I just bullied my Dr into giving me Xenical

monkeypants

Hello All!

I started Xenical yesterday - I recently lost 5Kg with moving house (& city) and moving in with my boyfriend, new job and just generally getting my life back on track, and taking alli. I then ran out of alli and couldn't really afford to buy much more. I knew I would qualify for Xenical so I went to register with my local GP (I hadn't been to the GP since I was 21 and she told me I needed to lose weight and cried). I booked an appt with my GP and kind of bullied him into prescribing me Xenical - he didn't know much about it but I'm due to see the Nurse next week to give me the info that I need. I did tell him that I use to weigh 117kg and now I'm 105kg and I've been taking alli (I didn't lie but kind of left out the year and half in between).

I was eating very healthily on alli and kind of got into the swing of things, had a VERY good first two weeks, but got off track a bit afterwards. So hoping with Xenical + weighs in with the nurse and support of mini mins I'll be able to do this.

I'm trying to find my fitness mojo & tips on how to stay good over the xmas period!

Hoping to make lots of friends on here who are on the same Journey.

XXX

good on you hun. if u can do it and get away with it then why not. bet you happy your back on the blue pills ;) good luck on your weight loss journey :) xx

hiya mandy,
well thats the first big step done!.. im sure you already know whats good and whats not so good, so as every thing in life its just a matter of getting started and of corse "the dreaded will power"
good luck sugar, christmas is always a big worry, id suggest having christmas day off and digging in deep for boxing day and there after!.. but thats mee! lol
if you do go for the chrimbo day off, remember that xen stays in your system for a few days!!!!..

Good luck, we can all do this together. I plan on having Christmas Day/Boxing Day off in as controlled a way as I can if that makes sense. I also intend to do loads of exercise, we are visiting family for Christmas Day but will need to take the dog so he will need the legs run off him before we go so he doesn't wreck the place! That should help. Take it in small increments and that weight will be melting off in no time.

KB x

Kitty remember xen stays in your system for 72 hours so youd be best stopping on the 22nd n then not restarting till the 29th x

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

Hi Mandy, well done on taking the step of getting your GP to help you start losing weight and getting healthy!

Butter, thats my plan too. Back on it on the 29 (as we dont actually have christmas dinner until Boxing Day).

xx

Kitty remember xen stays in your system for 72 hours so youd be best stopping on the 22nd n then not restarting till the 29th x

The plan is to come off on 23rd and back on 27th and take whatever is coming to me. From past experience should be ok, starting back earlier isn't a problem, just need to remember to come off them in good time!

KB x

next tuesday is my last day of blue pills so what day will it stay in my system for? my birthday is on the saturday and i want to give myself a little treat . will it be out of my system by them? and whatever i eat between the tuesday to the friday will it still take the fat out of my foods? (even tho i wont be taking the lil blue pill?) xx

Should be out of your system by Saturday no problem. Usually hangs about (and still works) for 24-48 hours after the last tablet but everyone is different so could be slightly more or less.

KB x

I'm attempting to stay on them right through as I'm working most of Christmas so don't want to get caught short at work

I am going to take them through Xmas tooo and what comes, comes.. Although I think I will not be eating breakfast or dinner Xmas day!!

I am cooking for 14-15 people Xmas day!
Lamb, glazed baked ham, turkey and all the rest.. That goes with it veg wise.. Plus some smoked salmon, olives, salad.. Etc..
Pavalova, baklava, Xmas cake.. Fruit etc..

Mb think youl end up tangod big time after all that

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

I'm staying on them over christmas as well. I don't plan on going mad over christmas and I don't want to undo all my hard work. I can easily put on 7-8 pounds over the christmas break so i want to minimise this as much as possible.
I am still going to enjoy myself but stop when i feel full and just have a little bit of what I fancy rather than a lot!!

Im not planning to 'pig' out at xmas . i will run out next tuesday of my xenical and cant get a doctors appoitment till the following monday so im going without xenical for 5 days. im still going to eat as if i was still on xenical and just make myself think im still taking it till i can get my next batch :) because im not taking it for 5 days its not going to make me gain weight is it?? even tho i will be still eating everything low fat and low calorie? x x

Why don't you save your breakfast ones till you as mist peoples breakfast is fairly low fat anyway that way you've got a few extra days worth for the vital period

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No, you won't put on weight. It is YOU that is losing the weight yourself, by eating low fat/calorie and maybe exercising. All the Xenical does is help slightly. You could also try what Toofatkat says, if your meal is really low fat or if breakfast is a light one skip the tab and save it for those 5 days.

KB x

oh ok . i never thought of it in that way. im going to start doing that today. so if i take only 1 tablet a day (the meal that will have the highest fat intake ) which isnt much as everything i eat is low fat because the xenical is in my system will it still take the fat out of the other meals? if u understand what i mean. I know i asked that before but i was asking about when u stopped taking the xenical altogether. x

I had my first visit from Mr Tango yesterday and it wasn't pleasant at all!! (I think it was from a mince pie with custard!!).

I think I'm going to stay on over X-mas...I usually make xmas dinner so going to make a low fat version for my family and see if they notice - we're having quiet a low key xmas this year too, so hopefully not too much temptation!

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm feeling really positive about this....as I am seeing results and it doesn't feel like I'm on too much of a diet.

Back