I have arrived...!

Rannoch

Hello everyone,

I've just found the forum and can't believe it's taken me this long to think about finding a weight loss forum to help me. I've been attending Slimming World meetings since June this year and have lost a 1 1/2 stones having previously lost 4 stones with WW and then put 3 back on again! It's a slow journey for me and I'm now yo-yo-ing up and down around the same 2-4lbs a week, or maintaining.

This is a common pattern with me and I get to this stage and then think "b*gger it" and give up. Within 12 - 18 months the weight piles back on and I'm back where I started from. :break_diet:

Gosh, this sounds a very whingy first post! I'm not really a depressing ol' bag - on to pleasanter things, am 35, married with 1 gorgeous son and a mad scottish terrier called Havoc.

Hope to be here a lot and any advice about overcoming this stumbling block would be greatly appreciated! :D

Hi and welcome! You will find this a wonderful place for advice, a good laugh and plenty of support.

I'm not following any real 'plan'; I've dieted on and off for 35 of my 50 years and am now trying the healthy eating thing. Lots of good stuff for my body because I deserve it. Cutting back some of the sweet stuff and nibbles. Cutting down the alch etc... It's going to be slow but steady and thats what i need.

Whats your plan?

Hi and welcome to minimins. This is the best place to be for help, support and advice. If you have a look at the top, in the big blue band there is a link to tutorials, this will give you all the information you need and lots of help to find your way around the site. There is also a link to the inspirational slideshow, which shows piccies of people who have done a diet, or are on their journey, and shows progress. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and someone will always be able to help you.

Once again, welcome and good luck with your weight loss journey x x x

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your weight loss. You could also start a diary thread in the SW section for extra support

Irene xx

Hi and welcome! :D
I'm sure you will find plenty of support here!

Hello everyone,

I've just found the forum and can't believe it's taken me this long to think about finding a weight loss forum to help me. I've been attending Slimming World meetings since June this year and have lost a 1 1/2 stones having previously lost 4 stones with WW and then put 3 back on again! It's a slow journey for me and I'm now yo-yo-ing up and down around the same 2-4lbs a week, or maintaining.

This is a common pattern with me and I get to this stage and then think "b*gger it" and give up. Within 12 - 18 months the weight piles back on and I'm back where I started from. :break_diet:

Gosh, this sounds a very whingy first post! I'm not really a depressing ol' bag - on to pleasanter things, am 35, married with 1 gorgeous son and a mad scottish terrier called Havoc.

Hope to be here a lot and any advice about overcoming this stumbling block would be greatly appreciated! :D

Hiya Rannoch, this site really has beena god send for me. Really does help you stay focussed when your at the "bugger it" stage. Keep posting and I look forward to following your progress. :D

Hi and :welcome: to minimins. Well done on your weight loss so far! As for advice on how to overcome your stumbling block - this forum will help - the support here is fantastic! Post often and keep a diary here too - believe me it really does help!

Good luck! :)

Hiya & :welcome: to minimins!
Good luck on your journey & well done on the loss so far. :D x

Welcome to Minimins :)

Back