I have quark... what the h*ll do I do with it?

I have a tub of quark which will be out of date tomorrow, so going to give the SW quiche a go with it today.

Going to give the pate a bash later

My fave savoury recipe with quark is to blend it with some smoked salmon (I just get the cheep trimmings from tesco), some black pepper and a tomato.

Makes a gorgeous smoked salmon pate - tastes a bit like taramasalata (sp?).

Or

Blend it with 1 sachet of options, 1 tsp cocoa powder, some sweetner and some vanilla essence = chocolate pudding :)

Served with a squirt of anchor light cream all for 4 syns.

Quark can be used as a sauce on top of a lasagne, spread it out and then put some cheese (healthy extra a of course) on top of it!

that's always tasty!

Vixxster said:
ONLY pate!

Hello pate fans! For chicken liver pate you need:
1 pack of frozen chicken livers (defrosted, duh)
3 bacon medallions, chopped
2 small onions, red or white or one medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
mixed herbs, salt and pepper to taste
Half a pot of QUARK
Fry your onions in fry light til softened
Add crushed garlic and chopped bacon and fry together.
Take out and set aside
Add chicken livers to the pan with some fry light and cook til done all the way through
Add the bacon and oniony garlicy mix and cook together until well mixed.
Add your herbs and mix well.
Put entire mix into a food processor, add half a tub of Quark and blitz until smooth. Taste, say "Oh my God, Vicky is a genius", and add your seasoning if required. Blitz again.
Put in tub to cool and when cooled, refrigerate. The mixture will regain it's Quark-like consistency when cold.
Smugly spread on HEb of wholewheat crackerbread, 2 slices of Nimble granary toast, or dip crudites of cucumber, celery and carrot and enjoy! xx

Vicky you are a genius :)

very very low fat cheese, i find its tasteless and bland but ive only had it in the quiche and when its with lots of leeks mushrooms herbs ect it tastes nice, and maybe bit of ketchup lolx

ONLY pate!

Hello pate fans! For chicken liver pate you need:
1 pack of frozen chicken livers (defrosted, duh)
3 bacon medallions, chopped
2 small onions, red or white or one medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
mixed herbs, salt and pepper to taste
Half a pot of QUARK
Fry your onions in fry light til softened
Add crushed garlic and chopped bacon and fry together.
Take out and set aside
Add chicken livers to the pan with some fry light and cook til done all the way through
Add the bacon and oniony garlicy mix and cook together until well mixed.
Add your herbs and mix well.
Put entire mix into a food processor, add half a tub of Quark and blitz until smooth. Taste, say "Oh my God, Vicky is a genius", and add your seasoning if required. Blitz again.
Put in tub to cool and when cooled, refrigerate. The mixture will regain it's Quark-like consistency when cold.
Smugly spread on HEb of wholewheat crackerbread, 2 slices of Nimble granary toast, or dip crudites of cucumber, celery and carrot and enjoy! xx

OMG! This sounds amazing.....and it's syn free! I'm so gonna get the stuff to make this.
Trust me I will say "Vicky your a genuis"

xxx

Back