I have a problem...................

curlywurly1234

Cambridge Consultant
I have turned into a serial shopper... I just cannot stop shopping!! Its really bad but I just cant stop myself... things are only lasting for such a small amount of time as well but there is just know stopping me... I am getting a bundle together and then going to put on ebay.. as I have jeans that I have only worn say twice and then they are two big..

I LOVE SHOPPING, I now have a new addiction xx

I can imagine that I'm going to get like this! I'm trying to stop myself buying things, only sale items! Luckily for me I suppose I can't afford new clothes at the moment, so that's stopping me for now! I think though it's good in a way buying the clothes, you've worked damn hard to lose that weight and so you should get treated in return!

Ha ha curly I can sympathise really i can i am finding myself buying so much stuff clothing and cosmetics i have to keep hiding them from the other half or insisting ive had them for ages or given them by a friend to make matters worse im meant to be saving for our wedding but i keep getting tempted by all the lovely clothes and make up! Im off to the la zenza sale tomorrow im in need of new underwear this time his paying so ill have to try and curb the spending or maybe just go back when his at work lol!!

Ha ha curly I can sympathise really i can i am finding myself buying so much stuff clothing and cosmetics i have to keep hiding them from the other half or insisting ive had them for ages or given them by a friend to make matters worse im meant to be saving for our wedding but i keep getting tempted by all the lovely clothes and make up! Im off to the la zenza sale tomorrow im in need of new underwear this time his paying so ill have to try and curb the spending or maybe just go back when his at work lol!!

Barnsie, you so deserve it hon, you have done so incredibly well you really have.. your at goal Im not there yet lol ..

I keep buying cosmetics to I went with a friend yesterday as she wanted to buy something for her wedding day anyway we found a powder puff type thing from Benefit (which I get most of my makeup from anyway) which had like glitter in it so she got it and of course I had to buy one too... URGHHH I really liked it . but I just cant stop xxxx

I don't see the problem hon, you so deserve to treat yourself and lets face it, an addiction to shopping is better than an addiction to food. I have taken to raiding my friends wardrobes for a little while until I am where I want to be. Fortunately I have very accomodating friends lol. xx

i'm exactly the same and i'm not even near goal!
I'm buying anything that says size 14 on the label
the problem is...i bough 2 suits in size 16 about 3 weeks ago and they are already too big :( My DH is going to go loopy if i tell him i need new suits....
think i might have to rethink the whole shopping thing else i might end up divorced! :( lol
x
xx

Me too, so novel being able to go into the shops and buy a size 12 dress or top and size 10 jeans that I keep going mad.... bought 2 new blouses yesterday and a dress the day before that...

Hi Curly:)

I agree with Wabbit, shopping addiction is better than food addiction, plus you deserve it, just dont turn into a shopoholic, that could get messy, lol, cant wait to get addicted too tho! X

Curly, I have yet to go down your route, but im sure in another month or so, I could really be doing some damage to my finances, but hey ho we deseve it dont we.

This is me too. Keep buying stuff. gave myself the wedding excuse as treated myself to estee lauder cosmetics (£160 worth) and lots of new clothes for honeymoon. i know i have to stop but just so happy to be able to buy size 12. I chucked all my bigger clothes but wished i had sold them on ebay as many were hardly worn or new. i even had size 16s in my wardrobe that i bought to 'slim into' which i somehow bypassed and never wore because now too big!

ive already asked for new clothes for my bday in 2 weeks.
I have to agree its better than the crappy food i was buying before and at least im buying clothes i actually like and wear rather than making do with ones that fit.

i did exactly the same the last time i did cambridge before finding out i was regnant and sold all my bigger clothes on ebay. this time i still have all the clothes from last time as i always knew i would be coming back to the diet and i wasted so much money before i just buy a few bits so i look decent when im off out somewhere and live in trackies and baggy tops in the house lol, im on maternity pay so cant afford it now

Lou
xxx

Glad it's not just me! I popped to Tesco this morning for water, Perfectly Clear and Fairy tabs, and came out with 2 tops, a pair of shorts and 2 dresses haha! Sadly 1 of the dresses does not do up round my boobies, so will have to take it back. It looked so nice over my tum and hips though! Will go to Bravissimo and get 1 from there instead :)

xxxxx

I'm having the same problem so I'm sticking to cheap places like George at Asda. Bought a new pair of jeans for £8 ;) I didn't see the point in spending a good amount of money on a pair of jeans that will (hopefully!) only last me a couple of weeks before joining the pile of neglected clothes that are too big for me now.

But the only reason I'm not spending more is that I was a serial spender before anyway, and I'm terrified that if I let myself loose in more expensive shops I won't have the money to pay my CDC at the end of the week!! :eek:

To be honest though, this thriftiness is killing me so good on you people who are having a little splurge. You deserve it :)

Back