lose! Well done you x

Its great your CDC is so supportive. Mine is really friendly and accomidating in seeing me (like this week when i was so close to packing it in he fit me in that day for WI)

You've done so well with your loss - and you know what yeah you probably would be on target now if you hadnt took time off for the wedding etc. BUT lives for living in my opinion. Your daughters wedding is a once in a life thing for her, i personally think not being on plan for that is the right thing to do.

I have my birthday coming up on Wednesday, and my hen do end of July, ive decided to stay on plan all through July (incl b'day) and come off for 4 days over hen do. I guess its about weighing up how important the event/thing is - but for me i only ever plan on having one hen night, birthdays come and go.

Good luck for the rest of your weightloss

You have come a long way and not much left. You CAN do this in time for August and be looking and feeling fantastic. Well done so far and good luck with the rest!

My CDC is truly terrible Bess so huge congratulations on finding such a fab one! She doesnt give a monkey's whether I'm ok, struggling or eating for England - she just takes the money and runs - and I HAVE found it hard over this last month as I've had 4 large social events which have centred on food. If it wasnt for the lovely people on this forum, I'd have jacked it in long ago. My last party is tonight and I'm going to enjoy it and then get back on CD ss 100% in the morning - I owe it to myself to give it a good go. Please don't underestimate how hard this diet is to cope with in the real world and how difficult is can be to resist what has put us all here in the first place. Its a lifetime habit that was probably formed in us before we knew what a habit was so its going to take a lot to break it and we shouldnt give ourselves a hard time when we stumble. I don't think its the stumbling thats the problem, its the staying on the floor that stops us getting back on it. We're too hard on ourselves arent we? Ooops sorry - that was a bit of a ramble wasnt it? It made me feel better though! Hope it helped you a bit too!!!! xxxxx

It does, Wannabee and thankyou to all of you who replied, it all really helps.
I've had porridge, mushroom soup and my 810 chicken and broccoli just now.
A bar and a cafetiere of black coffee later on and that'll be it for today. I've nearly finished the first two litres of water as well.
Jackie is my third CDC,and definately the best one. I do sympathise with all of you who have a poor one, I can only suggest that you try to find another. But I know for sure that I wouldn't have got this far without all of you on this forum and I really appreciate your support. :thankyou:
xxx

OOOOOOH!!!! WE HAVE THE SAME CDC I THINK!!! Jackie umm Johnson? Short darkish hair? What a small world if it is!

I love her, she's brilliant! Lots of texts all the time, and is really supportive. I couldn't recommend her more either!

Yep, that's the one! Isn't she brilliant? And quite new to it all I think.

What a small world!!! Yeah she really is. I text her tonight actually saying not to expect much of a loss tomorrow, if anything at all because it's not been a great week. And she's so supportive. She's definitely a good one! I see to remember her saying she hadn't been doing it very long. Did you see last week she's now got that blob which looks and feels like 1lb of fat, and obviously weighs 1lb too. It disgusted me!! I see her tomorrow evening actually. Not looking forward to it at all! :-s

Jackie mentioned the fat blob, but I haven't seen it yet! Is it revolting? You've done very well, don't worry about tomorrow's weigh in, I'm sure you'll be fine. :) Good luck anyway and let us know how you get on!
I've just finished my bar - cranberry, yum. Drinking black coffee too, there's quite a lot of that left. I think there's another pint of water to drink, but I'll sip that through the evening.

I never get enough water down me! Ever! I'm sure it doesn't help me. I regularly don't have all my packs either, which probably doesn't help either! I saw it on the umm... piano? I think it's a piano anyway, I can't remember now! ha It's odd. You can see about them at mypetfat What day do you normally weigh in?

Oh Yuk!!!! Ugh!! It's revolting!!:yuk:
I usually am weighed on Saturday, at home, but this week Jackie can't do Saturday so it's Sunday instead. I am really pleased because I've stopped mucking about with the diet and am back on track (it's still hard though :() and I can see my home scales going down.
Have you treid the water flavourings to help you drink the amount you need? And you really do need all your packs, they supply all the nutrients you need, but I expect you know that.
Good luck with the weigh in!

Yeah Jackie had an open Sunshine Orange, apparently she'd tried it and didn't like it much, so she let me have it. It's ok I guess. As I'm on the 1000 plan I can drink Diet Coke etc as well. Managed to get my full quote of fluids yesterday which was nice! I really do like her, I think she's a great CDC. I love that she keeps up with us in the week with lots of texts etc. I've seen a bit of a drop in my scale readings in the last couple of days which is nice, seemed to be all the end of the week, but then it's been my totm too, so may be why. According to my scales I'm 3lbs down, almost, I think!

Oh well done you! That's good, 3lbs. I can see my home scales moving in the right direction at last, but they aren't very good so I'll wait to confirm on Jackie's on Sunday.
I've been fine on 810 since Saturday, but Jackie's nightly phone call really helps. Totm definately slows losses I think, but the larger drop the following week is nice!

I love her texts, they really do help! I did mention to her that we were both on here and it took a couple of minutes for her to try and figure out who you were but mention of wedding did it! She said that you often said about minimins, and I said I have to agree! While Jackie is great and so so supportive, I don't want to run to her every 5 minutes every time I have a question or find it hard, though I'm sure she wouldn't mind. But that's why this forum is great, I feel ok to do that, because it's not all on one person, if that makes sense!!

Hi Caroline,

Jackie's just been and another 5lbs lost. Her help has been invaluable, particularly this week after I had lost my way a bit.
So that's exactly 4 stones in 5 months. :)
I'm on 1000cals a day now for a week or two.
I quite agree with you about the support of other minimins friends too. I know I wouldn't have lost this weight without the help and encouragement of people on here. Good luck, keep in touch! x

Wow, 5lbs is a great loss, well done you!! You're almost at goal now, which is amazing. You've done so well! Not sure I'll be doing so well this week, but I'm just not going to worry about it! I'm impressed with myself today though, turned down a bbq, burger, hog roast bap thing, ice cream, cake, sweets, loads of stuff! At one point I found myself trying to decide which would do the least damage, but soon snapped out of it, and the least damage would be done by having now of it of course.

What willpower - go you!!!!

Back