I Have A Confession

squiddie

Getting fit for 30!
Well boys and girls, I have confession to make. My halo has been slipping over the passed few weeks and is now wedged over my stomach as I have been rather naughty.

:angeldevil: :sign0007:.
I have been having one day on; one day off, not by choice it's just been turning out that way! Thing is I've been losing at the same rate, but I am a bit worried with being 1lb away from 4st lost I am going to put it all on this week. Unlikely I know, but metal isn't designed to fly and look what happened there!!

Are there any psychologists in the house who can explain whats going on!? I've dropped 2 dress sizes and a whole bunch of inches too and think I'm getting complacent, plus I've been away from you lovely people.

I am really going to try this week (starting today) and if I gain anything less than 6lbs this week that will be fabulous (I am not "peeling" my 3.5st sticker off!

Rant over my lovely's!

Love and hugs all round,

Natt xxx

I don't think it's psychology, just that you've been gradually inching towards what you can and can't get away with. The diet works, this much we know, and it's still working when you have your halo slip days, then it stops, and as soon as you get back on the SW bandwagon, it begins to work again.

So far you've gotten away with it for the most part, so you've pushed your body to it's SW limit, so to speak. If your losses have been small then imagine how much bigger they will be once you're on plan all the time.

It all depends on how fast do you really want to get there. Do you want size 12 jeans or do you want extra doughnuts/chips/insert foodie vice here?

If the answer coming out of your mouth is jeans whilst in your head its doughnuts then there's the reason why you keep cheating.

You'll get there hun, I mean 4 stone!! What an achievement! That's MY goal, and you've DONE it! xxx

Hi Natt
You have done brilliantly - I believe that it is the worry that is making you resort back to old habits. Listen to what you are saying to yourself to justify the things you are doing... Is it something like "I still feel fat even though I have lost 4 stone". If it is change the words around to "I am amazing, I have nearly lost 4 stone and well on my way to the next stone, I am doing this for me, I am living a much healthier life". Sometimes by changing your inner chatterbox (which can be quite destructive) we can change the way we behave.

I am sure you will get much better advice - but just a thought.

You are brilliant and have done fantastically well.

Love
Rosie xx

squiddie i know exxctly how u feel, thats like me cos i hvae gone down 2 dress sizes and lost 2 stone im thinking sod it i can eat what i want, why do we do this, i still got another 2 stone to loose, so i dont know wats wrong with me xxxxx

i have been thinking exactly the same and have now kicked myself up the bum and now am back on it seriously i have 4 weeks till holidays with birthday week in this. so my aim is to lose 6lbs between now and my hols (includes a bit of a gain on my bday week) so hoping for 2lbs a week

I think that sometimes we sabotage ourselves without even realising it. We (or I used to) put so much emphasis on how great life would be when we are slim etc that I think you almost scare yourself and as the weight drops you slow it down - I'm not sure this makes sense but I did a lot of work on this for myself. I think I thought what happens if I dont have this great life when I am slim, so if I am not slim I won't have to deal with it.
Luckily I worked through and now love watching my shape change and have confidence I didn't know existed.
A great idea is to write a list of for's and against why you want to slip. It is a list only you ever see and when you find your motivation slipping check it out.
Good luck with getting back on track and hitting target

You said it yourself Natt, you are just becoming a little complacent because you have been doing so well and more importantly are looking and feeling better, but you are also so sensible and you know when it's time to get back on the plan again.

Good luck for a good weight loss next week. X

I went through this a few weeks ago at around my halfway mark, which has always been where I gave up (and put it all back on plus some more! Everyone responded to my plea for a kick up the bum and I got going again.
But you recognised this and have kicked yourself up the bum! You can do this, and we don't want you to go quiet again! We missed you!

Hey Hun. Just Reading your post. What you are actually doing is rewarding your efforts so far in the only way you know how. It happens to us all, believe me!
I'm glad to hear that you are getting yourself back into the thick of it now. Come on, just think how much further down you'll be by Christmas!!!!
Xxxx

Natt, you have done so well, and it's easy to get complacent and slip but you are way too sensible to slip for long.
You have been such an inspiration to so many and have given brilliant advice.
Thank you for that, and good luck (not that you need it) to get right back and continue losing brilliantly like you already have.

Squiddie, I believe in you so much. What would you be telling someone else who posted your thread. You have had so many words of wisdom you are like a SW guru to me. Get back on that saddle and keep riding xxxx

You sound as though you have been doing really well and i totally believe the posts about rewarding yourself how you know and that we all jepordise our weight loss at some point. I know for me in the past it was "well i know this diet works, so it doesnt matter if i gain a few pounds as i know it will come off!"...i gained a further 4 stone :(

Back