I have hit a brick wall

lesserme

shrinking granny
Since Easter I have lost and gained the same 4lbs :rolleyes::cry:

I usually follow green but, tried extra easy and put on even more weight :confused: so, went back to green.

I really dont want to give up, but this is getting me down.

I didnt think you could hit a platue at this stage with still alot of weight to loss

I'd be greatful for any advise

many thanks :lilkiss:

How about mixing it up a bit, I generally do a bit of everything, red one day, green the next and extra easy when it fits in better.

Combine this with lots of superfree fruit and veg and I should think that would help. Also I have been eating a lot of fish during the last 2 weeks and during this time I have lost 4.5 pounds which is a lot for me as had only been getting 0.5 or a pound so not sure if more fish is something you could try :)

Hi there, I'm just about to start SW but am a veteran of WW and various others - you don't say how tall you are on your stats but you've lost loads and you aren't that heavy now, it could be that you're hitting your "set point"? I know that I will always struggle to get under 9st however religiously I've followed plans, and rarely go over 11st (until now lol) even if I don't watch what I eat at all, my body seems to be "set" to stay between those weights.
Alternatively you could up the intensity and frequency of your exercise and see if that helps, though I would think you'd need to be patient as it'd take a few weeks for the effects to really show.
Not much help I know, but perhaps you could re-evaluate your goal - if you would find it v hard to maintain 140lb it might be better to stick where you are? What has your consultant suggested?

You can hit a plateau at any time. But I disagree that you have a "lot of weight to lose". You have only a stone to go to get to your target, in slimming terms, thats probably an optimum time to hit a plateau. I agree with the others that giving your body a bit of a shake up is an excellent idea. Sometimes we just need our bodies to be shocked out of their passive state.

Have you been losing inches instead?

If it's any consolation, I'm in same boat. I hit a wall and tried to fight through, didn't work so I was only half on plan because I felt so down. I've not been here for a bit, but I've been on plan in a 'maintaining' way because I knew I needed a break from it mentally to some extent.

I'm back now and fighting for those last 11lbs.

Now, I'm not saying do what I did by any means, but what got me to feel ready to fight again was remembering WHY I was here in first place and how GOOD it feels to lose.

And don't forget - you've already done so much and can DO THIS.

Hugs to you xxx

You have already lost a good deal of weight, so well done on that front.

how tall are you? It doesnt say in your stats.

Maybe like someone else pointed out, you are already in your range, and your body is comfortable at the weight it is.

Only thing I can think is to perhaps do a week of food diaries and post them on here, that way we can give you advice on where you might be able to improve etc.

Before I went away i had hit a massive plateau. So, for a whole week I had a menu made up of meals that I had never had before. Difficult to do but worth the effort as i lost 2lbs which had not happened for months and months Maybe worth a try x

Thank you for all the replys and advise.

I am only 5 foot so, still very overweight and 140lbs is my 1st goal

will take on board what you have told me and report my weight loss next week.

cor you are all a very wise crowd

Back