I hope this works!

emsie220

Hi i started the Cambridge yesterday, went to bed at like 8pm cos i was so hungry!! Stuck to it tho.... Trying to keep full on water , i am worried i won't be able to keep it up at work, as i have a pretty stressful job, Aarrgghh! Need to get these pounds off tho!

I feel your pain! I have started today and I am starving already and the vanilla shake made me yack!!! I worry about work too cos I work shifts including nights and I just don't know how I will manage it!! Must try tho and try and stay positive!

Good luck.
The first week is the hardest!
As I am just re-experiencing!

It's worth it! Set yourself a goal and think about it constantly!

I have a stressful job, which I used to constantly use as an excuse to stuff my face! Make yourself a list of all the reasons why you want to do this. Now when I get stressed and am looking to escape my desk/my computer/my team - instead if running off to buy and eat a diet coke or bar of chocolate, I go hide on the toilet and read my list a couple of time! Keeps me from cheating!

Good idea might have to try that one! I am worried i might faint or something but that's probably being a bit dramatic! Does feel like mind over matter..... The ready made shakes are better than the powdered stuff i think well so far! X

I only have banana tetras!
3 a day - everyday!

Unfortunately I did experience a bout of fainting previously. I always carry a bottle of water with me, and sip it when I feel weak - workable moat of the time.

You shouldnt faint, being overweight your body has more than enough supplies to keep you going! That faint/hungry feeling should disappear at about day 3 or 4 and you will find life so much easier. Just push through till then.

I find short term goals really helpful like make it to 3 days, a week, 10 days, 2 weeks, a month. Dont look too far ahead or it gets daunting!

Good luck!! xx

Yeah definitely i am just trying to get thru the weekend at the moment! Fingers crossed, hope i don't faint, i've definitely got enough fat to keep me going for a while i reckon! Thanks for the motivation!x

I tool it one meal at t time for the first week, it really does get so much easier.

I'm on week 4 now and I'm amazed at how easy it really is...

keep going x

keep drinking the water, it REALLY helps you not to feel hungry.

once ketosis kicks in hungers not s much of a problem any more

xx

How you feeling today emsie220?

I've woken up on day 4 feeling loads better.

How you getting on?

I am feeling ok so far thanks! Just filling up on black tea... Weird not having a cooked breakfast on a Sunday morning! How about you?

Its the Cambridge diet, no food , only shakes, soups, water, pretend porridge!

emsie220 said:
I am feeling ok so far thanks! Just filling up on black tea... Weird not having a cooked breakfast on a Sunday morning! How about you?

Its the Cambridge diet, no food , only shakes, soups, water, pretend porridge!

I'm ok thanks. Day 4 and I feel good. Think In definitely in ketosis now.
I only have banana tetras! Three a day - every day! Repetitive - but I like them! Taste just like yahoo milkshakes - ny favourite hangover cure!

what is this diet? never heard of it before

Gosh, where have you been all these years? LOL.

Just read the posts on this forum, and the other VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet)forums, and all will be revealed.

Not the easiest diets in the world, but they offer the fastest weight losses - if you stick to the plan most of the time. That's the hard part.

Back