i just realised

donut87

i have realised that if i use my syns on food with a free food allowance eg meat i will eat alot more calories..i would normally have snack a jacks which are 4,5 just to use my syns 90 calories....but to use my syns i ate a tin lean corned beef....4 syns which is neerly 400 calories and ten grams of fat...so my advice is to only use syns on food like this if you were using it in your main meals ie i would normally eat meat on a butty and then snak ajacks which would total about 3-400 calories but insead i have eaten my meat butty AND neerly 400 calories tonight with the smae amount of syns and if people do this regular this could infact be hindering there losses maybe not true but logical ebough.... so when you are thinking oh ill have some meat with low syns instead of a curly wirly for a snack ...the treat is alot lower calories i hope you get where im coming from here what is your thoughts

mikey.c123 said:
i have realised that if i use my syns on food with a free food allowance eg meat i will eat alot more calories..i would normally have snack a jacks which are 4,5 just to use my syns 90 calories....but to use my syns i ate a tin lean corned beef....4 syns which is neerly 400 calories and ten grams of fat...so my advice is to only use syns on food like this if you were using it in your main meals ie i would normally eat meat on a butty and then snak ajacks which would total about 3-400 calories but insead i have eaten my meat butty AND neerly 400 calories tonight with the smae amount of syns and if people do this regular this could infact be hindering there losses maybe not true but logical ebough.... so when you are thinking oh ill have some meat with low syns instead of a curly wirly for a snack ...the treat is alot lower calories i hope you get where im coming from here what is your thoughts

Sw doesn't work on calories tho, so what you're saying doesn't ring true with sw logic! Sw is based on satiation. Just trust the plan

Yeah I do, it also works for your HE, so for example if you don't take your HE as part of your meal you have them as snacks and each one is just over 100 cals that's an extra 400+ calories on top of syns and food from 3 meals! It can all add up to a sts!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ally7997 said:
Yeah I do, it also works for your HE, so for example if you don't take your HE as part of your meal you have them as snacks and each one is just over 100 cals that's an extra 400+ calories on top of syns and food from 3 meals! It can all add up to a sts!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It doesn't matter how you have your hex either. Hex are there for health reasons. It takes 3500 extra cals to put on a lb so eating your hex will not 'add up to a sts' as you say

I guess I'm really wondering if you needed to eat a whole tin of corned beef as a snack in the frist place? But if you did, you were probably fuller for longer than if you had eaten 4 packets of snack a jacks anyway. Therefore would have been less likely to eat a load more food later on. Also - how big was the tin? I think lean corned beef is 2 syns per 100g, so a normal size tin at 340g would be more like 7 syns.

As Welshtigger says, SW does not work on calories, it works on calorie density and how satisfied you feel from the food you eat. This why certain foods are free and others are not. Snack a jacks are basically air, so whilst they are good for that 'I need something salty/sweet' feeling, they are not good for 'I'm starving of the hunger' feeling.

Trust the plan. It works.

i didnt say just eating that would... what i am saying is some people follow the plan religiously and have stay the sames maybe because they are eating alot of free food and for example having there syns the way i did last night which could quite easily add up to a stay the same....it doesnt matter to me bcause i use my syns on snak ajacks jely etc and easily lose the weight if i stick to m way of dong it what i was saying was was just for using that simpe change i used an extra 400 cals i didnt say i was counting calories i said i noticed that it was extra calories slight difference in what i was saying...i dont need to worry about calories you are right ...but some people try so hard and i was maybe wondering if maybe that would help them

i didnt say just eating that would... what i am saying is some people follow the plan religiously and have stay the sames maybe because they are eating alot of free food and for example having there syns the way i did last night which could quite easily add up to a stay the same....it doesnt matter to me bcause i use my syns on snak ajacks jely etc and easily lose the weight if i stick to m way of dong it what i was saying was was just for using that simpe change i used an extra 400 cals i didnt say i was counting calories i said i noticed that it was extra calories slight difference in what i was saying...i dont need to worry about calories you are right ...but some people try so hard and i was maybe wondering if maybe that would help them

No, you definitely make a valid point. If you follow EE properly you shouldn't be overeating on free foods, as you should be having Superfree as snacks first, and having 1/3rd superfree on your plate. However, back in the real world its so easy for people to think - thats free, so I can eat as much as I want of it. SW are good at telling you to eat as much as you want, and bad at emphasising the 'STOP WHEN YOU ARE FULL'.

I guess I'm really wondering if you needed to eat a whole tin of corned beef as a snack in the frist place? But if you did, you were probably fuller for longer than if you had eaten 4 packets of snack a jacks anyway. Therefore would have been less likely to eat a load more food later on. Also - how big was the tin? I think lean corned beef is 2 syns per 100g, so a normal size tin at 340g would be more like 7 syns.

As Welshtigger says, SW does not work on calories, it works on calorie density and how satisfied you feel from the food you eat. This why certain foods are free and others are not. Snack a jacks are basically air, so whilst they are good for that 'I need something salty/sweet' feeling, they are not good for 'I'm starving of the hunger' feeling.

Trust the plan. It works.
what do you mean youre guessing why i need a tin of corn beef because i worked me a** off in work and was hugry went to the cuboard and the kids had eaten all my snack ajacks...and i noticed the tin of corn beef which is only four syns thats why...i wonder why people over eat in the first lace i wonder why people binge eat ....maybe thats why some of us are here in the first place because we like food i stuck to the plan and just hapeened to notice a big calore diference in the syns and ..and next time you think of eating something naughty u just remember to yourself why do i need a portion of chips/mcdonalds/choc bar...more calories than my corned beef ..because somebody might be wondering why you need to eat that yourself

and im grouchy because i have slept 3 hours and maybe took your post wrong way sorry for ranting

i have always eaten past when im full on sw thats why i chose this plan and when i as you say overeat i have my biggest losses the advice was certainly not for me ,,,was just an observation for people to think about

and im grouchy because i have slept 3 hours and maybe took your post wrong way sorry for ranting

Don't worry. You did take it wrong, but it sounds like you had a very bad day yesterday, and todays not started off any better.

Hope your day gets better x

haha i work in fast food and i was rotad to fri sat sun mon tue close we got smashed because was bank holiday and payday weekend ..i stuck to plan 100 perecent on a very stressful weekend i got a swap for tuesday to have the day off and it was lucky because my kids were throwing up all night so we wer up all night changing sheets and stuff...i was tired and got called into work as somebody phoned sick...had to do a close ..and ive only had 3hours sleep again...i definitely did take the wrong way as i pressed enter youre post saying i made a valid point popped up lol....just kids bouncing all over me at this hour didnt put me in best of moods hahah normally days like this straight for the crap but im proper in the zone again now i know i can eat and if i couldnt over eat on my free foods id probably be over eating something else...like i say sorry for biting ya head off :)

Alli can say is this isnt weight watchers, it is not reccommended that you eat something just to use your syns, thats counter productive. if you really wanted something to eat, then fine use your syns to eat that something, but if you are just eating a tin of corned beef to use your syns up then you are setting up for a fail.

i know before everyone jumps on me that you are allowed 15 syns and you can use them however you want, but the fact is you dont HAVE to use them all at once. I go days without any syns and says with 3 or 4 and days with 10. I dont force myself to have 10 (i only ever go up to 10) syns a day just because i have them.

You are actually supposed to have 5 syns a day at least. Its not so much to do with eating syns for the sake of it, but about making sure you have enough fat in your diet to absorb all the minerals and vitamins from all the superfree you eat. But otherwise, you are spot on - don't eat syns for the sake of it. I'd probably try adding a tablespoon of olive oil to cooking to add the syns in if you don't feel the need to eat them (Lucky you btw!)

I didn't know that about the 5 syns, good to know. I don't generally use a lot of syns though haha.

hi i am not going jump down youre throat mate ..im a 14 stone busy father and one cooked breakfast and a salad is certainlynot enough for me to eat in a day espeially when im running shiftys over busy nights and i get home late... i didnt eat for the sake of it i could of just ate alot of syn free stuff but i had syns to use and i was hungry...i have always used all my syns its the reason i love my diet ...some days i have used 10 some less but i always aim to use them up because if i dont i crave crap.ive always been a late night eater always reahed for snacks pringles etc so i make sure i eat well at night so i dont even get tempted by all the naughty stuff i work a close its like im up til about 4 5 am before i get to sleep so its just like me having a big tea time it just sounds bad because of the time of night but i certainly dont think im setting myself for failure ... ive eaten kebabs and chips and cans of pop at midnight im doing my body alot better ...if i said it at tea people wouldnt even bat an eye lid inho

hi i am not going jump down youre throat mate ..im a 14 stone busy father and one cooked breakfast and a salad is certainlynot enough for me to eat in a day espeially when im running shiftys over busy nights and i get home late... i didnt eat for the sake of it i could of just ate alot of syn free stuff but i had syns to use and i was hungry...i have always used all my syns its the reason i love my diet ...some days i have used 10 some less but i always aim to use them up because if i dont i crave crap.ive always been a late night eater always reahed for snacks pringles etc so i make sure i eat well at night so i dont even get tempted by all the naughty stuff i work a close its like im up til about 4 5 am before i get to sleep so its just like me having a big tea time it just sounds bad because of the time of night but i certainly dont think im setting myself for failure ... ive eaten kebabs and chips and cans of pop at midnight im doing my body alot better ...if i said it at tea people wouldnt even bat an eye lid inho
dont forget when im getting in ive just spent 9 hours resisting kfc one of me favourite things ever lol i have to satisfy my brain or it will have me stressin for crap

mikey.c123 said:
dont forget when im getting in ive just spent 9 hours resisting kfc one of me favourite things ever lol i have to satisfy my brain or it will have me stressin for crap

I genuinely have no idea how you cope with that. KFC is my fav thing ever.

its easy mate just as long as i eat plenty hen i get home lol its harder when im at home to be honest with nothing to do

I don't eat meat so fast food isn't my thing! Apart from chips and pizza lol.

Well done so far, sorry for assumptions. But i suggest you take a day you are off sometime and have a cookery session! cook loads of meals and parcel them up and then next time you are starved and strapped for time you will have them in the freezer :D

Back