I have my telephone interview for becoming a CDC on tuesday........

kerryberry

Silver Member
............what should I expect ??

Oooh I don't know, but good luck!!!

lol thanks hun

thanks you x

yeah i've no idea either but i'd love to see about becoming a CDC too! can you post what they asked you in this tread after your interview and tell us how it went? good luck xx

More good luck wishes here kerryberry (but no valuable insights!).

The role of CD counsellor would strike me as having certain similarities for jobs that I have applied for in health and social care - after all its working with people, including people that may feel anxious and vulnerable at times.

Key questions that have popped up for me over the years-

* what attracts you to this job
* what do you think that you personally can bring ( hopefully this is when you get to talk about what you learnt from sucessfully doing CD yourself and getting to know a wide range of people also following CD on minimins)
* you might get presented with a complex/invloved scenario (don't panic!) - these type of questions are often not looking for a precise anwer to solve the dilemma because there isn't a perfect answer, its usually looking for a response about calmly listening to and gently reassuring a distressed customer, perhaps asking of you can jot down a brief note of their concerns so that you can clearly seek the right advice, explaining that you don't have the answer right now but will seek help from the appropriate person ( your own sponsor, the CD medical support service etc)

Haven't had any kind of interview for over 7 years so I know I am out of touch!
Hopefully a CD counsellor will be able to respond x

Typo's galore - 'invloved' should read 'involved' - do not expect you to be asked to sort out the love lives of your clients!

thanks BB

I will let you all know how it goes its at 12pm tomorrow x

Hi Kerry
Just wanted to wish you luck for your interview tomorrow..
Its a very casual conversation and its really nothing to worry about they just ask you a few questions about how you have done on cambridge and what you can do to help others.. and really is nothing to worry about.
Good luck let us know how you get on x

Cheers curlywurly thats has set my mind at ease a bit now I will let you know how it goes x

Phew all went well and I am booked on the december training day woohoo!!!!!

Yay!! Congratulations!

Thank you x

I wasn't sure before if its what I wanted to do but now its happening I am really pleased and I am going to go for it.

I just want people to feel as happy as I do now I am lighter if you know what I mean

Back