I just have no desire to eat!!!!

topos78

I have been really good sticking to regular meals and the slimming world eating habits but just the past few days I just have NO desire to eat, yesterday for example, I had a treat day, just could not face breakfast, I had a green tea with mint. I felt no hunger or urge to eat, at about 2ish we went to a restaurant where I ate a small portion of fries and a flame grilled chicken breast burger, then I had 2 cups of green tea that night a bag of chocolate buttons.

Today all I have had is 2 fat free yoghurts and 2 cups of green tea, I am not hungry and I have not got the desire to eat, I know in the short term this might help with the weight loss but in the long term I know it will hinder it.

I have been feeling a little down and lonely the past week or so, I am unsure if this has anything to do with it as usually I would pig out if I felt that way.

If you are really not hungry I would try to ensure that the food you do eat is nutritious. This will give you more energy. if you eat chocolate on an empty stomach you will have a sugar rush and then a massive dip in your blood sugar which will make you feel even more tearful. Try to get your two healthy extras in as well. Soemtimes cold foods are more appealing as are small snakc type meals rather than a huge plateful. Hope things pick up for you. I can really relate to the lonely feelings.Not a good place to be. Big hugs x

I have phases where I dont really have an appetite as well...I still get myself to eat a little something though, even if its just supernoodles! Just try and pick on things if you dont want a meal, you can pick on fruit, cold meat, small portions of pasta or salad etc. x

Lots of people are not well at the moment. I have had a chest infection, practically everyone I know has a cough or a cold, people are fed up with this cold weather going on and on, and there is a very wet week yet to come. All this is very lowering.

I haven't been able to eat much recently (although my appetite is back with a bang today!!!). I have had to tempt myself to eat. Try to have nice things which you can eat, and which are nutritious, but which don't stray too far from the plan. If you like oranges there are really nice big ones in the shops and the Vitamin C will be very good for you.

Look after yourself and take it easy. Don't do too much and I hope you will be back on your feet soon.

Back