• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I have signed up for Race for Life

Yes I'm also doing it - my friend is going through chemo at the moment following a mastectomy and a group of us including her are doing it.

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
This year will be 10 years since my Nan died of cancer, so I'm thinking about signing up. She died on the 29th of July, there are a lot of races around then, so think I might try and choose one close to the date.

I have done this for the last 2 years, and it is a great day. Very emotional but so motivational.

Enjoy ladies, and even if you have to walk it, that's fine too. I walked my 1st year, ran last year after losing the weight....it was such a personal achievement for me. We raised over £400 for a great cause too.

The acorns midnight walk is great but that's 10k, and as it suggests, it starts at midnight.

Good luck all who take part this year, i think i'm going to be on holiday, but i'm planning on taking part in the cancer research 10k run in the autumn, as long as i can get my training in.

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
Looks like I might not be doing the walk this year. The doctors have recently finally given me a diagnosis of chronic fatigue and to be honest I find exercise pretty difficult in any large amount, so not sure that I can get the training in for a walk by June/July as their advice at the moment is to completely cut out gym and start with just 10 minutes of yoga/wii fit a day and slowly build. I'm going to do a race though, no doubt about it, and I'm going to try and build up to it this year, but if not it'll be my goal for next year.

wow best of luck ladies l lost my sis to cancer its a brillant cause l'd love to do it

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
I've changed my mind, I am going to do it if it kills me!! I'll just do one of the 5k one instead of one of the 10k ones.

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
im doing it! The combe abbey 5km one =].. My mum passed away on 30th december 2009 from stomach cancer :(

im doing it! The combe abbey 5km one =].. My mum passed away on 30th december 2009 from stomach cancer :(
Kimmie, that's the same one I'm doing :D

is it, which day? u walking or running lol =]

I'm doing the Blackburn one on 2nd June - will need to use Caroline's training plan and get myself into action ;)

is it, which day? u walking or running lol =]
I have said I will be walking but I may try a bit of jogging if I am brave enough.