I have lost my way

Guru

Silver Member
Every day since Saturday I have eaten something. Cheese, tuna, a piece of a lamb kebab, a handful of crisps, a few onion rings.

It doesn't help that I found out at the weekend that my young cousin is five months pregnant with her second unplanned baby and I am still struggling to get pregnant after two years of trying.

I have been glugging the water but I will not be surprised if I stay the same or put on this week.

I have to get my mind back in the right place. I have so much to lose if I don't lose the weight.

You can do this you know you can you have done so well so far. Like you said you have every reason too. I'm no expert but why not try to concentrate one the thing's you have done right rather than the couple of little blips that you have had. Take every day as it come's and just say to your self right tomorrow I will be 100% and then give yourself I giant pat on the back when you do it (which you will because you are strong enough to do this!)

Guru, stick with it, DO NOT GIVE UP NOW! We both share the same dream, and we've both got to take the same route, but it will be oh so worth it when we get there. I was supposed to have got back on plan yesterday, but I didn't, so was going to get back on today and I didn't, so I suggest we make a pact. We'll both do SS 100% for tomorrow, just tomorrow. Then we take it one day at a time from there. You've done so well, and you,ve got some doctors that you need to prove wrong soon!

Comon Guru - we're all behind you. You're a mainstay on here now and you are one of the people who makes new people feel motivated. So you have to get back on track!!!

On a more productive note how about people give tips on how they got back on track.

Some things that have helped me are:

Writing a list of all the reasons that I want to lose weight and pin it on the fridge, keep a copy in your handbag.
Cut pics out of magazines of clothes that you want and make like a mood board of how you will look at goal.
Order something really nice in the next size down to inspire you to get there.
Sit down and really imagine your life in 1 year's time at goal - what you'll look like, what you'll be doing etc and then do the same imagining how it will be if you fall of track and can't get back.

Best of luck hun, you can do it!

Hello Guru

I'm another one of many CD'ers that has found your losses inspirational. As lunar jim says, its best to now try to keep 100%. I don't allow myself any food as I know that I wouldn't be able to stop, so I admire you for limiting what you eat but I'm worried that one day you might be feeling despondent (as we all do from time to time) and won't stop promptly enough. You have such a great reason for losing weight.
Best wishes x

Stick with it Guru! I know you can do it! You are very strong and have a very good reason to do this. Keep your water up, stay focussed and remember that we are always here for you! x x

One day at a time, and to break that up one hour at a time. Getting through one day as 100% can make a real difference to the next day, and the one after that.

Don't beat up on yourself for the blips you have had, look at how far you have come already - over 6 points off your BMI and that is in just 2 months? Half that again and you are down to 35 BMI and just over same again and you are down to BMI 30.

At the start of this year I was directionless (sp), well actually going up in terms of weight. I had this target for treatment and it seemed so far away, so unattainable, that I couldn't believe I could get there, couldn't see how I could get there. But here I am 5 months later and my BMI is under 30.

When I struggled with CD I thought I don't want to start next year with regrets, like I have every new year for god knows how long. I wanted to make this year a year of positive action, positive change. You are doing that and you can get to where you want to be.

Sorry if this is a bit "emotional" but I think I can say I know how you feel as I relate to many things - same weight numbers, long term fertility problems, same 'easy' conception for family & friends...

You can do this, and we are here to help x

Wales, you have hit the nail on the head :)

Guru, Chin up girl! I can only echo what everyone else has said on here.............you can do it! You have done so well so far and I have the same problem with my young niece of who seems to get pregnant at a drop of a hat, but try and use that anger to your advantage, to make you more determined to reach your goal rather than it pushing you the other way xxx

Put it behind you Guru and start afresh today, If you are anything like me, you start to panic the nearer the fertility appointment comes (mine is on Tue and I ate a whole tin of tuna last night, for no other reason than I could, that defiant evil little voice in my head said I could!!!) Its easy to fall back into old "feel good" habbits, but when you get that possitive pregnancy test, there is no feeling like it in the world. I know its really hard when there are (fat) pregnant woman all around and even worse when its someone you know, it is soul destroying, get a hug from your OH rather than from the food, take one day at a time and keep you chin up, it will happen for you toots, it WILL xxx

Come on Guru you can do it!

You were on of the people on here who always posted fun posts and kept the forum going.

Plus you've lost 3 STONE in 8 WEEKS. That's an immense acheivement - imagine where you could be next month and the month after. Time really does fly by if you stay busy and stay on plan.

Guru you need to keep sight of the prize whenever you feel the need for any picking! i know your after fertility treatment so you need to keep thinking about that whenever your tempted!
You have done so well hun and come too far to fall completely!
there is some amazing advice on this post hun that i just cant add to!
xxx

The last stretch can be soooo hard Guru but keep the faith... you CAN do it. Sometimes we almost test ourselves with the wobbles & nibbles, but it just makes the whole journey longer - get focused and get back on that wagon. Keep on keeping on... just a little bit further!

xxx

Guru - we're in the same position, I've been nibbling too :( We have our goals.......... let's keep motivated to do it :) Lets do a step at a time together x

Hey Guru,

I know how you feel.

I WI yesterday and have gained 5lb cos I had a 4 day holiday/blip!! At least you are not in my position!!! I have put myself back!

It has been hard to get back into it too. But I am now 100% again. That gain gave me a shock!

Sometimes there is nothing anyone can say to you that can help or motivate. But most people on here would say that you are one of the people who really wants it, who wants to lose weight. And you are usually very postive and have helped to keep us all going.

We all have our up and down times, and you're allowed! But it's time to get back to it!

Use the news about your cousin as a way to turn it around. If the weight is standing in the way of your own family or happiness (as it has done for me) it's time to shed it! Lets show it no mercy!

You have been doing so well so far, treat this as what it is a blip...

Take care x

Am sorry you're struggling at the moment, am quite new here and your progress (along with a few of the other mainstays) were the ones that convinced me that this diet would work for me. To keep on track I have got a pic of myself when I was a size 10 and I've pinned it to the fridge. I know your aim is fertility treatment so could you not put your hospital letter on the fridge to remind you why you are doing it. Really hope you can get in the 'zone' again - its all worth it....

Thanks folks. I am struggling. And today is my birthday and my colleagues have brought in tonnes of cakes knowing that I can't eat them. Why would you do that to someone? It's so mean!

Anyway, I did lose 2lbs this weeks. Which is amazing considering how much I have pigged out on.

I am back on it 100%. One day at a time is the right approach I think. I am NEVER going to get out of the 18 stones at this rate!

Back