I have the tablets--start tomorrow?

cddietgal

Hello
Just been to the dr and have been given 4 weeks supply of xenical.
I am working tonight and work in a hotel so thinking of starting them tomorrow just in case of side effects.i'm not working till saturday night after tonight.
So a few quick questions for you please..
So yesterday I ate a cheese and onion toastie for lunch,ricotta and spinach caneloni (not low fat) and a large bag of wine gums :eek:
Today I have had a bagel with clover lighter,planing maybe beans on toast for lunch and roasted veg and goats cheese for dinner
Do you think todays diet will minimise side effects tomorrow?
Also am I oK with clover light butter? I only spread it thinly on toast...might use jam instead on my morning bagel???
Any other hints or tips for me please
I'm excited about starting it but in a nervous kind of way lol
Thanks alot
cddg x

Hello, and welcome :)

I wouldn't worry too much about what you've eaten in the lead-up to starting Xenical, as the food you've already eaten will be well on its way to being digested by then. Having said that, it doesn't hurt to get into the routine of eating a low fat diet and checking the packets of foods to prepare yourself.

What I'd advise you to do is check out the 'new to Xenical' thread at the top of the page and read some of the advice given there.
Basically any food you eat should contain no more than 5g fat per 100g of food, and you should eat no more than 15g of fat in each meal, up to a total of 45g per day.

Things like low-fat spreads are usually outside of that rule, meaning that you shouldn't really eat them, but sometimes you can 'get away with' a small quantity (probably best to avoid it if you can to begin with, and then start introducing it as you get used to the Xenical).

Cheese is usually a big no-no as well, except for things like Laughing Cow Light...it's just a matter of checking the packets of EVERYTHING until you get into a routine.

I hope that helps, and please don't be afraid of the side-effects...there are some horror stories out there, but usually you'll find that the people who get really bad side effects have completely ignored the guidelines!!

Good luck with your journey, and keep posting!
A x

Back