I have a confession to make - please help me?

It sounds like you just had 'diet fatigue' :( but at least you are looking forward to getting back on plan. :cool:

As for being the same weight in March and October....you have overlooked the two most important things. :eek:
1. YOU managed to lose the 'same weight' more than once. So since you have 'practised' it a couple of times, losing it now for 'real' should be a doddle!!! :D :p
2. Pre SW, could you have imagined being the same weight from any March to October and NOT having put on ANY weight ?!?!?!!?? :confused: (I know that most of us on here couldn't)

Now for the ever-so-gentle kick up the bum time......

Be KIND to yourself.
Take CARE of yourself.
FORGIVE yourself.
LOVE yourself.

NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME TO START !!!!!

While you are ill be KIND to yourself. Give your body the best chance to heal itself, and give it some good food. :)

Once you are better, take CARE of yourself. YOU alone know how being on plan makes you feel. :)

What's done is done. FORGIVE yourself, and get rid of your guilt. YOU are the only one blaming you, and feeling disappointed. :)

Now for the hard one, LOVE yourself. Embrace your achievements. Embrace the challenges to come. Embrace the fulfilments of goals. Or even better, get someone else to embrace you. ;) :D

You seem to have turned a corner and this is the perfect time NOT TO LOOK BACK !!!!

Sorry for such a long, rambling reply but I had to. You are an inspiration (not only with your weight loss) but with the care you put into all YOUR replies.

And besides, when you aren't on here, 'I miss you interrupting my leisure to report a hungry!!!!! LMAO (I LOVE LOLCATS !!!! pmsl).

Aw Jess, try not to feel too down, you dont want to get too disheartened because yourll go back to 1 stone!
A woman in our group at christmas was 2lbs off from her 4 stone award, when she got back from christmas she'd kept off '2stone 12' she got her 4 stone award last night. Hope that makes you feel abit better? Best of luck Jess, just keep with it x

Well done Jess, yesterday was a very good start - not *bad* is GOOD!!!

I assume you've seen your GP about your chest infection and swollen feet, and are following his advice.

You've thought about your exercise bike and Wii Fit. Next step is to do just a few minutes on either, or better still both, just to get you motivated.

It's great that your OH is supportive. Get that 3 month countdown tonight - the cash you'll save by not giving in to a takeaway will help towards the cost, and the commitment is VITAL at this stage.

You're a lot stronger than you think you are. Being so open and honest on here is a really good start, and you CAN now change things around - you started that yesterday IMO.

I endorse all that Lonestitcher has said, and I too really miss the black cat when you stop posting!

You WILL move on from here, and no, we WON'T leave you, we'll support you all the way. Remember too, advice that people give you helps many, many others who read it.

P.S. frugal fifer, please stop lurking and start posting again - we miss you, and LOTS of us are in the same boat at present!

Yep, am just coming to the end of a course of antibiotics for the chest infection - I'm hoping that the swollen feet is related to that, but if it's a weight gain then I'm hoping that they'll sort themselves out over the next few days - if not, then I'll go back and mention them.

Finished the last of the rice crispies today, so won't be buying more of those as I can't measure them, I just have to have a HUGE bowlful!

Bought some grapes this morning to try and get myself back into fruit mode - have had 'on plan' meals now since Tuesday morning, so I'm hoping, against hope, that this might counter any massive weight loss...
I'm starting to feel frustrated that I can't do as much as I'd like due to shortness of breath. I shall wait for a few days after the antibiotics are finishing and if there's no improvement I shall go back to the GP about that as well.
I will update my sig after I know the damage tonight, I think....give me something to do tomorrow instead of eating!

Well, so far have been on plan 100% today *yay*

Was very frustrated last night at class though, as they had the 'biggest loser' award and the person that won has only lost 4lbs more than me. If I hadn't have been struggling since Christmas, that might have been mine! :-(

Keep up the focus honey - take it one day at a time, and soon you will have done a full 100% week before you know it! I am always slipping up on plan - we are HUMAN after all, and there are people who can be 100% all the time, but i am not one of them! :D

Good luck - you CAN do it, oh and if you want me to keep you in check just shout, i can be a scary bear sometimes (*grrr*) :D xxxx

Great re-start Jes! Going to class (pity about the 'biggest loser', but don't dwell on it), your gain is not as bad as you feared, you've had a good day today AND you've changed your signature!

It's so good that you are much more positive than before. Hang on in there, build on today, remember those "baby" steps - one meal at a time - and you really CAN do this!

Good Luck for the next few days Jes, and do keep posting!

Well done on all these positive steps. You are fantastic, good luck with the rest of the week x

Thanks both!
I only had 8 syns yesterday, and that was an extra slice of bread and 2tsbl of extra low fat marg for the two slices I had.
I have to go to a funeral this afternoon, and am hoping that there's no food laid on, but I'll have had my lunch before going out and if I have anything I'll try and make good choices.
Now, if anyone can suggest a cure of this cold I've now developed, I;d be grateful *feels rough*

Honey, Lemon and Warm Water they say does the trick, but haven't tried it myself. Drink loads of water too!

Back