I hope you don't mind me having a little whine... **UPDATED**

Awww hope you get what you want in the end :(

I think that the venue is a little naughty here. I used to plan weddings as part of my job while I worked in the hotel industry & important things like this shouldn't be left to just being read in a brochure, the co-ordinator at your venue should really have pointed this out to you too - would have save a heck of a lot of hassle/worry!! x

Thank you for bringing this up, it's made me feel better.

I never want to bad mouth anyone, I'm not that type of person... But, is it surprising that after you mentioned wedding co-ordinator I went and looked through afore mentioned brochure to see if our venue has one, since I've never met him/her, don't know their name, never had any correspondence from them, and thought that the register office I spoke to yesterday must have been confused when they told me my venue's wedding planner was off on maternity leave! But we do, and it is listed as part of our "package"!

To further rant, after saying I'm not a bad mouther, I had a phonecall in March to confirm the time of our wedding, 1pm or 3pm. I was working so it was a message on my phone but called back as soon as I could. I couldn't speak to the lady who called, so I confirmed the time with someone else and asked if I was able to make an appointment to discuss some queries we had, at this point I was thinking decorations, DJ, hotel rooms for the guests, fairy fluff I never considered registrar... This was pooh-pooh'd as such details didn't need to be confirmed til 4 months before the wedding, again fairy fluff, they are just little details.

I only found out about the registrar business yesterday because I emailed them with some little queries, since I have never heard from them after I paid my deposit in April 2010. I actually have 2 letters from them, 1 is our wedding contract, which is in OH's and I can't wait to get hold of, the other is the confirmation of our deposit. I was informed by the lady I spoke to yesterday that the next time they would have contacted me would be in 3 months (6 months before my wedding) to ask for the first installment.

I mean is this normal? I do feel completely overlooked and unimportant... Whilst I will accept initial blame for not reading the bloody brochure, is it wrong that I feel someone should have intercepted before now?

x x

Sounds pretty naff to me !!

tulip85x said:

I never want to bad mouth anyone, I'm not that type of person... But, is it surprising that after you mentioned wedding co-ordinator I went and looked through afore mentioned brochure to see if our venue has one, since I've never met him/her, don't know their name, never had any correspondence from them, and thought that the register office I spoke to yesterday must have been confused when they told me my venue's wedding planner was off on maternity leave! But we do, and it is listed as part of our "package"!

To further rant, after saying I'm not a bad mouther, I had a phonecall in March to confirm the time of our wedding, 1pm or 3pm. I was working so it was a message on my phone but called back as soon as I could. I couldn't speak to the lady who called, so I confirmed the time with someone else and asked if I was able to make an appointment to discuss some queries we had, at this point I was thinking decorations, DJ, hotel rooms for the guests, fairy fluff I never considered registrar... This was pooh-pooh'd as such details didn't need to be confirmed til 4 months before the wedding, again fairy fluff, they are just little details.

I only found out about the registrar business yesterday because I emailed them with some little queries, since I have never heard from them after I paid my deposit in April 2010. I actually have 2 letters from them, 1 is our wedding contract, which is in OH's and I can't wait to get hold of, the other is the confirmation of our deposit. I was informed by the lady I spoke to yesterday that the next time they would have contacted me would be in 3 months (6 months before my wedding) to ask for the first installment.

I mean is this normal? I do feel completely overlooked and unimportant... Whilst I will accept initial blame for not reading the bloody brochure, is it wrong that I feel someone should have intercepted before now?

x x

Tbh any contact i had with our venue before the wedding was instigated by us rather than them and it was all via email. Some of our suppliers we didnt hear off for months!

Your issue does seem to be a common one that ive heard a lot of people having, and then last minute having to sort it all out.

x x

Well I would say from my point of view i would have expected my wedding planner to contact me, even if a short letter of introduction & to let me know that I could contact them when ever I felt nessasary!! At the end of the day, they are there to help & support you in things regarding to your wedding, esp when provided by the venue!!

BUT - in saying that I guess its another sign of the times!! People don't seem to offer the same level of customer service that they once did, or not in my experience anyway!

As for your venue's wedding co-ordinator being off on maternity leave - surely they have somebody covering this leave???

You could always ask for a meeting with the venue's manager to speak about these issues - at the end of the day, it could save them potential custom in the future. x

Phone them and ask if they mind the press being there, as a sort of feature article.

Note: you won't have said they will be there just would it be ok. I reckon they might pull their finger out lol!

Thanks again for the comments :)

I think I have been a bit niave perhaps, especially in regards to the wedding co-ordinator fiasco, maybe I should've realised before now something wasn't quite right and pressed a bit further.

Gettingthinnerbytheday - Even if this does pan out ok, and the register office can produce miracles, we're still gonna have a meeting with the owner of the venue. There are some things I'm really unhappy with, and it's not a small wedding, not that it would make a difference if it was, but we're plowing an amazing amount of money into this :(

Shirleen - Interesting angle :D I might be tempted to give it a go!

I have my wedding contract now, it states the "Civil Ceremony" is included in my package and I must consult with them before I book church/registrar... Again maybe I have no right to be, but it's annoyed me that no one called to check why I hadn't been in touch :(

x x

Hello :)

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread, just thought I'd let you know how I got on!

The register office phoned this morning, the girl I'd been speaking to said she was worried about me all weekend, and they have been able to get another team together so I can get married at half past 1 6th May 2012 as originally planned!!

OH and I have written up a list of things we're not happy with and are waiting on an appointment with the manager of the venue.

But overall it is a happy ending, YaY!

x x

Hello :)

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread, just thought I'd let you know how I got on!

The register office phoned this morning, the girl I'd been speaking to said she was worried about me all weekend, and they have been able to get another team together so I can get married at half past 1 6th May 2012 as originally planned!!

OH and I have written up a list of things we're not happy with and are waiting on an appointment with the manager of the venue.

But overall it is a happy ending, YaY!

x x
So pleased for you. What a relief !!!! Now you can relax and enjoy.

Shirleen said:
Fabulous!!!!! You know the path of true love never runs smooth!

Never a truer word.. All the stuff that was happening before the wedding with florist pulling out, bridesmaid dresses, my dress etc but on the day it was perfect

Back