i have lost 17 lbs in two weeks !

jazz86

two weeks ago i weighed 14 stone

i have been getting up everyweek day morning at 5 am to jog on treadmill ( not very fast ) for twenty mins then again in the evening for twenty mins three nights a week

i have been eating 1000 cals a day but have cut out bread and sugar and have been drinking lots of water and eating lots of fresh fish and veg

i weighed myself last night and again this morning on boots scales as i thought mine may be faulty lol

and i have lost 17lbs in two weeks !!

thoughts please ?? is this too fast

thats great though you may be going a little heavy on yourself only having 1000cal a day.
that added with the fact that you are excercising means that somedays your intake is only around 800.
Apparently the lowest a woman can safely diet on is 1200cal if you are counting calories and not on some kind of liquid diet. I would say you can safely go up to 1200 a day and still loose weight which is what I am on.
At 1000 a day it would be possible that when you stop dieting it will be a shock to your body and you will pile on the weight.

I'm sure someone here who knows their stuff would further advise. ^^

That seems very fast, do you have much to lose? I was put on a 1,000 calorie a day diet years ago when I was 10 stone and wanted to lose a stone. I was starving the whole time, but it worked. It didn't stay off though, once I started eating more.

I think as long as you dont go back to eating the food you normally would then you will be fine. Loosing the first lot of weight so quickly is good as it works as motivation for you to continue working hard. Just don't be dissheartened if the weight starts coming off slower soon.. or even stalls, youve done great so far!

Wish I had the motivation to get up at 5am! Do you own a treadmill or is this at the gym?

xoxo

If you feel fine in yourself and aren't suffering (fatigue, aching etc...) and you're happy. Then it shouldn't be a problem, like others have said it will more than likely slow down once your body adjusts. Saying that I've just lost 13.5lbs in a week, and I feel fantastic so it is each to their own bodies.

If it continues I would slow down on the exercise and eat a little more protein or non refined carbs.

Bec x

i everyone i have lost four pounds since this post so its slowing down slightly

i own the treadmill the early weight loss has really motivated me and i am feeling fab

i am sticking to a 1000 cals a day , but using them wisely i am eating lots of fruit and veg brown rice and whole meal pasta in tomato based sauce and lean meat like turkey and chicken to fill me up i am craving sugar at the moment though and beef crisps lol

my skin had clearned up and i feel so much more energetic

how is everyone else doing ? i have a family meal this week that i am dreading

Jazz - your diet sounds like mine, though Im avoiding the rice and pasta - stalls me!

What is your family meal? Is it cooked or in a restaurant? if in a restaurant read the menu first and plan what you are going to eat. If its being cooked, maybe find out what they are planning on cooking, and let them know about what you can and can't eat. If people with allergies can do this so can dieters!!

g'luck
x

wow nice job wish i could do that lol only problem with too restricting diets is the weights harder to keep off and can creep back on easyer your not supposed to go lower than 1100-1200 really xxx

two weeks ago i weighed 14 stone

i have been getting up everyweek day morning at 5 am to jog on treadmill ( not very fast ) for twenty mins then again in the evening for twenty mins three nights a week

i have been eating 1000 cals a day but have cut out bread and sugar and have been drinking lots of water and eating lots of fresh fish and veg

i weighed myself last night and again this morning on boots scales as i thought mine may be faulty lol

and i have lost 17lbs in two weeks !!

thoughts please ?? is this too fast

That is a fab kick-start for your weightloss.:D

I agree that upping your calories is a good idea. This is mainly because your body will believe that you are unable to eat enough and will begin to conserve what food you do eat and use it more carefully. The human body is an amazing machine and since the beginning of time has worked to ensure the survival of the human race through times of plenty and times when food was scarce.

Unfortunately, in today's society, where food is plentiful and available all the time, and physical activity is reduced, obesity is the result :(.

The other important lesson I have learned, is that I have to build exercise and activity into my life that is sustainable. If you are prepared to carry on your regime in the long term, than that is excellent news. If you stop, you will start to put on weight again.

If you are an emotional eater, you may start to eat to comfort yourself, far more than your 1000 cals a day, and a vicious circle will start:(:(.

I hope I am not depressing you, because with a bit of planning, you can capitalise on your initial success.

You should not be afraid of events where you have to eat out (meals out, weddings, birthdays), although I understand why you are. I don't know how long you have been overweight, but please recognise that it may take time to lose all your excess weight. The desire to do it quickly is understandable:rolleyes:, but I have learned that taking things slowly may be more effective in the long term.

I hope that helps a bit. I wish you the best of luck anyway:).

AJ

Back