I just cannot seem to get my head in the game :(

pixie-gem

Gold Member
I started at the beginning of August, and i was doing fantastic, i got my half stone, SOTW and was really enjoying it
THEN..September rolled around and i went on holiday and gained 7.5lbs (and i didn't even enjoy any of the food...how stupid is that?!) and since returning, i just can't seem to get back into the swing of it at all.

I always have just as many bad days as i do good, and by sheer luck (or someone watching over me maybe) i have managed to have no gains, 1/2lbs pretty much every week. (and that is lucky, i know people who stick to it 100% and lose that, so i'm sorry to those of you who read this, that are in that situation)

I have things to look forward to, that should motivate me (couple of holidays) but they just aren't for some reason.
I have lost weight before, i lost 4 stone for my wedding a few years ago (i knew i would have the pictures for many years to come and i wanted to look pretty in them) and i had no trouble at all sticking to that (i did CC on 1200c a day)

Anyhoo, since returning, i just cannot seem to get my head in the game, i WANT to do this, so why am i flailing around like an upside down turtle??
It annoys the hell out of me!
Hubby is doing FANTASTIC and i am sooo proud of him, i sometimes feel like i am dragging him down with me, which is totally unfair (luckily he is still losing really well and i thank my lucky stars that he's a guy cos if he was a woman, i think i may have actually sabotaged him by now :( )

Motivation isn't working, neither is willpower, and i just don't seem to know what to try next.
I have nothing bad in the house as i refuse to buy it in, but sadly takeaways deliver (pizza in general normally)

I'm even considering going back to CC because i know i can do it and that it works, but all i have to do is look at my hubby, the people in my group, read on here and it's totally obvious to me that SW works, so that only leaves me...I'm the one at fault, my brain is the one that is just causing havoc and i really don't know how to kick myself up the butt!!

Meh, as i write this, i know it's ridiculous, i'm pretty ashamed and feel like i'm being a child, "for god's sake woman, get a grip!"

Sigh...hoping for some magical words of wisdom that i know do not exist and will not come so i will happily accept being dragged kicking and screaming into adulthood by some tough love (bit late mind considering i'm 33 lol )

Sorry for such a long post and thank you for taking the time to read it, at least i couldn't eat anything while typing!!
xxx

I think you need to identify what's causing the bad days. Is it always takeaway that you're over synning on? Is it because you can't be faffed cooking, or just really want the pizza? If you're really craving the pizza, what's causing that, bad day, stress etc? What's your husband eating if you get a takeaway (you said he was doing really well.)

Could you try making a two week commitment to yourself, plan a week of meals in advance, make sure the food shopping is done for them, and do not deviate from the plan. Tell yourself if you get through the 2 weeks you can have the pizza the week after if you still want it. Two weeks is nothing, you've done it before and can do it again. Recruit hubby to help keep you on the straight and narrow. If you can do 2 full weeks the next week should be easier, and so on, and hopefully you'll stay on track.

I didn't want to read all that and not leave a reply!!

I have been there!! (Still am to an extent)

I lost a lot of weight on SW so can reinforce that it does work. Then in feb I reached 'target' which I never thought was possible for me - 10 stone!

I saw that reading on the scales just once! It was valentines week and hubby treated me to a box of chocs - I ate the lot in just 2 days!!
Plus a takeaway ( which I had avoided) and the few other little bits and before I knew it 50% of my bad habits were bk!!

I quickly gained 5 lbs and stabilised at 10.5 for a while - I still felt good...then again I took my eye off the ball and before I knew it the 11stone mark was the new norm...being I bridesmaid made me 'crash diet' bk into the dress and I got to 10.13 for the day... The day after I was 11.5 and all of a sudden I had nothing to work to!

September time hubby suggested some 'healthier' eating - he had obviously clocked that I was eating more. I weighed 11.13 and 2 weeks later he had lost 7lbs and I had gained!!

Finally, I decided SW wasn't my friend anymore and weighing 12.6 I was upset and the new clothes were too tight on me :-(

First proper week I have lost 3 lbs and so far looks good for a loss week2...

Long story short - do something about it NOw!! Don't make my mistake and keep gaining slowly cos yr heart is not in it!! If u need to switch diet then do it! And do it now!! Otherwise u will feel like u are on a diet forever without any benefit!!

Good luck!!! Xx

I think you need to identify what's causing the bad days. Is it always takeaway that you're over synning on? Is it because you can't be faffed cooking, or just really want the pizza? If you're really craving the pizza, what's causing that, bad day, stress etc? What's your husband eating if you get a takeaway (you said he was doing really well.)

Could you try making a two week commitment to yourself, plan a week of meals in advance, make sure the food shopping is done for them, and do not deviate from the plan. Tell yourself if you get through the 2 weeks you can have the pizza the week after if you still want it. Two weeks is nothing, you've done it before and can do it again. Recruit hubby to help keep you on the straight and narrow. If you can do 2 full weeks the next week should be easier, and so on, and hopefully you'll stay on track.

Hi Spikey, thank you for your reply.
When i have pizza/cake whatever, hubby does too hence the feeling of dragging him down, luckily he's a big 6ft2" guy so he is still losing really well and thank god for that as i really don't need that on my conscience at the moment!

I think, when i do eat crap (and let's be honest here, that's all it is, there is zero nutritional value there!) it is usually because i feel like i'm never gonna get where i wanna be (4st down) or something has annoyed/upset me and i just think "sod it" it's sooo stupid!

I think i will try the "give it 2 weeks" thing actually, because i have seen how it does work, so i realise that it is me that's faltering and nothing to do with SW.

I'm gonna sit and go through my pack again and maybe try and think of it as a new start rather than trying to get back on the wagon as it were.

Thanks again x

I didn't want to read all that and not leave a reply!!

I have been there!! (Still am to an extent)

I lost a lot of weight on SW so can reinforce that it does work. Then in feb I reached 'target' which I never thought was possible for me - 10 stone!

I saw that reading on the scales just once! It was valentines week and hubby treated me to a box of chocs - I ate the lot in just 2 days!!
Plus a takeaway ( which I had avoided) and the few other little bits and before I knew it 50% of my bad habits were bk!!

I quickly gained 5 lbs and stabilised at 10.5 for a while - I still felt good...then again I took my eye off the ball and before I knew it the 11stone mark was the new norm...being I bridesmaid made me 'crash diet' bk into the dress and I got to 10.13 for the day... The day after I was 11.5 and all of a sudden I had nothing to work to!

September time hubby suggested some 'healthier' eating - he had obviously clocked that I was eating more. I weighed 11.13 and 2 weeks later he had lost 7lbs and I had gained!!

Finally, I decided SW wasn't my friend anymore and weighing 12.6 I was upset and the new clothes were too tight on me :-(

First proper week I have lost 3 lbs and so far looks good for a loss week2...

Long story short - do something about it NOw!! Don't make my mistake and keep gaining slowly cos yr heart is not in it!! If u need to switch diet then do it! And do it now!! Otherwise u will feel like u are on a diet forever without any benefit!!

Good luck!!! Xx

Hi Cai, thank you for your reply :)

10stone is amazing firstly, wow (jaw drops) and you have only gained a fraction of it back so stop being so hard on yourself! Great job getting back on track :)

I think i am going to try and do what Spikey above said, and give myself two weeks and do it 100% and hopefully that will get my mindset back to where it needs to be.

~I know SW works, i've seen it with my own two eyes, maybe i need to start again as opposed to getting back on the wagon as it were i think.

Thank you to your both for taking the time out to reply to me :) x

I want to say, that I really sympathise with what you are going through, and know how hard it is to stick to it when your head just isn't in the right place. The support of your group can help, and it's good your partner is there too.

The advice here is great. The two weeks thing is good as it's long enough that you will see how much you will really lose if you follow the plan properly. Then you'll be more motivated to keep it up. Good luck :)

Hi Spikey, thank you for your reply.
When i have pizza/cake whatever, hubby does too hence the feeling of dragging him down, luckily he's a big 6ft2" guy so he is still losing really well and thank god for that as i really don't need that on my conscience at the moment!

I think, when i do eat crap (and let's be honest here, that's all it is, there is zero nutritional value there!) it is usually because i feel like i'm never gonna get where i wanna be (4st down) or something has annoyed/upset me and i just think "sod it" it's sooo stupid!

I think i will try the "give it 2 weeks" thing actually, because i have seen how it does work, so i realise that it is me that's faltering and nothing to do with SW.

I'm gonna sit and go through my pack again and maybe try and think of it as a new start rather than trying to get back on the wagon as it were.

Thanks again x

No problem, I really hope it helps. Best of luck, and we're here for support if you need it. :)

I want to say, that I really sympathise with what you are going through, and know how hard it is to stick to it when your head just isn't in the right place. The support of your group can help, and it's good your partner is there too.

The advice here is great. The two weeks thing is good as it's long enough that you will see how much you will really lose if you follow the plan properly. Then you'll be more motivated to keep it up. Good luck :)

No problem, I really hope it helps. Best of luck, and we're here for support if you need it. :)

Thanks guys! I love how great mini's is :)

Your comments and support have been wonderful so thank you for taking the time :)

Xx

Pixie turn around and bend over so that I can kick that butt that we were dancing about with yesterday!!!

Seriously - I can only imagine how your feeling at the moment it's so hard sometimes. We beat ourselves up over and over again, and then it's all a downward spiral. You dont seem to have picked yourself up from your gain after your hols. I think Spikeys idea is a good starting point for you and you know SW works as you have done it before. You have lots of support both here and in your OH, Im sure he doesnt feel like your dragging him down. Could you try going back to basics as if you were a new member, read all your books from cover to cover, and start with new enthusiasm? Little steps at a time will get you there. It's a lifetime journey and you will get there hun . I hope your feeling more positive over the next few days, and dont forget were all here for you x

Pixie turn around and bend over so that I can kick that butt that we were dancing about with yesterday!!!

Seriously - I can only imagine how your feeling at the moment it's so hard sometimes. We beat ourselves up over and over again, and then it's all a downward spiral. You dont seem to have picked yourself up from your gain after your hols. I think Spikeys idea is a good starting point for you and you know SW works as you have done it before. You have lots of support both here and in your OH, Im sure he doesnt feel like your dragging him down. Could you try going back to basics as if you were a new member, read all your books from cover to cover, and start with new enthusiasm? Little steps at a time will get you there. It's a lifetime journey and you will get there hun . I hope your feeling more positive over the next few days, and dont forget were all here for you x

:whoopass:

Sorry for the delay Texty, and cheers for the comment :)

Yesterday ended up being a good day plan wise in the end, not sure why i bother planning when i end up having something totally different, but hey at least it was still on plan huh!

Have re-read all my books and made a list of different hex's as i only ever seem to have milk and rocky roads and thought i should get some other stuff in that i can use for snackages, like for example the ryvita crackerbreads and laughing cow cheeses, i can make 5 last over a day easy lol.

But anyhoo, i digress, back on track and i did a big 2 hr walk with the pups yesterday in the bitter cold so something must've stuck lol! Also doing the 2 weeks as suggested by Spikey so hopefully i can stay on it this time round. Gonna class it as a new start i thinks.

Cheers for your help guys! :) :bighug: xx

Yes going to class is a good idea, specially if your c is good. You get lots of motivation, ideas, info, and support from fellow members. We are all here for you, stick with it, it works and you will get there! Just keep at it, if youre good to the plan then it will be good to you on the scales! :)

how about trying an SAS log? it'll help you identify why you're eating the 'bad' stuff and might get you on track,
I like the idea of the 2 week plan as well

Good luck xx

Back