I Have Ordered the Book.

He starts a new job tomorrow rubbish pay but better than nothing. Phase 1 here I come again lol

Like you say, its a job and gives him space to look for something better. Let me know how phase 1 goes xx

Gor back on it today head is I. The right place. Expecting to feel rubbish for a but but hey ho. How are u getting on z

Gor back on it today head is I. The right place. Expecting to feel rubbish for a but but hey ho. How are u getting on z

Stick with it if you can as results are worth it, tho can be slow, but its good food at the end of the day and nothing processed.

I am starting week 4 today and have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks, so I'm pleased with that tho my weight loss is only 1lb this week and think thats due to adding too many fats ie butter, cream and berries, so have cut them out or reduced them and back to cooking with olive oil and not adding butter to veg and no fruit, just some skimmed milk in my porridge and a decaff cuppa first thing then onto fruit tea for the rest of the day and water.

Will see if that makes a difference, but tbh even 1lb a week is 3stone in a year and that works :)

And natural sugar. The joys of a 4 year old climbing on you

A week lol not a year

Fruit is full of bat sugar but as u say 1lb a year is very good

Just eaten a whole bag or curly kale with I've oil and a pork belly slice!'

Hi how did you cook the kale and the belly slice. On the Harcombe forum they talk a lot bout belly slices, so think I will have to buy some, but just not sure the best way of cooking them and I don't think I've had Kale so no idea what it looks like or how to cook it.

Lol about the 4-yr old, mine are all grown up now, but have a 3 yr old black lab that has a tendency to want to climb on me lol

Hiya I grill the belly pork slices and with the ksle I rub lots of olive oil and some salt into it the pop it into the oven till it goes crispy. Bit like seaweed from the Chinese it's delicious cx

Hiya I grill the belly pork slices and with the ksle I rub lots of olive oil and some salt into it the pop it into the oven till it goes crispy. Bit like seaweed from the Chinese it's delicious cx

I called in at the butchers on the way home from work yesterday and got a belly pork slab, they scored it for me and its now in the fridge with salt rubbed into the skin and on THD Forum they suggested cooking it slow for bout 3 hrs at 140 and the last half hour to put the oven up to highest setting to make crackling, which I won't eat, but my sons will :) Will have to get some Kale next time I'm in Tesco. Got a savoy cabbage and remember seeing a recipe for that done in the oven with cream, but can't remember where it was now :doh: so thats my tea anyway and may do some oven roasted parsnips too. MMM looking forward to that already :giggle:

How you doing?

With regret I have to leave this diet it's caused me to have gallstones gutted don't know what to do. Back to being fat it is :-(

Hello! Did you stick with it? I am on day 6 of phase 1 and have blooming gained!!! My metabolism is shot mind, but I was hoping this would work.

Since Monday all I have eaten is

Eggs
Goat's butter
Meat ( no processed or sugar filled meat)
Veggies other than potatoes and mushrooms
50g brown rice
Decaf, herbal tea, water
natural bio yoghur

Why isn't this working? Can't believe I have gained 2 pounds. I am extreme,y active too, but it isn't muscle. Can anyone help?

Wonder if I should cut out the butter from my scrambled eggs of a morning and cut down on the natural yoghurt- am eating a large 450g pot over the course of a day

Any thoughts? Xxxx Jo

Hello! Did you stick with it? I am on day 6 of phase 1 and have blooming gained!!! My metabolism is shot mind, but I was hoping this would work.

Since Monday all I have eaten is

Eggs
Goat's butter
Meat ( no processed or sugar filled meat)
Veggies other than potatoes and mushrooms
50g brown rice
Decaf, herbal tea, water
natural bio yoghur

Why isn't this working? Can't believe I have gained 2 pounds. I am extreme,y active too, but it isn't muscle. Can anyone help?

Wonder if I should cut out the butter from my scrambled eggs of a morning and cut down on the natural yoghurt- am eating a large 450g pot over the course of a day

Any thoughts? Xxxx Jo

Hi, have you looked at the Harcombe diet forum as there is lots of help on there for us HDers :) Phase 1 is about getting rid of cravings and intolerances and phase 2 is about weight loss, so they say on the forum.

I find that cheaper cuts of meat that have more fat in them give me a better weight loss and from the forum I have found many ppl who seem to gain or lose nothing on THD to start with and tho I know that doesn't help you it does show that you are not alone in what you are experiencing. I would suggest that you stick with it as its all natural foods that you are eating and the loss will come. Are you drinking enough water? I know that berries, wheat and dairy all stall my weight loss and tho fruit is allowed, berries in particular I avoid them as they give me a sugar craving.

The diet or rather plan as I like to call it as I don't liek the diet word is about finding out what suits your body and as we are all different, different foods have a different outcome, so what suits me may not neccessarily suit you.

Unfortunately we are all programmed to think that we need to achieve a steady 2lb a week loss and tho some do lose very well on THD right from the beginning others like me tend to take the scenic route.

My menu is mainly:

B: Porridge made with water, no sweetners or fruit
L: Leftovers from the night before or Low fat cottage cheese with Nairns original oatcakes or salad with meat or fish
T: Belly pork/ stewing lamb/ mince/ chicken all with unlimited veg (no potatoes)

Have you got the recipe book as that gives lots of new recipes to follow so your diet doesn't become boring and the key really is to eat fat - preferably fat contained in meat, ie belly pork, chicken skin and cheaper cuts of pork, beef and lamb with have nice marbling.

Hope this helps :) I really would recommend you go on the forum and read as much as you can as you will get loads of help from others in the same position or post here and I will alwasy answer xx

Thanks Dawn. Think am hammering the old Yeo Valley Bio a bit too much. Doing 5 more days on phase 1 then having a weekend away and coming back to phase 1 before hopefully getting onto phase 2!! Well done on your progress :) xxx

Thanks Dawn. Think am hammering the old Yeo Valley Bio a bit too much. Doing 5 more days on phase 1 then having a weekend away and coming back to phase 1 before hopefully getting onto phase 2!! Well done on your progress :) xxx

You very well could be eating too much NLY, which does stall weight loss for some :( I can't eat wheat, fruit or much dairy, but I can eat 85% chocolate without much problem,which actually is not supposed to be eaten until phase 3, so just shows that what works for one doesn't work for another :(

I'm going back to phase 1 tomorrow to try and boost my weight loss a bit and may continue to do phase one Mon-Fri and have things like a bit of cheese, cream and berries at the weekend for a treat.

When you do eventually go onto phase 2 and start introducing more foods, a word of advice, introduce one thing at a time ie a little bit of cheese for a week and if you have no problem ie no craving or itching, then carry on and introduce something else like some wholemeal bread and again if you have no problem then introduce something else.

They do say that if you can't bare to do without something then chances are you are actually intolerant to it :(

Please kkep in touch as there are so few HDers on here and its nice to see how you are doing. I go to THD forum for advice etc, but am not able to post on the forum other than on general discussion and actually prefer this site :)

Back