I have now lost 100lb!!!!

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Hi Guys

I joined slimming world 2 years ago with 8 stone to lose. Yesterday I weighed in and I have finally got to my 100lb milestone!

My final target is still 11.5lbs off, but this feels so amazing. I was absolutely determined from the start having weighed myself for the first time in years and been horrified at how big I had allowed myself to get. I have lost an average of 'just' 1lb a week, which other people moan about, but which I have worked damn hard for- really slow and steady and enjoying the journey.

I have added my '1 per stone' piccies on my profile to show my gradual loss- and I can't relax yet as still need to get to target

I know when you start it can seem like an impossible dream, but if you take it in small milestones, stop making excuses for food controlling your life, stay positive, don't beat yourself up when you don't stay 100% and try and ensure that the journey you are on is seen as a change for LIFE not just a quick fix you WILL get there- believe in yourself. Dreams can happen- I am now proof of this

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

well done, i can't see the pics but i bet you look amazing

What would you say is the most important factor in your success over such a long period of time?
Thanks, mate

I think the biggest factor for me was not seeing it as a 'diet' that I could be 'on' or 'off'- I saw it as a long term lifestyle change. I know for a fact that I will continue to eat healthily and exercise even after I have got to target. I took it slowly and re-educated my brain to what being satisfied by food actually means. All my previous attempts to lose weight were fast and furious- trying to drop it as quickly as possible which isn't sustainable over a long period of time for me.

Sorry- that was a bit long winded for 'one piece of advice'!!!!

Good luck with your loss- you have done fantastically well so far
xxxx

Congratulations on hitting the 100lb mark... Bet you feel wonderful...

Fab loss well done :happy096:

You should feel so proud of yourself a great achievement. I hope I do as well as you. It made sense to me about the life style change and being happy with the 1lb a week loss, that is the weekly target I have set for myself as I feel this is doable for the long term. I am seeing this as a lifestyle change too so I hope I end up as successful as you have been.

Well done :D

MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS, thats amazing!!!!!!! Such an achievement!!! xxx

Absolutely amazing!! Well done you!!! X

Congratulations and well done on your wonderful achievement!

I'm a bit late on this thread but I couldn't read and run..a big massive WELL DONE YOU for losing all that weight.

I too am losing slowly at 1lb a week but it's fantastic to see someone who has done it that way and succeeded..sometimes it's frustrating reading about people who lose loads every week!

Thank you for the inspiration and good luck for the rest of your journey xo

well done you on your wonderful weight loss achievement..you must feel absolutely fantastic :)

h xx

WOW that's fantastic!!!!! Well done. This has really motivated me. I was feeling down at having only lost 2lbs in week 2 but to hear how you lost 1lb a week but got there in the end is amazing. I know I've just got to keep going. My sisters told me to stop saying why bother if that's all I've lost in a week but now I feel happier afer reading your post.

As my sister would say... 'my flabbers are gasted'. Well done... you must feel like a million dollars! xxxx

I'm starting a fresh today and that post was a real inspiration, thank you and congratulations x

Back