I HAVE GROWN !!!

CAPRICORN

Gold Member
well ecky thump :p

I was chatting to my mum earlier about how hubby had commented on how I walk differently since I have lost weight and mum half jokingly said "ohh what is you are taller now that there isn't as much weight pressing your joints down ?"
SO I have just got hubby to measure me and :eek: sure enough I have gone from just short of 5ft 5" -and Im now 5ft 6" a whole inch and a bit taller :D -the best bit of course being that I now have 5lbs less to lose to hit the top of my healthy weight range :giggle: instead of 10st10lbs I now need to get to 11st 1lb :bliss: (3st 3lbs to go:party0048:)
Never thought I would be sooooo happy to GAIN inches :rotflmao:

Thats great Capricorn and quite a difference:) I suppose logically you would get taller, but I never really thought about it until your post

I sense a mini stampede of miniminers heading to the nearest doorframe to check their height at this very minute :D

You are always taller in the morning after a nights sleep - when I worked in a shop I could just about press the button to turn the overdoor fan on, come 5.30pm no matter how I tried I couldn't reach to turn it off - your weight compresses the spongy bits between your spine during the day, then when you are resting in bed the spongy bits refill with fluid

I too last year found out I was taller than I thought. For years I had always thought I was 5' 2.5", however I had to go to the hospital and whilst I was there they measured my height and weight and I was 5'4". I had gained 1.5" in a morning:D:D:D

This meant that my BMI had gone down in an instant.

You are always taller in the morning after a nights sleep - when I worked in a shop I could just about press the button to turn the overdoor fan on, come 5.30pm no matter how I tried I couldn't reach to turn it off - your weight compresses the spongy bits between your spine during the day, then when you are resting in bed the spongy bits refill with fluid
I always knew that you were taller when you first got up, but it never occurred to me that my weight would make a difference :p
Hubby measured me last night, I will resist the urge to get measured now I have just got up :giggle:
Here is hoping we have lots of others finding they are taller and thus closer to target :giggle:

I always knew that you were taller when you first got up, but it never occurred to me that my weight would make a difference :p
Hubby measured me last night, I will resist the urge to get measured now I have just got up :giggle:
Here is hoping we have lots of others finding they are taller and thus closer to target :giggle:

The less weight we have squishing our spongy bits down (technical terms there) the better I say :) I want to be measured now but no one is in the house lol

An interesting post.

I use the Boots scales (dont ask - I have a thing about collecting the little printed receipts) and they measure height and weight.

Despite losing 3st 9lbs, it is yet to recognise any growth in my height :-( maybe its because Im so short. Maybe my "spongy bits" are smaller than everyone else's, so less opportunity to grow!!!!!!!!!

I'll definitely keep an eye on it! My BMI 25 weight seems ridiculously low to me at the moment (I know this is because I am so far away from it) so any growth in height would help me about now! Hehe!

Last edited:
I'm gonna remeasure myself.....maybe I am 7 ft tall.....
BTW, if you measure from finger tip to finger tip with your arms stretched out besides you (ie measure along your arm, chest and arm.... that is normally your height :0)

Nothing to do with the post but I just spent a good while trying to get the fly off my comp screen. Thanks for that.

:8855:

Nothing to do with the post but I just spent a good while trying to get the fly off my comp screen. Thanks for that.

:8855:

Me too!!! It was starting to bug me that it kept evading my best attempts to get rid of it, until I realised it was part of the signature :eek:

Love it!!!!! Both the fact that you have gained inches & also the fly on the screen!!!!! :D

Right I'm off to measure myself now :p

Back