I have been a brave soldier

emski

Gold Member
Ever since I was a small child I have hated .. and yes I mean hated.. swede and parsnips.. turnips and big bits of onion..

Guess what.. I have been a brave soldier and eaten all of those tonight in a roasted vegetable mix.. :D

They were good..so I advice anyone.. keep on trying stuff, cook it in different ways.. you never know....

i'm with you there emski - i used HATE parsnips but then at ate roast ones at OH's dad's one sunday. they were on my plate, i was starving and they looked nice and crispy....and i actually liked them and have eaten them at home too!

...still not sold on sweet potatoes though!

have you tried to roast it with onions - then place in beef stock then liquidise into soup? this is very very good and the butternut squash does not taste so sweet....

The trick is to con people into cooking your tea for you !! lol

I have found that if something I dont like is on my plate at someone elses house I will eat it as I have been brought up to be polite and clear my plate and rather randomly im starting to like stuff I didnt like before because of this, recently I have eaten curry and sprouts and I havent been able to eat either of these from being a kid now I cant eat enough curry after being served it at a friends house the other week though funnily enough I can still only eat vegetable ones the thought of eating a meat one makes me want to hurl .. They say it takes a child 11 trys of a new food to decide if they like it or not and that your tastes change as you get older so id say to anyone out there who thinks they dont like something to have a go and try it, cook it in different ways or even better get someone else to cook it for you!

Well done !!! I think as we get older our taste changes. I never used to eat beetroot, but when i was pregnant with my first i craved it and have loved it ever since. I used to hate onions but now i love them.

I was the same parsnips! love em now! well done soldier emski x

You're all mad!!!

Butternut squash is one of my favouritest things EVERRRR.

(Mind you, I am also a massive fan of sweet potatoes... maybe its something about those vegetables, lol)

v proud of you Emski. I think you deserve a big sticker :p

I'm with you on the big pieces of onion emski, it's a running joke in our family that unless onion is microsopically chopped I won't be liking it.
I do love my squashes and sweet potatoes though.

Blaagh to celery, 'tis the evil vegetable. :hide:

You're all mad!!!

Butternut squash is one of my favouritest things EVERRRR.

(Mind you, I am also a massive fan of sweet potatoes... maybe its something about those vegetables, lol)

v proud of you Emski. I think you deserve a big sticker :p

I love squash and sweet potatoes - especially roasted. Yum Yum:)

Back